chi question - hopefully not a stupid one...

Posted by: Anonymous

chi question - hopefully not a stupid one... - 08/19/04 09:16 AM

How do you know when you feel your chi? I am not delusional or watch too much dbz thinking I can make an energy wave or something stupid like that. I just want to know what it feels like, does parts of your body go numb, or do you get a warm feeling? I am just curious. If this is a stupid question, please feel free to tell me I'm an idiot.

Re: chi question - hopefully not a stupid one... - 08/19/04 09:54 AM

coxne,

Chi feels different to everyone, because everyone percieves it differently. General sensations have been warmth, feeling increased blood flow, as well as twitching and tingling.

Try this:

Stand with your spine straight and relax. Now swing your arms up and down and breathe slowly in and out of the nose. Inhale, move arms up. Exhale move arms down. (Remember to stay RELAXED). Do this for about 30-50 repeittions or so, then stop, close your eyes and observe what you feel inside your body. Observe your hands, feet, abdominal region, and your head.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Re: chi question - hopefully not a stupid one... - 08/19/04 09:09 PM

For me, different qigongs create different sensations. Some create a very strong current of vibration , some create a more gentle flowing force. Some also though, create a sensation of vitality, being more alert,physically good and happiness flowing through you as well as physical sensations, heightened awareness and spiritualness.

Re: chi question - hopefully not a stupid one... - 08/27/04 09:30 PM

My own feeling of chi experience ? I feel like I am a big magnet; I can feel the air around me pushing back at me; I feel that I can "swim" in it; the air has turned into water; that why's tai chi can be done at 0.000001 miles per hour! Most of the time you are trying to push the air away! (At the advance level you can "bounce" someone away without contact) At the beginning you feel tingling sensations, warmth and so on. This is not chi! This is just the body's REACTION to an increased level of blood flow to the extreme parts of the body brought about my the concerted, concentrated attention of the mind on the body. This in itself will give good health, as all internal organs will receive a steady regular dose of nutrient rich blood and the flushing away of waste and toxins; hence the medical benefits of tai chi, chi gung and so on. Nothing magical here. (in other words, clean your toilet often and you will have no food poisoning) See my answer to a member called Rusted Sword who also ask a silly question.

Re: chi question - hopefully not a stupid one... - 09/15/04 12:56 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ButterflyPalm:
(in other words, clean your toilet often and you will have no food poisoning) See my answer to a member called Rusted Sword who also ask a silly question.[/QUOTE]

I think not eating food out of your toilet would work alot better. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]