All please read

Posted by: laf7773

All please read - 11/02/04 11:37 PM

I will say this ONE time.

There will be no discussion of kiblasts, kiflames, ki powerups, astral projection, flying, pyrokinesis, telekinesis, kryokinesis or any other kinesis or super natural phenomenon. No discussions on radki. Any such posts or threads will be closed or deleted at the discretions of Kempoman and my self.

There will be no advice given by those promoting such techniques. This is not a radki forum; there are other forums for this type of discussion. This forum is for energy art, specifically Xingyi, Bagua, Taiji, Reiki and other such arts with a legitimate background.

I will not allow any more deviation from the forum subject. There will be no more advice given by people with no knowledge of what they are talking about. There are members here with no traditional training that have a good grounding in reality and are able to give sound advice based on their experience. Anyone offering advice will need to provide some background on his or her training/ experience. Feel free to make it up if you like, the majority of us can see through the BS.

Everyone is welcome here as are his or her questions. Those who choose not to perform a search of the section before posting a question that has been asked MANY times before stand the chance of having that post or thread deleted.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: All please read - 11/03/04 02:50 PM

hear hear, well said!

Lane: plse check yr email, I have sent u one today. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: schanne

Re: All please read - 11/03/04 03:18 PM

Dam, just when I figured out how to make one fly across the dojo, oh well I guess I'll have to find another forum? I think it even made the heavy bag move, I think?

Re: All please read - 11/03/04 08:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
hear hear, well said!

Lane: plse check yr email, I have sent u one today. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

You may need to resend it, i haven't received anything all day.

Re: All please read - 11/21/04 02:57 PM

bump
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: All please read - 11/21/04 08:33 PM

The "problem" perhaps lies with the topic title? --- "Energy Arts" If the intention is to confine discussion to the traditional MAs which involve recoqnised main-stream methods of cultivation of "internal energy" (as defined in the general sense used by the traditional MAs) then "Energy Arts" (in my humble opinion) is a bit too wide and maybe even vague. Of course those who have a modicum of common sense will know what ought or ought not to be posted. But there will be people who sees the wide nature of the topic as a license to put in anything, simply because there is no where else to put it.

However, just for a leisurely discussion, lets assume that way back before aerial flight of heavier than air machine was scientifically accepted and physically demonstrated, there was a forum for "Energy Arts" and someone posted just such a possibility and argued something like -- '...it is an art of flying harnessing the energy of the air' would you have edited it as off topic?

Re: All please read - 11/21/04 11:11 PM

Yes, i would. I've said in the past that the main problem with people coming here to post about such things is the fault of the section name. However, it has been established several times what this section is for. If i could have made this a sticky i would. The fact is there are SEVERAL threads here stating what is on or off topic for this section. The energy arts section is not and will not be a "catch all".

Re: All please read - 12/25/04 12:05 AM

bump

Re: All please read - 12/25/04 06:53 PM

Hi Laf, keep seeing these painful posts you have to go through, thanks for having the patience to keep on going.

like butterfly palm mentioned, a name change may work out, somthing like

"internal arts"

any one with an interest i, tai chi/taji, pa kua/bagua, hsing-i etc will recognise it, the radki/dbz kids probably wont, it'll be less eye catching and wont give them much room to get imaginitive.

Re: All please read - 12/25/04 08:50 PM

Sorry for earlier, I believe human potential is infinite, so I just misunderstood the title. But as for me bringing DBZ to this site, I will accept your authority on that part. I have a very large variety of things to study. Thanks for the offer to have someone teach me laf, but I don't do well with people giving me orders face to face. I get very angry, escpecially since I can see that look of control in there eyes; I should probably work on that
Anyway,
Internal Arts might still lure DBZ fanatics to this particular area of forum. The title would still be to broad. DBZ fans will still come mainly because it is basic knowledge that DBZ uses Energy and they do Martial Arts

Truly sorry for the misunderstanding and misconvience.