training program

Posted by: Anonymous

training program - 09/01/04 10:47 PM

Hello, me and my friend are making weighted training arm bands for training. They will weigh about 5 lbs each for arms and 8-10 lbs for legs. We will be wearing them for 2 days straight. I understand that I would need a high protien diet though. How much protien a day should I take and would there be any dangers for wearing them for 2 days without removing them? Do any of you have advice for doing this? Thank you in advance. Any advice would be apreciated.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: training program - 09/01/04 11:15 PM

you don't need any more protein than normal food, if anything it's carbs you need more of.
Anybody who tells you that you need extra protein either is selling the stuff or has let him/herself be fooled by someone that does.
You may however want to make sure that your protein intake is of high enough quality, or else it will only be used as (lousy) fuel
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: training program - 09/02/04 08:07 AM

I would add that you need to make sure that your protien intake is also adequate for your activity level and body weight.
It may sound crazy, but I allow myself 1/2 gram of protien per pound of body weight per day. This has produced a great abundance of energy for me and I have never felt heathier. However, you do need to be careful as to the quality of the protein, as nenipp said. The better quality the fuel is the better performance your body will give.

Chris
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: training program - 09/06/04 07:23 PM

Hi, I'm doing the same thing,i'm getting the vest,shorts,belt,ankle and wrist weights of the most comfortable and highest weight over a period of a couple years and see how much my body can take before it gets to heavy. But say if your comfortable with like 40pounds after awhile don't jump or fall from heights with it. Only jump half the weight your comfortable so no damage is done to your body. Not sure about what weight u should be jumping with at how much weight u can hold really, but sounds somewhat logical.