Reiki or a fighting art...

Posted by: Anonymous

Reiki or a fighting art... - 08/05/04 12:26 AM

i would like to ask about reiki and what it is, and also wat muay thai is. i am wondering about taking classes for reiki and how it will affect my at-home martial arts training, because i do enjoy a certain degree of attaining some skills and wisdom and knowledge on my own. any benifits i may notice or cons that i may notice would b appreciated.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Reiki or a fighting art... - 08/05/04 08:53 AM

...because i do enjoy a certain degree of attaining some skills and wisdom and knowledge on my own.

MFTP,

Within the energy arts there is a tremenous amount of learning on your own, (if you put in the time and effort). I go to Baguazhang classes 2 days a week right now. The rest of the days I train on my own, 'attaining the skills and wisdom' from what I have learned at class.

As for the Reiki question I will leave that up to someone else. I would encourage you to search around on the Energy Arts section of the forums, and some of the other sections of this website for Mui Tai information as it is an external art.

Chris
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Reiki or a fighting art... - 08/05/04 04:25 PM

Reiki is a healing art. It fits in well with other MAs because you can help to heal your own injuries and those of others.

To be able to use reiki you will need to have several attunements from a Reiki master such as myself or one of your local RMs.

Go to www.angelreiki.nu for some basic reiki info. Read the section under "reiki plain and simple" and it should answer most of your reiki questions.

You will need to do a lot of research on your own because most of us are very busy with other things and do not have time to put detailed info here anymore.

Good luck in finding a suitable Reiki master. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Reiki or a fighting art... - 08/05/04 09:48 PM

ty for the help!

-MFTP