A little help with some ki exercises please

Posted by: Anonymous

A little help with some ki exercises please - 08/14/04 07:32 AM

I am a ameture at all of this ki breathing and stuff and would like a bit of help with some exercises I've been doing. Please read through this and tell me how I can improve my exercises.

By the way I got my info for the exercises from some of the threads in here. It was the one posted by kempoman or something when he was explaining that most of the stuff skullkid or something wrote was pretty close to what is true.

Right I have just been doing some dan tien breathing exercises. What I done was pictured myself as an empty shell/body thing. I then breathed in through my nose picturing I was breathing in some pure good ki and it was filling my shell/body up. I then breathed out through my mouth and pictured my shell/body getting rid of this bad ki, it was flowing out through my mouth. I done this for a couple of minutes.

After that I then stood still and straight with my arms by my side and kept my body relaxed as much as I could. I then began to picture ki (i pictured it as a circle) moving from my dan tien up to my chest and down to my right arm. I then felt warmth in that hand. I then moved my ki down to my leg and felt it warm up aswell like my hand. I then pictured my body having pipes leading to my right leg and my right arm which both had ki flowing through. I then done the same with my left arm and leg, but the thing was, was that my right leg seemed to be getting a lot more ki because it seemed to be straigning (sp) while my left leg was relaxed.

Could somebody please reaply on if I am doing something wrong, and if so can you please tell me what I can do to help.

Re: A little help with some ki exercises please - 08/17/04 04:45 AM

I believe you are practicing some form of Chi Kung/Qi Gong these paticular exercises strengthen your organs. One concept that I have reviewed is that you should avoid doing it immediately after eating or if you are too hungry.

Re: A little help with some ki exercises please - 08/17/04 04:56 AM

please learn and ask help for skilled teachers. ki is very dangerous to be expermented, believe me. you could send it the wrong place and if it stuck in there, that could be a major problem. try chi kung teachers or tai chi....good luck
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: A little help with some ki exercises please - 08/17/04 07:48 AM

Dibbs,

First off; do you already train in a martial art? If so, which art?
I ask this because it takes a good deal of training to make the internal aspect of the arts work.

"I then began to picture ki (i pictured it as a circle) moving from my dan tien up to my chest and down to my right arm. I then felt warmth in that hand. I then moved my ki down to my leg and felt it warm up aswell like my hand. I then pictured my body having pipes leading to my right leg and my right arm which both had ki flowing through. I then done the same with my left arm and leg, but the thing was, was that my right leg seemed to be getting a lot more ki because it seemed to be straigning (sp) while my left leg was relaxed."

The issue here is that your right leg is not relaxed enough. If there is strain then there is tension. If there is tension then it restricts the path ways the the chi moves along.
You may want to try the exercise you have stated above lying down. This way your body is not strained by trying to hold itself up.
This is why you see so many of us post regarding anatomy and proper structural alignment. When you have proper alignment the body does not need to strain in order to hold itself up which grants you the ability to 'relax into your structure' and let the energy of the body move fluidly.

Chris

Re: A little help with some ki exercises please - 08/17/04 01:40 PM

Erm no I don't prictice Martial Arts of any kind. I would like to though but in my area in England there is none. So I really can't. Anyway guys thanks for replying and I will try out lying down while trying to move my ki around, but as I heard that moving ki to wrong places can mean getting hurt or damaging things so could somebody please point out to me parts in the anatomy to keep away from or just a site that can tell me that. I ask this as there is no Martial Art teachers in my area like stated above.

Thanks

Re: A little help with some ki exercises please - 08/17/04 10:58 PM

anywhere in the body, when chi is stuck could be bad. thats why one should know how to properly circulate chi, to avoid blockage. beliefs said that a disease is a blockage of chi in the body's affected area. try to learn how to avoid blockage of chi. i cant teach you things too, coz i havent that enough knowledge too. good luck