Zen

Posted by: Reiki

Zen - 09/02/04 04:42 PM

I nearly lost Zen on Tuesday. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

Zen is my beloved Andalusian mare that I rescued over 4 years ago from a breeder, she came to us half starved with terrible injuries, and it took many months of TLC to heal her leg.

[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/arthorses/images/merlin5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/arthorses/images/itchy_scratchy.jpg[/IMG]

I was about to head off for training when I "felt" I had to go and see her urgently. I have had these "feelings" before many times regarding her [and Merlin her colt] and usually it is because she needs me to rescue her from something.

There was definitely something wrong, she was in great pain and was throwing herself on the ground and rolling about with severe colic symptoms.

I tried a couple of things and knowing that she wouldn't respond for at least an hour of more I went off to teach the juniors class. I sent reiki for her - I tried unsuccessfully to give her reiki directly but she was so stressed out that she kept throwing herself on the stones around the gateway of the paddock.

I came straight back home after teaching to see how she was, mercifully she was now out of pain and peacefully grazing, I continued checking throughout the night and she remained well, so I think we had a very close call.

The sudden onset of whatever caused her colic was a real surprise.

It's been a stressful week, and I'm glad its all ok now.

Even though it is dark the sun still shines.
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Zen - 09/03/04 09:01 AM

Know how you feel... nearly lost my dog jet (6yrs old german shepherd) to nasal cancer, had a series of operations, and massive aftercare and infections, he's nearly out of the wood now, but the intensive care has made the wife ill..
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Zen - 09/03/04 12:54 PM

I'm sure this is the right forum but I'm just too stupid to get it?!
Wouldn't be the first time...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Zen - 09/04/04 08:01 PM

I am unaware as to what colic is exactly, how long before you can be comfortable that there won't be some reoccurrence?

Re: Zen - 09/04/04 08:23 PM

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Colic in horses can be fatal, it is a serious condition and can be of many different causes, from feed intolerance or excess, worms thru to a twisted or blocked gut. Sometimes mares display colic symptoms on ovulation, in this case I was lucky in that it was either worm induced or as a result of painful ovulation.

She is fine now and is quite happy so whatever it was came and went very rapidly which was a relief.

What is interesting is that whenever she is in trouble I know about it. I get a constant "niggling" that she needs me and I don't ignore this anymore. It has saved her on more than several occasions.

Am I seeing Energy arts at work? I don't know the real answer to that, only that somehow I "know" when I'm needed urgently.

Hope your dog continues to improve Steve, it can be very upsetting to think you are about lose an old friend.
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Zen - 09/05/04 04:54 AM

Thank you Jane, it's interesting that before we start doing chi kung my teacher will get us to ask ourselves a long string of questions. We don't answer to her but investigate them for ourselves.

Do you believe in chi? (otherwise why even attempt chi kung) How do you experience chi and how do you know whether it's not other things causing the sensations? These lead on to a host of others, in a particular order that include - do you think that chi is in everything? Do you sense everything 3 dimensionally?

This leads on to the kind of intuitive communication and feelings that you have with Zen.

Re: Zen - 09/05/04 05:33 PM

I think that chi/ki takes the form of many things as an pure energy form. Internally and externally.

I do know that since becoming reiki that my senses have changed.. I am able to feel more about me - a sort of heightened sensitivity - call it what u may.

Things trigger it off with me, and I notice stuff that others dont. It can be unnerving at times.

There are a lot of experiences that I've had that I haven't commented on here because they may seem too weird to others, but I've come to accept them as part of what happens when you start working with ki.