Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed.

Posted by: Akiba

Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 10/29/04 05:20 AM

Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Or is there a Ki-Blast? The other day I was teaching a new class a series of qigong exercises. The majority of the students had already been practicing yoga for a number of years and it was, I sensed time to ‘open’ them to the concept of qi as I intuitively sensed the lesson would be well received.

After a good 45 minutes we were all enjoying the calming and refreshing state that washed over us with each student experiencing the sensations associated with this wonderful substance. Some commented on the tingling sensation whilst others felt heat or sensed they were ‘glowing’ and vibrating. We played with balls between our hands as I discussed in layman’s terms just what qi is and how it affects us. Then I decided to get them performing the un-bendable arm as personally I see it as a great way to get people to ‘feel’ what it is and eliminate any previous doubts they may have.

I won’t go into how this exercise is performed as I’m sure the more seasoned practitioners here all know. What I would like to comment on is something that made a lot of sense to me that night.

That night I realised where the whole Ki-blast, fire ball phenomena came from. It came from our minds. You see, it’s very important during the early stages of training to visualise the qi and then direct its flow. When performing the unbendable arm I tell people to ‘project’ or ‘attach/connect’ their qi from their hand to the back wall or some solid object. I tell them that some people ‘see’ water and some people fire, some see air. This of course helps to make the exercise work.

So for all those out there reading this little thread I have just revealed the secret of real Ki-blasts. All the fire balls, water jets, air blasts are simply what people were visualising when they tried to project their qi. Of course you cannot create a physical fireball in your hand nor can you breathe out through your palm, but the thought of doing so helps to direct the qi.

Interestingly everyone had a different visualisation. One pictured roots growing out from her palm to the back wall another a stream of fire. On another level I wondered if perhaps these were hints of the ‘elements’ controlling/influencing them at that time; wood and fire. (Thinking of it now was one persons ‘wood’ thought fuelling the others ‘fire’ and if so perhaps this is where psychic blasts comes into play?)

I was asked what I visualised and I had to think about it because its such a common thing these days. But I describe it as seeing that sort of heat haze that rises from a hot surface. All the comics, cartoons etcetera that cause kids to come on here and enquire (though often preach) about ki-blasts are merely relaying what it is we actually think. Would you not agree?

Akiba,

[This message has been edited by Akiba (edited 11-01-2004).]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/01/04 02:16 AM

Could be an intresting theory.

You said some people see air, some people see fire, some people see water, and others see roots growing? And you figured it could be elements effecting those people at that excact time? Maybe those people are constantly effected by the elements of Fire, Water, Air and Earth. Maybe those people could HAVE those elements instead of just visualising them at that time. Try to find out if someone who visualised Water this time, if he visualises Water again the next time, for instand. Could be a nice research, post the results here...

And people who think they can breath from their palms are quite stupid if you ask me. humans are not like plants, we have one mouth and one nose to breath from, where the air goes to the lungs. if you could breath from different places, that would be very weird. (try to imagine breating from your **** . Sorry, could'nt resist saying that... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG])

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/01/04 05:45 AM

That was my thoughts Mysterious, I was only covering a Yoga class as a one off because the their regular teacher was away. I did qigong/taichi and at the end they all suggested that they enjoyed it more than yoga. (Hoping to get a new regular class going with them)

The one that visualised roots growing has been attending my other classes (martial arts) and I know she consistently visualises the roots. She is also quite a spiritual person and the wood element does influence that in TCM terms.

It would be interesting to see (if I can recruit the others into regular training) as to whether pairing them with constructive and destructive elemental partners effects their flow/sensations?

Like wood with the fire person will the fire person benefit more? etc.

Anyone else want to try and experiment this way?

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/01/04 09:14 AM

I would be interested to know if there were any consistent personality trait/emotional tendency differences between those who visualized fire from those who visualized water, from those who visualized roots, and so on.

[This message has been edited by Lucid Warrior (edited 11-01-2004).]

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/01/04 12:26 PM

well... to start the research on this forum... I visualize Fire always, and my sister water/rain.

[QUOTE]I would be interested to know if there were any consistent personality trait/emotional tendency differences between those who visualized fire from those who visualized water, from those who visualized roots, and so on.[/QUOTE]

Then I'd have to tell something about our personality then. Well, Usually I am polite, but when I get the change I joke a lot. (that's for the ones who did not noticed yet). I usually am very focused to what I am doing, and if I'm busy, I often don't think about anything else then about the thing I'm busy with. (Witch means I get very hungry when I'm finnished) I'm not very easy to get mad, and especially friends have to do a lot to get me angry. The best way is not to do something with me, but with my friends/family, because I'm very protective. Once I'm angry there's no calming down until after a hard fight or expression of anger. Mentally I can keep going longer than it is healthy to my body; I could run myself unconctions (or whatever you spell it) if I tried to. I'm a huge fan of Dragons and I can draw very good. People tell me I can write very good (or at least in dutch), all though my spelling could use some help. (and I still call myself mysterious? that would'nt be nessecery any more [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]) When it comes to battle, speed and force is what I use.

My sister herself off course knows more than I do, but this is what I know: She has quite the big mouth and will go on any conversation, polite or not polite. She is quite beautifull, but she cares more about health than beauty. She is responsable, and very emotional. she is a fast learner, and is quite smart. She is very dominant, and would no one just walk over her. She is also very protective, but more mentally, and would not bring it to a fight (like me). She is a peace-loving person, and thinks fighting doesn't solve a thing. when it eventually comes to battle, technique and fast recoveries is what she uses.

and that's most of it I think...

[This message has been edited by Mysterious (edited 11-01-2004).]

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/01/04 03:52 PM

I'll be training again with my people on wednesday night so will probably report back after then.

Does everyone visualise? I assumed everyone did but maybe thats not quite right; after all some people are visual and some more sensative to other senses/feelings?

I always picture or 'see' a heat haze, so its kind of invisible but shimmers a little?

Keep it coming
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/02/04 08:16 AM

I've heard and read about "seeing" qi, for my part I sense/feel it, but eagerly wait for the day when I will see it.
I don't want to "visualise" as I feel that could fool me and make me think I see things I don't really see, if you see ;o) what I mean

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/14/04 01:55 PM

How's the research going, Akiba? Any luck discoffering anything about elemental powers or affections?

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/15/04 08:41 PM

I just visualize energy if I do at all. So I guess I dont really visuallize alot.

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/16/04 03:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hunter:
I just visualize energy if I do at all. So I guess I dont really visuallize alot.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think we all visualize energy, but how does it look like when you do it? can you discribe it? is it like lightining? Fire? or are they long lines going from your body parts? Everyone could be visualizing his or her energy in another way...

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/17/04 09:07 PM

No, just energy. I try to focus my chi with as little visualization as possible. Focuses on the unconsious mind not the consious. Just like fighting and dancing, action without thought.

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/18/04 06:57 AM

Greetings All,

I just finished reading this post that Akiba started and I immediately registered so I could reply. I'm sorry if this disrupts the flow of conversation a bit... This is the first time I have really heard anyone talking seriously about such "inner forces". From the name on the Forum Catagory I will assume this is commonly referred to as Energy Arts. I would very much appreciate a conversation with someone who has great experience in this matter. Talk here, or by personal email, makes no difference to me. My email is hyteck9@gmail.com (please no spamming I'm trying to be serious here) I'm writing because, well quite frankly, I'm scared of myself. Please read this as a humble request for help and not bragging but there are times i feel so much power(chi,qi,something?) within that I often think I could level a house with minimal effort. I avoid thinking about it or situations which encourage it because I really am afraid I won't be able to control it. Does this make sense to anyone? 'help'
hyteck9
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/18/04 07:10 AM

Personally, I try and use as little visualization as possible.
This may be a difficult concept for some to wrap their heads around - but I'll put it out there anyways.

When training IMA's I try not to think too much - thinking too much tends to disturb the mind. Instead of visualizing I make the utmost attempt to clear my mind of thought, bring my mind into my body and FEEL what my body does when it is set into motion.
In order for chi to travel freely the body must be aligned properly so that you are relaxed with harmony in your body's structure. It is through this relaxation and structural integration that you begin to feel energetic movement. However, you can not think too much about feeling because all you will feel is your thinking.

This is the way I have been taught and it serves me well. I am not saying that the visualization techniques don't work, they just don't work as well for me.

Regards
Chris

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/18/04 10:25 AM

Hahaha. Oh please, we dont want any houses being brought down! For **** sake man, just go bak and read wot uve posted, i bet ull laugh at ure self.

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/18/04 11:24 AM

I apologize for my post. It was done in haste with the hope of gaining a better understanding of something I can not explain on my own. Please disregard. I won't interrupt a thread here again.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/18/04 10:31 PM

hyteck9
Let me take a swing at it, chaos sure didn't help much, did she?
nenippals hypothesis:
In your chidhood anger wasn't encouraged, in fact it was considered a "nono!"
This meant that whenever you expressed anger the respons you got slowly but certainly made you block out the existance of anger from your conciousness. If I was to ask you chances are you'd report that you never feel anger?
Well problem is we all have anger and it's a very natural way to react to certain circumstances, but if you don't become aware of it (because you've "been thaught" not to) the physiological reactions it causes in you body can be very confusing to say the least.
Sound plausible?
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/19/04 08:43 PM

As I've said before, I don't try to visualise but just wait for the flow of ki and accept whatever else comes with it.

Sometimes it's a feeling of warmth and a buzzing sensation in my hands, other times it's much much more than that...

One of the most memorable times was treating another Reiki master and giving her a chakra balance. I won't go into the nitty gritty of the details, but the sensations that were shared between both of us were a little disconcerting at first.

I could feel this incredible heat going up and down my arms and back via the hara line. She said she felt huge waves of energy moving her about on the table from side to side such that she felt she had to hold onto it to avoid being tipped off.

I could "hear" the ki as it went [I am always aware of it going], and also saw flashes of an intense purple and rose pink, and felt pulsations of energy and heat up and down my spine. It felt really weird, and our RM told us that we'd probably been shifting some blockage and out of balance in her system.

During this time I was not making direct contact with her, but was working within the aura with my hands some 60-75mm away from her body, so the pulses came as quite a surprise at first. Since then I am getting used to it happening whenever I give chakra balances.

I have had really odd things happening on occasion when I have been attuning people.

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/20/04 10:04 PM

I sort of skipped reading mostly everything in this thread, but I thought i'd throw a little extra something into the pot :

'Energy balls' of most sorts, were originally techniques used to give energy to something, I believe. The same way someone channels energy when they heal someone, but applied differently.
People involved in elements of witchcraft, shamanism and I -think- druidry, often charge or cleanse items by more or less 'washing' it with energy.

In my old spirit-group, an online forum, we found that even emotions could be sort of focused into these energy-balls. I wasnt that interested personally, but apparently they managed to influence other peoples emotions by filling an 'energy ball' with a thought/emotion/feeling, then sort of 'throwing' it at someone, or a place.
By throwing, I mean willing it to move [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

I heard that some 'old-school' chi/ki/qi masters learned to focus harmful intent in such a manner, that they could cause an opponent to move away or flinch away from a certain point - where they had focused.. as if they had mistakenly seen a fist swung at them. Maybe it worked through a sort of intense paranoia, or making the other person feel a strong (but false) hunch where a strike would come next.
It may have just been mere psychological warfare, but I like to think otherwise.

The trick with ALL things remotely mystic, is to be very guarded. Not against the unknown, but against the known.
The worst thing you can do, is become over-convinced, and allow your mind/imagination to rule over your experimentation or path on discovering these things.
We are not born with a sensory organ that allows us to sense electrical fields, let alone spiritual energy... so we have to be willing to wait.. and watch.. and listen..

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 11/20/04 10:18 PM

Oh, another thing :

My experience with meditation oriented towards inducing OBE's (out of body experiences, like etheric/astral travelling and so forth), had me experience what we called 'the vibes' quite a few times.

Its best and most commonly described, by asking you all to imagine what it would feel like, if you were being electrocuted, but you felt no pain, and your body was NOT spasming.. and that there was a distinct feeling of internal heat.. but your actual temperature was not changing.
Some say this is a flood of energy, prepping you for your 'exit launch' from the physical body.. some scientists say it is the side-effect of being awake whilst the catalepsy (sleep paralysis) sets in..

I dont know what it is, but it CERTAINLY changed my beliefs on the paranormal/extranormal. In fact, that, and my first OBE started me on a sort of freeform spiritual path.

I personally believe that using spiritual energy for physically destructive things is a huge waste of energy, and a complete mis-match of means vs method.
Why would a person recruit a pacifist to be an assassin? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
Energy is naturally a positive force, neutral in base, but it has a natural leaning towards being positive and healing.

Even black energy has a particular use in resolving deep problems, concealing wounds from people with nasty intents and so forth.

Spiritual energy trying to manifest as a direct force in the physical, needs a LOT of focus, and.. well.. a lot of energy. Healing is easier to achieve, because it is not physically forcing things to be changed, but stimulating growth, passively.
Uhm.. how can I put this?
Using energy to force-grow a plant in under a minute is a terrible waste of energy, unadvised, and very unhealthy for the plant... if it indeed possible to perform such a feat. Whereas providing the plant with a little extra energy, will speed its natural growth..

..egh, that sounds almost right, but it would still sound far-fetched to most people.

Ah well. Analogy attempted.. I posted, so now im going to get some pepsi max [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Salek

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/16/04 09:40 PM

This is an extremely interesting thread, and I am looking forward to more posts on. I myself have no knowledge of it what so ever so I am just hoping more of you guys do!

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/21/04 06:46 PM

hey im a neb i just joined december 21 2004 i wanna learn to do ki and how to release energey and that stuff. i need the basic steps of all that from first to last.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/21/04 08:09 PM

Only two steps.

1. find an instructor

2. train

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/21/04 09:55 PM

ok this coming from my dad, a 5th grade kungfu master; your chi is your power that is combined with all your chakra and all your energy put together, so what I found out by purely practicing the mental/energy act of the coin, I find it easier/better for me to do both, not just visualize but also feel, maybe it's just me but hey, anyway I can't see anything but my energy itself is really powerfull (or so a friend of mine who sees aura's says). First stage of this guy's qi control was to find a very comfortable spot in any place in the room, and mostly sitting with your legs curled up, then he told me to look for my center, my "chakra", asking him what it would be or look like he says: I can't tell you it's up for you to find out, you'll know when you find your qi, and he was right as son as I found it I had this incredible energy and it felt as if I was getting stronger in every body part, but it also felt like something was growing, it's a unique feeling that you can't get easily. Next step was to control that energy and start to move it around in your body, and try to feel it go up to your arms, when you mastered that he got something else for me planned: he gave me a stone and told me to imbue my energy in it once i'd done that (or attempted to) he took the stone and as soon as he picked it up he told me that it was "weird" and something was awkward with me, anyway we're going to continue the exercises later, and i'll post here what I found out about it...

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/22/04 05:21 AM

Why is this thread called "Secrets of the Ki-blast revealed"?

All that's being discussed is minor projection with visualisation. I know we want to get rid of the idiots who ask how to shoot fireballs out of their eyes on Forums like this, but that's a different issue.

Visualisation is indispensible for intent. Intent makes techniques work, especially on an energetic level. Without intent, your Qi will not flow efficiently, and therefore your projection will be stunted. Like others here, I visualise a crackling yellowy-green lightning energy surrounding me and entering the Uke as I strike.

The closest thing to an actual Qi-blast I've ever witnessed is a DKI NTKO (no-touch). Now that is something to behold.

Mark.

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/22/04 11:08 AM

I'm guessing that this is the secret to what people mistake for a Ki Blast.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/22/04 12:18 PM

The DKI no touch KO isn't quite legit. I've only seen it done on the students of the person performing it. There are a few discussions on fightingarts about it. I've had a few try it on me with no results. There is a video around also.
http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001938.html

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/22/04 06:18 PM

Only two steps.
1. find an instructor

2. train

by: laf7773

were would you get an instructor and should i follow the manual on this site [Site removed]

plz reply to my e-mail or post it here
Rooslin_1000@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 01-01-2005).]

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/31/04 10:45 PM

when you're talking about visualising elements in the palm of your hand well i don't know what my element is because all i visualise is light,i am only a newby(noob) as you might say to all this but i only visualise light? is light my element? or is it nothing? or something else...anyone give me some awnsers?

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 12/31/04 10:51 PM

Hunter you say you visualize energy? what colour is the energy? if it's a whitish yellow light then your the same as me.I think our elements are light..

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 01/01/05 08:48 AM

There is simply no such thing. I;ve trained with some very accomplished and well known internal martial arts teachers and to a man, they discount this rubbish as hokum. Learn to train your body and skill and all of this qi business will take care of itself.

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 01/05/05 04:24 PM

Let me just say that I do not beleave in Ki blast or any DBZ related "techiniques". Ok

From what I've heard qi is a naturally a benevolent force. And IF someone were able to accumulate enough to throw at an opponent, what would be the point? I can only imagine beneficial results, like healing, for your opponent.

[This message has been edited by RockHard Huy (edited 01-05-2005).]

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 01/14/05 02:31 PM

hmm.. i saw alot of people on video clips on the internet and in books.. there is this move that looks EXACTLY like the dbz blast thingy.. u kno the blue one? anyways the one that u use both hands with its EXACTLY it.. like the whole movement.. only difference is.. the hands actually contacted the body of the opponent and hit his chest and stomach.. the guy just flew back! does this have anything to do with ki ?? or is it just another normal technique?

Re: Secrets of the Ki-Blast revealed. - 01/17/05 10:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ArAb ThUnDeR:
hmm.. i saw alot of people on video clips on the internet and in books.. there is this move that looks EXACTLY like the dbz blast thingy.. u kno the blue one? anyways the one that u use both hands with its EXACTLY it.. like the whole movement.. only difference is.. the hands actually contacted the body of the opponent and hit his chest and stomach.. the guy just flew back! does this have anything to do with ki ?? or is it just another normal technique?[/QUOTE]

If I don't sound rude or anything, than I'd say my question is if he "flew" back, or "jumped" back? As there are so many movieclips on the net about these sorts of things, I'd say that even if one would be true, that most of the others will be probably false... I'm not saying you're a liar or that you are naief, but I just want to know for sure this guy really got a hit, or just as well been acting? Even I can put on my webcam, give 5 Euro's (no bucks, it's Euro in Europe :P) to my best friend (if he doen'st do it for free or fun) and make him play that he got hit by me from a distance... The only thing I'm missing then is the web-space to put this little movie on... ^^'