strong body?

Posted by: Anonymous

strong body? - 12/25/04 11:58 PM

Hello
First of all please excuse me for my English it is not my mother language.
I would like to know what internal art would Be fitting to learn with Muay Thai and Ju-Jitsu(Kokusai and Brazillian).
My goal is to have a stronger body and Perfect health would be nice too
I know next to nothing about internal arts.
Can anyone expand A little on iron shirt or
An art that I should practice with JJ/Muay Thai?

Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by AiFiN (edited 12-26-2004).]
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: strong body? - 12/26/04 05:08 PM

I'm not so sure that there is a 'fitting' art to learn with your Muay Tai & Ju-Jitsu.
From my experience, it is quite difficult to train internal arts and exteranl arts at the same time. Others may have had success with this, but I haven't. Best bet if you want to learn IMA is to give up the other stuff for a while.
Someone else said - "it's like chasing 2 rabbits; if you spend all of your time chasing both you won't even get one of them."
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: strong body? - 12/27/04 03:22 AM

What I meant was, that I'd like to learn
An art, that could improve my performance
With Muay Thai.
And not replace it.
Maybe you have an idead on that?
And also can someone please explain to me
What is "Iron Shirt" and what is the outcome Of practicing it?
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: strong body? - 12/27/04 05:46 AM

As for your qestion about Muay Tai - I don't have enough experience with that art to give you a solid answer.
It does involve a lot of kicks, right? I would gravitate towards Taiji possibly. Doing your kicks in slow motion develops muscles that you do not normally work at high speed, this way you legs get stronger.
Sorry I don't have an answer for you there. Maybe if you are good with Muay Tai you should just stick with it?

As for the Iron Shirt question...
Mantak Chia has a book on Iron Shirt called "Iron Shirt Chi Kung I". I'm sure that the book would give you the answers you seek. However, I do not recommend doing the exercises in the book unless you have experience in this type of body work, or at least have access to someone who does that can guide you.

Peace
Chris