Fact Vs Fiction,

Posted by: Anonymous

Fact Vs Fiction, - 10/27/04 03:30 PM

Hello, im a newb, literally, i know almost nothing about ki.. these forums are a bit confusing to navegate to find my answers...
here are a few questions, if you know the answers, please post them below, if you do not, but want to make an attempt, it would be well appreciated (please dont flame!)

1- Is the abitlity to make ki balls and throw them to hurt another persons hara or tan tein possible?

2- What in the world is astral projection?

3- What is jing and what are its uses?

4- not to sound like a DBZ fanatic, but is it possible to use ki to fly?

5- am i sounding like an idiot?

6-how do you clear your mind?

7- im having trouble with visualization, anyone got any advice?

Re: Fact Vs Fiction, - 10/27/04 04:36 PM

erm ok astral projection is kinda when you imagine your someplace else asnd are there in spirit.

erm i dont think its possible to fly using KI you can try though!! it would be funny!

jing is basically physical energy (the body etc) while chi is the blood, energy flow etc

some people will think you sound stupid but well your entitled to your own beliefs

to clear your mind you the easyiest way is to concetrate on your breathing and try to visualise what you are trying to accomplish!
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Fact Vs Fiction, - 10/27/04 05:14 PM

1- Is the ability to make ki balls and throw them to hurt another persons hara or tan tein possible?

No.

2- What in the world is astral projection?

Leaving the physical body and projecting your spirit to another location. Has yet to be proven.

3- What is jing and what are its uses?

I'm lazy today. http://www.taichiamerica.com/internal%20strength.htm

4- not to sound like a DBZ fanatic, but is it possible to use ki to fly?

No.

5- am i sounding like an idiot?

No, just uniformed.

6-how do you clear your mind?

Hard to do, harder to explain. This is where focus comes in. Try concentrating on just your breathing and don't let your mind wander off to other things.

7- im having trouble with visualization, anyone got any advice?

Visualization might not be what your having trouble with. What are you trying to visualize? If you are trying something like a kiflame by visualizing your chi as a flame it's not going to work. Some things you can't do using chi, for just visualizing in general try to focus on one thing in particular. For example, try to visualize an apple. Do you see an apple or do you see the letters APPLE? Your mind has a funny way of translating things for you sometimes. When you daydream, and everyone does, try to "see" everything in your mind, step-by-step, piece-by-piece.

Re: Fact Vs Fiction, - 10/27/04 07:22 PM

Yeah, I **** at visualization and clearing my mind also. I count from 0-10 in my head to get my mind cleared. you count 0, then 0 1, then 0 1 2 ect. That helps me. Then I consentrate on breating while lieing down with my body in alignment. I like to visualize my chi while focusing on breathing. Then once I have done that for a while I visualize the universal chi around us. Then I visualize my chi and universal chi being one. I Focus on my breathing the entire time. I also envision energy being pulled into my body as I inhale.

Re: Fact Vs Fiction, - 10/28/04 02:55 PM

1:
That has not been proven yet... If it would, I would believe it. Until then it's just nonsece to me...

2:
I havent got a damn clue myself... but Laf usually is right, so I'd go for his answer! :P

3:
*After checking the link* I'm not even copy/pasting all that! -.-'

4:
No, Negative, Impossible, etc.

5:
Yes, absolutely! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] *Sorry, could not resist temptation, but in fact, I AM an idiot! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]*

6:
concentrate on nothing else than breathing is a good way, but I'd say you could focus on nearly any bodypart, as long as you don't get distracted... (If you're a pervert, than certain bodyparts could distract you more easely, so then just concentrate on breathing... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG])

7:
Depents on what you would like to visualize... but whatever it is, just keep staring at it for a long time, from every side, then close your eyes, and see if you can visualize the object rotating before you...