Adrenaline

Posted by: Anonymous

Adrenaline - 07/24/04 05:37 PM

I was wondering if a person could aquire and sustain a state where people tell stories of kids lifting cars off there parents or there wife lifting a over a 2ton (thought it was way more) off there husband? With all these people asking if they can power up using chi i was wondering u could just tap into your adrenaline to make short bursts of strength.
Heard eating fish,cheese,and drinking milk will help with these chemical reactions in your brain and such.(see alot of fish supplements in weight training so u can release more adrenaline into the body or something)
Considering a person can lift a 2ton vehicle off its side you'd think a person could punch though a not to much reinforced brick wall. Not those huge concrete bricks but the smaller ones.
Now thats something that could come in handy, any punch while in a rush could totally incapacitate an attacker, and of course land a lethal blow easily considering how much power u can transform from lifting that huge car into a quick forward motion of your arm [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG].
Was sorta off topic but if people want to power up this would be great if u could achieve.
Alittle knowledge i have looked up is that of course its fed by extreme motion and when this happens some of your functions of the organs in your body that aren't crucial are stopped leeding to the quick burst of superhuman strength. If u can train your body to listen to u then i think u could practice this until u could sustain it for longer durations, thats if u could even aquire it without someones life being in danger or yours since thats the only way your probably going to obtain this feat.
Posted by: KI MASTER

Re: Adrenaline - 07/26/04 07:51 AM

hi there,
well im not sure about powering up with chi or ki is possible,but who knows...
what i know is controling an adrenaline rush is possible if you know how to control it or know how to time it.
for example listen to songs that give you adrenaline rushes or wach movies that do the same.
in a month or 2 you will be more able to control it and time it,ive tried it and it works 90% acccurate of the whole time that i was trying to do it.
ki master.

Re: Adrenaline - 07/26/04 10:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Taker_of_time:
Heard eating fish,cheese,and drinking milk will help with these chemical reactions in your brain and such
[/QUOTE]

Fish, cheese, milk, chocolate, aged meat, or fermented grain all contain relatively high amounts of the chemical Tyramine, which is a chemical precursor to dopamine (the pleasure drug). Incidently, they also contain trace amounts of L-Tyrosine, the left-handed isomer of tyrosine, which is a precursor to L-DOPA, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline). So yes, eating the above foods are good for adrenaline production. It would also be a good idea to couple your L-Tyrosine intake with B6 (pyridoxine) as it acts like a catalyst for epinephrine synthesis.

The release of adrenaline causes a sharp increase of bloodflow to your muscles, temporarily increasing strength as well as triggering bronchial dialation, making it easier to take in oxygen to feed said muscles. At the same time the adrenaline drastically slows down your perception of time allowing for you to get out of an emergency situation. This is known as the fight or flight response.

It is possible to trigger adrenaline release through training or drugs, but long term exposure to adrenaline isn't exactly healthy for you. Fear always releases adrenaline and living in constant fear causes a constant release of adrenaline (albeit a small amount) which results in nervousness, shaking, stomache pains, cramping, and weight loss. In other words, stress.

Hope this has been of help
-Silicon Matrix

Re: Adrenaline - 07/27/04 11:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SiliconMatrix:

It is possible to trigger adrenaline release through training or drugs, but long term exposure to adrenaline isn't exactly healthy for you. Fear always releases adrenaline and living in constant fear causes a constant release of adrenaline (albeit a small amount) which results in nervousness, shaking, stomache pains, cramping, and weight loss. In other words, stress.

Hope this has been of help
-Silicon Matrix
[/QUOTE]

Loss of muscle tissue, which is probably what you meant by weight loss.

Also, weight trainers take fish oil caps for the Omega-3 fatty acids for general health, and because these fatty acids help increase natural testosterone production.

you could really mess up your joints too. Not that controlling adrenaline response wouldn't be a good skill to have though.

Wow, flood control! I like it Kempoman!

[This message has been edited by Lucid Warrior (edited 07-27-2004).]

Re: Adrenaline - 08/09/04 09:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Taker_of_time:
I was wondering if a person could aquire and sustain a state where people tell stories of kids lifting cars off there parents or there wife lifting a over a 2ton (thought it was way more) off there husband? With all these people asking if they can power up using chi i was wondering u could just tap into your adrenaline to make short bursts of strength.
Heard eating fish,cheese,and drinking milk will help with these chemical reactions in your brain and such.(see alot of fish supplements in weight training so u can release more adrenaline into the body or something)
Considering a person can lift a 2ton vehicle off its side you'd think a person could punch though a not to much reinforced brick wall. Not those huge concrete bricks but the smaller ones.
Now thats something that could come in handy, any punch while in a rush could totally incapacitate an attacker, and of course land a lethal blow easily considering how much power u can transform from lifting that huge car into a quick forward motion of your arm [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG].
Was sorta off topic but if people want to power up this would be great if u could achieve.
Alittle knowledge i have looked up is that of course its fed by extreme motion and when this happens some of your functions of the organs in your body that aren't crucial are stopped leeding to the quick burst of superhuman strength. If u can train your body to listen to u then i think u could practice this until u could sustain it for longer durations, thats if u could even aquire it without someones life being in danger or yours since thats the only way your probably going to obtain this feat.

[/QUOTE]

I believe what these people are doing is called the limit break or "shen". This so far has been impossible to use whenever,but some people have gotten close and can use it a little. I have gotten close and my method is to strongly visualize a life or death situation, I mean reallly visualize it like you were there then use the anger or sorrow you get from this situation to give you a boost of energy to do something about it

Re: Adrenaline - 08/10/04 02:26 AM

Thanx for all the info everyone [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG].
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Adrenaline - 08/10/04 02:53 AM

During an "adrenaline rush" your heart races to increase the blood flow. The faster the heart beats, the more limited you are in your motor skills. When your heart rate climbs above 140 (give or take) you are being reduced to gross motor skills. This means you are not capable of complex movement. This could be where the term " paralyzed with fear" came from. The higher your heart rate the lower your motor skill will be. An adrenaline rush will put your heart rate well above 140 reducing your ability to defend yourself. Strength and endurance may increase but your fighting ability will decrease. This is the same reason so many martial artists, some high ranking, get there rear handed to them in a real fight. If you have never trained for or been in a situation that instills some level of fear in you, you may not be able to use most of your more complex techniques.

It may be more to your advantage to learn how to trigger your opponents fight or flight response. This is a whole other topic in itself.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 08-10-2004).]