To the moderators

Posted by: Anonymous

To the moderators - 09/17/04 11:51 PM

Still new to the forums, so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

This energy forum has the potential to be very informative. Unfortunately, what better topic to attract the DBZ-zombie-trolls? I really, REALLY wish you would be a bit more merciless when dealing with these people. It would be nice if the crap was cleaned up so we could all get some quality info.

Re: To the moderators - 09/18/04 03:33 AM

Adolf Hitler was also against the free exchange of ideas. So was Stalin.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: To the moderators - 09/18/04 04:08 AM

You have to keep in mind that not everyone who comes here with the beliefs that the things on DBZ are real should be exercised from the forum. A lot of people are miss informed about the IMAs and this is a good place for them to learn the difference between a cartoon and what is possible. It's not difficult to weed through the DBZ threads and find legit discussions. We do what we can to make sure certain threads aren't "tainted". This energy forum is very informative and will not be over run buy high school kids with nothing better to do. There are a hand full of experienced IMA practitioners and a few others with little experience who are eager to learn what they can and have all proven themselves valuable to the forum. The flakes have ways of getting rid of themselves.

This isn't an issue of a "free exchange of ideas". This forum is for the discussion of legitimate internal martial arts and related topics dealing with the cultivation and uses of the body’s energy. It is not an anime or radki forum. The same silly questions that tend to rise every other week will not be addressed repeatedly but will be deleted. I am referring of course to questions such as "how do you make a chi ball?" and "can you teach me blow stuff up with my chi?". If radki and anime are what you are looking for there are other forums just for you.

Re: To the moderators - 09/18/04 08:33 PM

Sorry that I didn't clarify on this:

I meant that you should be merciless with the POSTS, not the members. Deleting a topic is one thing, banning a member is completely different. I realize that I am offensive in the way I talk online, but I'm trying.

And sorry to bust your bubble, Hunter, but rules make the world go 'round.

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 12:01 AM

I'm not sure a witty retort on my part is nessisary. Im not sure you grasp the gravity of what you just said.

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 11:54 AM

It's possible, I suppose. I've been wrong before. However, I still disagree with you.

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 02:01 PM

You dissagree that Hitler and Stalin where against the free exchange of ideas?

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 05:55 PM

Hitler and Stalin have nothing to do with this forum.

We are not getting into a free speech debate here again. While this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, we do have rules that will be followed. You can find them in the "terms of use" at the bottom of the main page.

Foolsgold,
I understand what you are saying completely. However i'm not going to delete every post simply because that poster believes they can fly or shoot ki balls. Like i said before a lot of these people are young and don't know better. This is a good place for them to learn. Even though i tend to be a little harsh them i will try to help them understand the differences in IMA and Radki if they seem to be accepting and willing to learn. If they come in spouting outrageous claims I am more than happy to see proof otherwise the topic will not be covered. If you have issues with this type of post avoid the thread. There are several other threads in this section that are filled with great information and are not being plagued. We do our best to keep the two separate.

THIS IS NOT A RADKI FORUM.

Hunter,
This is an open forum. However as i just stated this is not a radki forum and is for the discussion of energy arts such as tai chi, hsing-i, reiki and so on. The right to free speech doesn't mean anyone can come here and talk about anything they want. We don't pay for this site so we must abide by the owners rules.

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 07:50 PM

Alright laf, you convinced me.

But if you want you could delete THIS thread [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 07:57 PM

foolsgold is right i mean some guy could just come in here and post "is it possible to do a kamehameha wave?" and people will laugh at him and bug him we dont want that do we?

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 08:14 PM

I was simply pointing out famous individuals who would also agree with such a level of intollerance. This forum seems to be fine without extream intollerance. I never said anything about this being a radki forum. btw I hate that word.

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 09:48 PM

Hunter,
I think what Foolsgold was getting at was to just delete all the BS threads and posts that plague most of the forums.

I wasn't trying to flame either one of you. I just didn't want this to turn into another one of "those" threads.

Since the point of this thread has been made and it doesn't relate to IMA or energy arts, thread closed.

Enjoy the forum.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: To the moderators - 09/19/04 11:48 PM

Hi there laf,
just reminding you that you left the key in the keyhole when you closed the door, better take it out or someone could sneak in )

Re: To the moderators - 09/20/04 12:37 AM

Yeah, i noticed. Been sick all weekend so my brain isn't functioning right. I'll try this again.

Thread closed.