Does anyone else have documentation like this?

Posted by: Lokkan-Do

Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/22/04 07:58 AM

Hey fellows,

I am interested in studying and understanding Ki.

I came across this site:
http://www.caaikido.com/Internal%20Energy.htm

Does anyone else have documentation like this? Is there any reason to believe this information is biased or false?

Lok
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/22/04 02:12 PM

WHen I stayed at Tchoung Ta Tchen's house in 1996 someone there showed a video showing the heat around a Taiji master's abdomen. A normal person's abdomen was all green on the sceen, but the master being studied's abdomen showed up as all red all around the whole abdomen area.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 11-22-2004).]
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/22/04 02:41 PM

I downloaded a really interesting pdf from Gordon Tavers website [cant remember URL at the moment] on a study of Qi and bioelectromagnetic energy that someone did for his thesis. Very interesting study......
Posted by: cxt

Re: Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/22/04 03:14 PM

Lokken

Not meaning to be a stick in the mud about the practice of ki.

But the stuff shown on the listed site can be duplicated by anyone with a simple bio-feedback machine and some spare time.

Some things just can't be explained, this is not one of them.

If you want to see the run around ask them this---

If the the sensor was set to record any temp above 98.6--which they say it is--what is the temp recorded???

Could be 98.7 for all we know.

You can do simple (and small) ajustment to your body temp just by relaxing and taking some deep breaths--kinda fun to do with those simple liquid crystal (I think) "stress test" things--you know where the color is effected by your level of stress.

Actually it reacts to to the level of heat given off by your hand.

Also notice that the heat given off by the wrist STARTS OFF ALREADY hotter--mainly because the skin is very thin over the wrist, the veins are close to the surface, and they are a major "pulse point" as it were.

Re: Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/22/04 05:54 PM

Cxt, does have some interesting points contesting the validity of those photos.

My question is in my brief overview of the page does it explain why having a hand that is slightly hotter than say "normal" is an advantage?

I mean if you could make your have like 250 degress you could burn the hell out of someone but 4 degrees doesnt seem like much of an advantage.

Re: Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/22/04 07:50 PM

Just the ability to raise the temperature of a part of your body a few degrees is no indication of an ability at chi manipulation.

See my post on "MrEd's chi experiment..."
Posted by: Lokkan-Do

Re: Does anyone else have documentation like this? - 11/23/04 02:54 PM

Thanks ButterflyPalm...I found it.

Now I just have to find the time lol

Take care.

Lok

[This message has been edited by Lokkan-Do (edited 11-23-2004).]