sensing Ki or beings

Posted by: Anonymous

sensing Ki or beings - 11/14/04 02:16 PM

Everyone has had a feeling of being watched, haven't they? You're walking somewhere, across the open street, or through a long hall, and suddenly, you get the odd feeling you're being watched. Usually, people say it's imaginasion. But lately, I'm not so sure anymore. I found out the last view times it happend to me, I really got watched, and from the direction where I got the feeling from. Really strange. On top of it, there's something I notice at night sometimes...

Durning the weekend, I still visit my mom, and sleep at her place, so I could still see her every week (yeah yeah... Laugh all you want, but she still is my mom, no matter how old I am). Now, in the room I have there, are two cats. I like them very much, and take good care of them. Somehow, I got this strange thing with cats, they often like me, and these cats seem to love me. Now, durning the night, when I go to sleep at my bed, they climb up there and go sleep with me (one of them even likes to sleep the same way as I do, with my body under the blankets, and my head on the pillow, and therefor, he often sleeps next to me). I am not a good sleeper, and often keep rolling and move in my sleep. The cats kinda took some of that behavior of mine, and durning the night, the go lie somewhere else in the bed. That's why normally, you'd never know where they are, and since I'm rolling, you could think I would easely role over them, and end up having a flat cat. Now here's the strange thing; all though I'm sleeping, I always know where they are without looking, or really paying attention to it. so if I nearly role on one of the cats, I immediatly wake up, knowing where the cat is, and role back and fall asleep again.

somehow, where ever they are, I can sense them. My theory is that I can somehow sense Ki, or souls or something. Might be stupid to think so, but it's just a theory. Maybe someone else has a better one?
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/15/04 08:50 AM

Mysterious

I dont think that you are that far off base with your 'theory', however, I have a slightly different take on it.

I occasionally sense others being present, but I account this to the emphasis on sensitivity training that lies within the IMA's.
The concept of being relaxed and exercising your ting jing (listening skill) has an effect over time of hightening ones awareness and ability to 'sense' things and change accordingly; whether it is a physical being or an action being directed towards you. I find that this is more present within myself when the sense is being picked up from something or someone that could possibly pose a threat to me.
This is simply my take on it though. Others may feel differently, but then again there are many different ways to train and exercise the sense of feeling and listening to the energy and intention of others (whether they be human or not).

Regards

Chris

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/15/04 01:19 PM

I think it is your intuition. The inner being which knows more than our concious mind. And sometimes the concious mind, subconcious mind, and inner spirit, communicate when necessary. But I don't think you can use your qi to sense other people's aura's or sense people with ki while blindfolded. Or at least I can't do anything like that, if it's possible it would years and years of trainging.

[This message has been edited by serious pain (edited 11-15-2004).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/15/04 01:55 PM

We have had a discussion similar to this before in the "dark reiki" thread. Scroll down a bit, it starts with Mr. Eds post (#11). http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000277.html

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/16/04 03:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by serious pain:
I think it is your intuition. The inner being which knows more than our concious mind. And sometimes the concious mind, subconcious mind, and inner spirit, communicate when necessary. But I don't think you can use your qi to sense other people's aura's or sense people with ki while blindfolded.[/QUOTE]

I did not say I could use my Ki to sense others, but I said I might be sensing others Ki. I don't know if my cats do any IMA training (all though they "meditate" much), but my theory is that I can sense their Ki.

As for my intuition, it could be. However, I'm male (so no female intuition), and I love my cats, but I don't see them as my children. I'm not an expert on this, but I don't know any further intuitions... maybe it's one I don't know about, or one 'People' don't know about?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
We have had a discussion similar to this before in the "dark reiki" thread. Scroll down a bit, it starts with Mr. Eds post (#11). http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000277.html [/QUOTE]

So you mean you and Mr. Ed think I'm right with my theory, and I DO sense my cats, or people watching me, or are you saying: "Just shut up, Mysterious, and read the others threads before ruining this forum with idiot questions about the same thing a million times!"? Or am I so stupid that I can't seem to figure out what you mean by sending me through top that post? (witch would probably be the case, knowing myself.)

[QUOTE]Fisherman:
The concept of being relaxed and exercising your ting jing (listening skill) has an effect over time of hightening ones awareness and ability to 'sense' things and change accordingly; whether it is a physical being or an action being directed towards you. I find that this is more present within myself when the sense is being picked up from something or someone that could possibly pose a threat to me.[/QUOTE]

I remember someone claiming to sense ghost said something quite like it. She said it's easier to snese them when the're up to no good with you. The meaner the ghost's intensions, the easier she can feel them. Not that I think that you claim to detect ghosts, but I think you are right, because she prove her fact very confincing as well. On top of that, I remember something else...

(warning: long idiot story coming! read at own risk!)
From the first time I whent cycling without sidewheels (3 or 4 years old I think), I got afraid of dogs, wolfs and stuff because of collapsing right into one, making me fly of my bicycle, and land on my face and knee, resulting in some very painfull injury... (this sure explains a lot)
Anyway, I got frightend of the dog because it got mad at me. I was lucky that it was on line, and had a very strong owner, but he kept barking and stuff. It took me about 9 years to get a little off that fear of dogs, and just as I thought I had overwon this fear, it got back real hard.

My school had a project of going from door to door to pick something up that I think where marks found in the newspaper. anyway, I had been doing quite much of my neighberhood, as I finally came all the way back near home. (the street used to go in a circle). I had never excully seen the guy across the street, because he had a -in Holland we call it a 'Heg', but I can't seem to think of the right word in english, but it's like a wall of one and the same plants-, and on top of that, I never paid attention to the neightbor. there where to openings in the "Heg", and one was for people walking in. The other was for the neightbor's car. Because I walked past the neightbor's car's opening first, I thought it was the only entrence. If i did not, I would have seen the warning for the dog on the sign at the other. I opened the low door, walked though it, and closed it for good manners. I still wish I did not do that, because the moment I turned around, I felt the sensation I discibed above. The feeling of being watched. I looked to the side I had not been paying attention to yet, and saw the neightbor's dog. The neightbor himself had locked the dog inside, and was doing the guarden. But dogs are quite smart, and this one opend the door to see how his owner was doing the guarden. Both of them looked at me, and the owner did not know his dog was standing next to him, so did not asked his dog to leave me alone in time. The dog took a run at me, and I turned white at the first bark, and tried to run back, running against the gate I had closed so polite, and tried everything to open it...

But as you know, when people have only 1.5 seconds time to do something while being terrified, they don't do so well, just like the 12 year old version of me while trying to open the gate. The dog bit me twice beefore I panict so much that I jumped over the gate, and run back home as fast as I could. The neightbor, who had been so stunned by the situation that he could'nt call back his dog in time, locked his dog back inside immediatly, and went searching for me to oppologise...

The attack did not result in injury, because I had been wearing a leather jacked, but that got ripped. But the dog had been planning to defend his territory, so was planning to do much more than ripping my clothes. If what Fisherman says is true (and I think he's got a good point), I had "sensed" the dog because he was posing a threat to me at that time.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/16/04 03:28 PM

I do think you can sense ki from other people, places, things, animals, maybe even spirits. FOr instance, if a place has alot of negative energy some people will sense it. I think you can sense animals, and people but I'm not so sure that it is a concrete thing. Or how to explain better, I don't think you would be able to sense the exact location, or sense specific things, but I do think you can in general sense the ki of things, but only very generally I think. But then, you never know, some people might actually be able to see energy with the third eye, even in the dark, you never know.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/16/04 05:47 PM

well actually if you ask me.. you CAN sense.. or feel.. things when you are blindfolded.. i was playing a game in my drama class.. a game of trust where the teacher chooses whoever they want to be your partner.. anyways.. they're supposed to blindfold you and you have to go up and down stairs around the school according to their instructions... when i was going up a staircase.. i can actually see shadows of the stairs that i was climbing... it was for a brief moment.. cuz when i got the hang of doing it without the instructions the teacher said its time we switch and now your partner has to be blindfolded.. anyways.. i've been trying to do it ever since.. and i never got it! does anyone know if i was imagining it or did something really happen?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/16/04 10:17 PM

[QUOTE]However, I'm male (so no female intuition), and I love my cats, but I don't see them as my children.[/QUOTE]

I believe "women's intuition" is the same for everyone. Women just tend to be more in tune with their emotions and tend to listen to that "little voice inside" more than some of us guys.

[QUOTE]So you mean you and Mr. Ed think I'm right with my theory, and I DO sense my cats, or people watching me, or are you saying: "Just shut up, Mysterious, and read the others threads before ruining this forum with idiot questions about the same thing a million times!"? Or am I so stupid that I can't seem to figure out what you mean by sending me through top that post? (witch would probably be the case, knowing myself.)[/QUOTE]

I don't think you’re an idiot for asking and i wasn't trying to shut you up.

I do believe people get these feelings but they can be the result of several different factors other than chi. Since your not a heavy sleeper and you know the cats are somewhere in the bed you may have conditioned yourself to wake up at the slightest touch. It's the same with my kids. There could be other reasons but it's hard to say just what it is without being involved our self.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/17/04 12:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
I don't think you’re an idiot for asking and i wasn't trying to shut you up.
[/QUOTE]

I was just joking with that quote! ^^' I did'nt really think you thought that. But if the subject has been up more often, than I could imagin it's getting annoying...
Posted by: Reiki

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/17/04 02:18 PM

That sense or feeling of being watched is the interaction between your aura or energy field and the other persons. Energy and intent go hand in hand so it is only logical that where someones intent is, there is a change in their energy field which you can detect.

As a reiki practioner I can feel the energy strongly when scanning comeone so can feel weak and strong spots... also hot and cold spots.

Hence your 6th sense.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/17/04 02:51 PM

sorry, my 6th sence is on my wierdo-glenn... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] I'll use my 7th then...

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/19/04 05:51 PM

In the book "Ki and the martial way" it talks about a thing the Japanese call "Ma". It says quote "Ma is a space into which human beings project their ki and thus circumscribe the effect that space has on various interactions that take place within it". it also says "Ma is an extension of the body. When you expand your bodily sensation (Ki) into the space that surrounds you, you will feel the intention and action of your opponent". The whole point of certain meditation techniques is to expand your ki so you can sense the ki of your opponent therefore knowing beforehand what his intention is and being able to properly react to it. So when you say you can "sense" others, i believe this is your Ma sensing others ki. It is also important that you learn how to "mask" your ki so that others ma doesnt sense what you are intending to do. An expert would even mask it only a little so their opponent thinks he knows what u r going to do but your true intentions are hidden. Kind of like a feint. I believe in Japanese this technique is called "Seme". Im not an expert though and would like to be corrected if need be.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/19/04 06:25 PM

I think one thing for sure is that auras and energy fields affect people alot more than we understand totally.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/19/04 07:48 PM

One thing to note, is that sharks can detect Ki. So in THEORY its possible, if you where to say grow new organs. I think otherwise your bordering ESP instead.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/19/04 10:02 PM

Dark Negative / Malevolent Reiki?

If the theory of yin / yang holds true, all things (thoughts included) have in them the intrinsic POTENTIAL to be either good or bad. Look at the bagua yin/yang symbol. Within the dark side, is a dot of light and vice versa. The 'dot' of light or darkness has the 'potential' to grow and overwhelm. And the 8 basic trigrams each have their direct opposing twin. It derives the power to overwhelm the other by way of an originating thought/intention

Though practitioners of positive Reiki will certainly not wish it, the malevolent potential is always there; waiting for a malevolent thought/intention to bring it to life and grow. This is the theory of sympathetic magic; you know, sticking needles into dolls and the intended victim will sympathically be affected in some negative way. For there to be good, evil must exist; otherwise there is no point in having any goodness which is to combat evil. One without the other will bring about what physicist call a 'singularity' a state of affairs which no ordinary human can experience; ordinary because it is claimed that only a buddha can enter such a state and therefore gain enlightenment in the sense as defined by buddhist.

In other words, you become a god (lower case is intended) A god do not see things in terms of good or evil; just a state of being without any good/evil 'duality' and having penetrated the 'veil' that separates us ordinary beings from that other side and saw the TRUTH you will not feel all the anger, suffering, confusion etc. we are all feeling now. Why all the obvious sufferings, injustices we see all around us ? It seems when you know WHY, you do not feel bad at all! Look at any statue of a buddha, see the serene face of pure happiness? Why?

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/21/04 12:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunter:
One thing to note, is that sharks can detect Ki.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that? did I miss an important research? I did not know sharks can detect ki...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunter:
So in THEORY its possible, if you where to say grow new organs. I think otherwise your bordering ESP instead.[/QUOTE]

Throughout evolution maybe? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] I hope so... if we all where to grow organs of the shark that made us see Ki, or any other organs of an animal with unbeliefable abilities giving it to us, I'd surely say yes! (may I please order bat-wings, a nice couple of horns to have just above my ears, the eyes of a hawk and the arm-mucles of a bear... that'll be really kind. thank you) I't sure is a shame you can't do that... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

I think one thing for sure is that auras and energy fields affect people alot more than we understand totally.[/QUOTE]

There's still so much to explore... (and there are still about a billion times this quote will be said)

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/25/04 03:08 PM

We where talking about the fact that when someone who's up to no good is easely senced by someone. I think some animals have that a lot stonger, and can see in a person if thei're good company or not. I thought cats and dogs had that to, and dogs can also detect fear. if i'ts Ki they sence, then Ki might be carrying/being a reflection of an emotion. This would mean Ki is as agressive as you are when you use it. so could anger be a bad/good influence to the Ki at the moment you use it? And how about happyness, or sadness?

Durning meditation we also stop all our emotions (right?). Does that mean that we get neutral Ki then?

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 11/25/04 08:34 PM

If I touch my dog with the intention of giving him "energy", he will allow, but if I move my intention towards taking "energy", he pulls away.

There was a top ten 'worlds weirdest animals' type of show on animal planet a few weeks ago. #2 weirdest was the duck billed platypus. The narrator of the show said that the platypus senses electrical discharges from the muscles of crustaceans through his bill. Now that is a weird animal! Similar?.?.?. well, who cares, because it is interesting! Relevant?.?.?. Eh, you decide.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 12/15/04 10:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mysterious:
My theory is that I can somehow sense Ki, or souls or something. Might be stupid to think so, but it's just a theory. Maybe someone else has a better one?[/QUOTE]

Not to go into a novel about the link, but it a view from a psychological point of view, and worth a read.
http://cms.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20000701-000034.html

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/04/05 12:27 AM

Everyone has had a feeling of being watched, haven't they? You're walking somewhere, across the open street, or through a long hall, and suddenly, you get the odd feeling you're being watched. Usually, people say it's imaginasion. But lately, I'm not so sure anymore. I found out the last view times it happend to me, I really got watched, and from the direction where I got the feeling from. Really strange. On top of it, there's something I notice at night sometimes...

Durning the weekend, I still visit my mom, and sleep at her place, so I could still see her every week (yeah yeah... Laugh all you want, but she still is my mom, no matter how old I am). Now, in the room I have there, are two cats. I like them very much, and take good care of them. Somehow, I got this strange thing with cats, they often like me, and these cats seem to love me. Now, durning the night, when I go to sleep at my bed, they climb up there and go sleep with me (one of them even likes to sleep the same way as I do, with my body under the blankets, and my head on the pillow, and therefor, he often sleeps next to me). I am not a good sleeper, and often keep rolling and move in my sleep. The cats kinda took some of that behavior of mine, and durning the night, the go lie somewhere else in the bed. That's why normally, you'd never know where they are, and since I'm rolling, you could think I would easely role over them, and end up having a flat cat. Now here's the strange thing; all though I'm sleeping, I always know where they are without looking, or really paying attention to it. so if I nearly role on one of the cats, I immediatly wake up, knowing where the cat is, and role back and fall asleep again.

somehow, where ever they are, I can sense them. My theory is that I can somehow sense Ki, or souls or something. Might be stupid to think so, but it's just a theory. Maybe someone else has a better one?
[/QUOTE]

Hi Mysterious ! just to add to what fisherman said, there train call sensitity training, they do that alot with Wing Chun, a friend took wing chun, show that, basic 2 person stand facing other and have there arm out touching each other, you person try to strike the other, the other try to sensense the movement or force coming and block it using bong sau or chi sau something like , but to do it correct you eyes has to be close

taichi
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/04/05 06:17 AM

taichi,
I hope that you weren't taking what I said out of context here.

In regards to the eyes being closed; I could see that as maybe being an ok practice drill, however, I would leave it at that. To think that one could fight with their eyes closed coould be a very big mistake.

The type of sensitivity that I was talking about requires the body and mind to be relaxed so that you can use them to listen to your opponents intentions. I would liken this to you being the needle on that is placed in the grooves on a record. Every time that the record produces a bump or a groove you feel it within your entire body and thus are able to react appropriately. This is obviously a lot easier said than done.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/04/05 12:58 PM

hey fisherman, I'v said it before, but I'll have to say it again: you have a way with words )

"I would liken this to you being the needle on that is placed in the grooves on a record. Every time that the record produces a bump or a groove you feel it within your entire body and thus are able to react appropriately. This is obviously a lot easier said than done."

The ability to deliver this kind of analogies suggests an understanding that goes just a little bit deeper than that of your average internet warrior ;o)

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/04/05 02:09 PM

Sensing intention

We do a LOT of intention sensing and energy sensing in my Hoshin classes and I can tell you without a doubt that you can;
A. sense another persons auric field (or wa, as the japanese call it) from a distance.
B. discern their intent (violent or benevolent)
C. Affect their energy fields at a distance or during combat
D. Hide your wa to keep others from sensing you

This stuff has been around a LONG time and it's no secret. For a couple of simple exercises that anyone can do (you need a training partner);

Stand with your back to a partner, have him send a very slow punch using full intention to hit you, and pay attention to your subtle energy. You'll be able to feel the punch coming in. In time you'll be able to feel the difference between the intent and the punch.

Have a couple of people stand about 10 feet away and have one of them think violent thoughts and the other think loving thought. You'll be able to feel the difference between them (assuming that you have more self awareness than the average carrot). [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

You can also tell a lot about a person by feeling their chakras (and you can do it from across the room) and seeing which is the dominant chakra.

It's a lot of fun to demonstrate this stuff to non believers and watch their reactions.

Robert Morgen www.highmountainhoshin.com

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/13/05 10:57 PM

I do think you can sense ki from other people, places, things, animals, maybe even spirits. FOr instance, if a place has alot of negative energy some people will sense it. I think you can sense animals, and people but I'm not so sure that it is a concrete thing. Or how to explain better, I don't think you would be able to sense the exact location, or sense specific things, but I do think you can in general sense the ki of things, but only very generally I think. But then, you never know, some people might actually be able to see energy with the third eye, even in the dark, you never know.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Has anyone here ever gone into a place and just felt a sudden fear that something was lurking and there was. It could have been a cat or something but when you are tense, you are extremely irrational and the sensing of ki can be "deceived." If anyone here has ever been exceedingly drunk or high and have had their optical sensory signals split (seeing the real world like you were watching a 3d performance without 3d glasses) knows what i am talking about. You are not rational when you are afraid and so your ki sensory signals are altered so that the small amount of ki you are sensing is multiplied and you sense more negative ki than there actually is. And you do sense it is there but not where it is. And to the extent of my knowledge of ki, which stretches about as far as (warning: vulgar and steriotypical/racist; the views of steriotypists and racists completely go againsts my beliefs so dont hold it against me or take offense.) an asian's penis(end of vulgarness, etc...) it takes tremendous training of the mind and innate awareness to have the "third eye" though i believe that sensing ki is more like having the "second nose" and someone farting. You smell the fart but cannot pinpoint where it came from (worse example than a Vogon's Poetry (read HHGTTG)) the "third eye" allows you to pinpoint it.

Feedback Please

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/14/05 02:53 AM

I know of a line that runs across the bach of most fish that allows them to sense the energy of other beings so that they can react lightening fast to avoid being eaten.

Perhaps Humans have this ability but it lies dormant within us - somehow perhaps a doorway in the brain is left open while asleep (which is usually closed). This could explain why you could sense your cats - or maybe I've watched too many wildlife programmes. :P LOL

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/14/05 02:48 PM

comparing the number of humans eaten per day to the number of fish eaten per day, I find they can't possibly have that much to teach us in that particular endeavour )

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/15/05 03:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nenipp:
comparing the number of humans eaten per day to the number of fish eaten per day, I find they can't possibly have that much to teach us in that particular endeavour [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif[/IMG])[/QUOTE]

LOL! Nenip!!!! You have been a tad 'snapy' with your responses as of late. LOL!

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/16/05 12:04 PM

Hey Lucid,

it would appear that you be right, it doesn't seem like I have anything useful to say this year, only smartass comments.

Great to hear from you btw, how are you doing?
Any breakthroughs with your energy training?

kind regards,
nenippal

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/16/05 12:24 PM

The theory of projection and feeling "being watched" creeps in everywhere.

I know of one ex-military Captain who wrote that a unit of his were trained never to look directly at an opponent when engaging/sneaking in sentry neutralisation etc.

Mark.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/17/05 10:06 AM

[/QUOTE]

Breakthroughs? Ow, did they hurt!? :P

Sorry, as if A had been any better with my comments lately... ^^' I've been off this site for so long that I nearly forgot making this thread, and now I haven't respond to any of you at all! Making it worse, I try making it up with 'Breakthroughs? ow, did they hurt!? :P' **hits himself** very, very wrong...

Anyways, In attempt to keep up the posts done while I've been 'away' (or more 'too laizy to even click the link in my bookmarks'), I've been reading your posts very fast, and I say that link from igneous is very intresting...

Everyone has heard of the disaster in Azie, right? (assuming everyone either gets newspapers, got telivisions or is psychic) Well, most people also have heard by now that even before the disaster nearly all the animals had gone missing. They knew what was about to happen is what some animal psychologics say. (they knew! and they did'nt even warned us! *growl*) Anyway, I read the post about the fishes sensing hunters and stuff, and I assume that every living being might have something like that... however... if that is true... the disaster those animals ran away for was not aimed by someone planning to do bad things with them... yet, they seem to have senced it. How can this be? Is the earth as sadistic as my ex, and lives? (Let's hope not, because where in trouble then... ^^')

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/17/05 10:54 AM

Hey Lucid,

it would appear that you be right, it doesn't seem like I have anything useful to say this year, only smartass comments.

Great to hear from you btw, how are you doing?

kind regards,
nenippal
[/QUOTE]

Heh heh, your 'smartass comments' have their place [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Breakthroughs? Well, I've made some breakthroughs in discovering some of my weaknesses, but as far as correcting those problems is concerned... It's been slow and steady.

....How's by you?

------------ --------

Also, Mysterious, that's a interesting sense you mentioned about animals, but what is Azie? Do you mean Asia?

[This message has been edited by Lucid Warrior (edited 01-17-2005).]

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/17/05 11:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucid Warrior:
Also, Mysterious, that's a interesting sense you mentioned about animals, but what is Azie? Do you mean Asia?[/QUOTE]

^^' I think so... I'm sorry, it's Azie in dutch, and I always learned not to translate names... However, I forgot that does'nt count for countries... Holland is just 'Nederland' in it's own language... :P

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/17/05 12:19 PM

[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/arthorses/zeneye.jpg[/IMG]

you *are* being watched.... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/17/05 12:28 PM

I noticed! ^^' But please, people... try to keep yourself from posting over-large pictures of things that do not seem to have anything of importance to do with the topic! :P (all though I've had to keep myself soo many times from doing that...)

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/17/05 02:46 PM

Slow and steady here to, a giant leap now and then wouldn't hurt )
(I hardly dared come in here and answer, horses scare me shitless!)

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/18/05 12:22 PM

I noticed! ^^' But please, people... try to keep yourself from posting over-large pictures of things that do not seem to have anything of importance to do with the topic! :P (all though I've had to keep myself soo many times from doing that...)[/QUOTE]

Fixed it. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

You were talking about feeling you were being watched, see if you can sense anything from this.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/18/05 10:04 PM

The proper term to use is spirit awareness and it is the ability to sense spirit signatures as in people and ghosts. I agree with you all in saying that the spiritually inept or ineducated chalk it up to imagination, esp, vibes, etc.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/19/05 09:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:

You were talking about feeling you were being watched, see if you can sense anything from this.
[/QUOTE]

^^' It is'nt like that... this is just a picture... if I'd be feeling watched by it, I would be considderd paranoid if I'm not mistaken...

*looks behind* I'm surrounded... I'ts after me! It's all arround me! (It's air :P)

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/19/05 10:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:

[/QUOTE]

It was better bigger [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Lucid Warrior (edited 01-19-2005).]

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/19/05 12:29 PM

^^' It is'nt like that... this is just a picture... if I'd be feeling watched by it, I would be considderd paranoid if I'm not mistaken...

*looks behind* I'm surrounded... I'ts after me! It's all arround me! (It's air :P)
[/QUOTE]

That's where you are wrong.

It is not *just* a picture. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Look at it carefully for a while, use your senses and work out why. Make sure you are grounded first. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 01/19/05 12:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lucid Warrior:

It was better bigger [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] yes it was better when it was bigger!

But for this experiment it only needs to be this size to avoid taking up too much space on the forum.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/02/05 05:50 PM

I'm a bit interested in this picture-experiment. Is it going anywhere? I believe Mysterious was supposed to do something, but I wonder if he has seen the two latest posts by Reiki.
Just to sate my curiosity for now, if I may ask, what is the horse on the picture of variable size named?

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/03/05 02:11 AM

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] I have been waiting for Mysterious to reply...

or anyone else who is interested in energy arts and sensing ki or beings.

Relax, ground yourself and look at the picture for a while, <maybe meditate> then report back what you have sensed [if anything].

The horse's name is Zen.

She is an Andalusian and is my favourite mare [and she is a very special horse!] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/03/05 02:38 AM

I thought it might be a "special" horse. Unfortunately, I don't think I can partake in this experiment, as I have no idea how to ground. Visualising roots and all that just doesn't make sense to me. So I just hope others will try it out.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/03/05 04:53 AM

I did try, but in the abscense of any result didn't bother to report...
...until now, that is )
Thus, nothing from nenippal, anyone more successful?

(edited to disable smilies)

[This message has been edited by nenipp (edited 02-03-2005).]

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/03/05 01:58 PM

Ow, sorry... Was I supposed to report? well... The picture does'nt does anything weird to me I guess... All I can do with it when I close my eyes, is trying to picture the rest of the horse... ^^' tell me, does it have a stripe on it's nose? :P

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/07/05 11:15 AM

i am new to this but i have been reading all of the posts on this topic and i wanted to point out a theory of pschology that works with this. firstly i should point out that from my point of view they all have to deal with the same thing but in different ways. the first theory is that all beings are connected through the collective subconscious, thereby all the sum of knowlege and experiences come together and are accessable to everyone if only subconsciously. the interesting part to this theory is that it also takes care of precognition and things of that nature because the collective subconscious transcends time. also because if this collective of the mind people are aware of each other and of other things in their environment, though some peopl are more sensitive to this than are some others and we are most sensitive to it when asleep because we do not have our conscious thaoughts and inhabitions in the way of the unconscious. i am sure that at some point everyone has had the feeling of being watched, or deja-vu. these could be the collective subconsious at work, also i heard from a person i know that they had one time had precognition, not a long time before something happened but right before. she told me that she was in a truck with some friends and they were going somewhere when she had a vision of the truck rolling, about the time the vision ended the truck rolled about three or four times.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/07/05 12:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trekersonly:
i am new to this but i have been reading all of the posts on this topic and i wanted to point out a theory of pschology that works with this. firstly i should point out that from my point of view they all have to deal with the same thing but in different ways. the first theory is that all beings are connected through the collective subconscious, thereby all the sum of knowlege and experiences come together and are accessable to everyone if only subconsciously. the interesting part to this theory is that it also takes care of precognition and things of that nature because the collective subconscious transcends time. also because if this collective of the mind people are aware of each other and of other things in their environment, though some peopl are more sensitive to this than are some others and we are most sensitive to it when asleep because we do not have our conscious thaoughts and inhabitions in the way of the unconscious. i am sure that at some point everyone has had the feeling of being watched, or deja-vu. these could be the collective subconsious at work, also i heard from a person i know that they had one time had precognition, not a long time before something happened but right before. she told me that she was in a truck with some friends and they were going somewhere when she had a vision of the truck rolling, about the time the vision ended the truck rolled about three or four times. [/QUOTE]

I am interested in knowing where you learned about this subconscience theory. Thanks.

-Joe-

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/16/05 10:16 AM

well i have taken a lot of psychology classes but i believe that it is a theory proposed by carl jung. if you can't find any thing you can email me at trekersonly@hotmail.com and i will look for the book that i originally found it in.

Re: sensing Ki or beings - 02/16/05 02:04 PM

Trekersonly,

Sounds good. I will look him up on Amazon.com.

You said before:

"the first theory is that all beings are connected through the collective subconscious, thereby all the sum of knowlege and experiences come together and are accessable to everyone if only subconsciously. the interesting part to this theory is that it also takes care of precognition and things of that nature because the collective subconscious transcends time."

I was also wondering if you have ever heard of the author named David Icke? This kind of sounds like the theories he talks about in his book "Tales from the Time Loop". If not, you should look into reading one of his books. They are pretty interesting. (also controversial and 'outside of the box')

Thankyou for responding.

-Joe-