How Do you use your Chi?

Posted by: Anonymous

How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 04:07 PM

I want to learn how to use your chi(not in ki balls). I want to know how to run the chi around your body and using it in a fight. Throwing it with your punch and kick?

Re: How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 06:34 PM

You best not be doing anything with my Chi son. Its mine and you cant have it.

Re: How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 07:25 PM

It takes along time to get to the point where you can use it in strikes, from what i understand. If you start with awareness and concentration exercises and focus on the dan tien and use your mind to store it there, it will eventually become stronger. At first its more visualization then actualization, but the balance shifts over time, esp as you use meditation to increase your awareness of muscles/tendons and connective tissue that you havent used previously....
Posted by: laf7773

Re: How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 08:51 PM

You’re not going to be able to use chi to increase the power of your punches just by increasing your chi cultivation. You will need to learn the proper body mechanics for chi flow while striking. You will need to find an instructor in one of the three IMA's for this. It's not really something you can learn on your own or be told, it has to be shown just like a lot of qigong exercises.

Chi cultivation with proper body alignment is your key. It's different than the alignment in external styles because the generation of power is different, your not relying on strictly muscle movement to provide power. Find a xingyi, bagua or taiji instructor. If you go the taiji route it would be best if it were someone who teaches the full system and not just the health aspects. A lot of karate schools and gyms offer taiji but only for health and not the defense application.

Re: How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 09:08 PM

I have a teacher who teaches tai chi to us students in her class. We measure are chi with 2 metal haggers and mine turn out to be measure to br 40 feet.
Posted by: karate-do

Re: How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 09:37 PM

I would be very careful if i were you to check the lineage of your teacher as in tai chi you are depending totally on your instructor to show you the correct form etc or it wont work, otherwise you could have someone lie to you and any minute feelings you may notice maywell just be in your head visit http://www.taijiworld.com/index.html this will show you alot of free info in particular look at the free video clip on fa-jing on that link fa-jing uses chi to punch,elbow,finger jab etc and also pauchuie (cannon fist) is another method where chi is used to punch but as mentioned by someone else in this thread using chi in punching is advanced, but well worth working up to.

Re: How Do you use your Chi? - 10/30/04 10:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inuyasha:
I have a teacher who teaches tai chi to us students in her class. We measure are chi with 2 metal haggers and mine turn out to be measure to br 40 feet. [/QUOTE]

OOOOK, umm I would either A, ditch your teacher because shes full of BS. B stop lieing. Or C have Laf or Kempoman correct my ignorance.