Reiki question

Posted by: Anonymous

Reiki question - 10/25/04 03:17 PM

I have a very important question about Reiki. Are the healing effects or Reiki an instand effect or does it cause the body to start healing its self when it wouldnt normally.

The reason I ask is because I have a shoulder injury. When Reiki was used on it it was very stiff and rather inflamed the next day. I read that inflammation is infact the body working on healing its self. Which is odd because western medicine seems to dislike inflammation... Im so confused, please help
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Reiki question - 10/25/04 03:50 PM

I've been in this same situation. Part of my rotary cuff has slipped into the joint and i have an irritation inside the joint as well. I had a reiki treatment a few weeks ago with similar results. What i "think" is happening is partial perception and partial over activity. After the treatment my shoulder felt fine and i was very relaxed. Because of this i may have over worked my shoulder. Because the pain is gone doesn't mean the shoulder is healed. It will still take several more treatments to heal and you should still keep the movement within the same limits as if you were still feeling pain so you don't aggravate the injury. Also pain and discomfort tend to "feel" more intense when it returns after a short break from the pain.

I would say continue the reiki treatments as well as any other physical therapy you my be doing but don't over do it.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Reiki question - 10/25/04 04:29 PM

Often you will need to work with several treatments to get the full benefits of reiki treatment. Healing can take place on many levels - not just physical.

Not overusing the damaged bit is important, but total rest can lead to other problems so keep it moving. Just avoid doing things that cause a lot of pain.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Reiki question - 11/04/04 06:11 PM

What is "close a skull"?
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Reiki question - 11/05/04 12:37 AM

- in relation to what?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Reiki question - 11/05/04 01:21 AM

Sorry that was my fault. I deleted the post Mr. Ed was replying to.