powering up your chi

Posted by: Anonymous

powering up your chi - 07/21/04 09:08 PM

im practising tai chi and because of this i learn to manipulate and circulate my chi. i have learn also some techniques of acquiring chi. does anybody have knowledge on what are the other techniques of increasing ones chi?
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: powering up your chi - 07/21/04 10:11 PM

eat good, wholesome, healthy food and get good quality exercise followed by plenty of rest.
Posted by: gokenki1

Re: powering up your chi - 07/21/04 10:22 PM

meditation

Scott
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: powering up your chi - 07/22/04 06:50 AM

Neigong, and qigong exercises as well as the others stated above.
Relax and practice, pratice, practice...

Re: powering up your chi - 07/23/04 07:01 AM

ok thanks guys. im also practising absorbing chi from plants. you can do that by expanding your energyfield to it and try to trade chi with it. it works too.

Re: powering up your chi - 07/23/04 11:58 AM

im also practising absorbing chi from plants. you can do that by expanding your energyfield to it and try to trade chi with it. it works too.

Without heading off the deep end of extreme esoterics, I'll agree with this statement to an extent.
I use trees and green plants to help me calm down after an extensive training session. I really don't see it as expanding my energy field, but allowing myself to enter the energy field of the plant. I usually do this while doing a Qigong set like the 8 Brocades.

Peace

Chris
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: powering up your chi - 07/23/04 12:06 PM

I would agree that the above is worded strangely, but the most effective places to practice qigong that I have found are under the overhang of trees or by a moving body of water.

Scott

Re: powering up your chi - 07/23/04 08:55 PM

thanks for your ideas guys. we call the process a give and take of chi from the tree. just like you giving up carbon doixide to trees and it gives you oxygen in return. bigger trees have bigger energyfield, because i guess it can store a large amount of chi. i studied how to see energyfields, so its easy for me to choose the right tree that have a clean and a good amount of chi....

Re: powering up your chi - 07/24/04 08:48 AM

My favorite places for training are;
- the park by my apartment; big trees next to a lake with a magnificent view of Longs Peak and Mt. Meeker.

- next to the river where there are more big trees and almost always a cool breeze.

Training outdoors is my absolute favorite!!!

Re: powering up your chi - 07/27/04 10:54 PM

yeah. natures energy is the best. to know how to use it is very helpfull. to be one with it, very powerful....

"if nature is with you, who can be against you?"
Posted by: Reiki

Re: powering up your chi - 07/28/04 07:34 PM

The reiki group I belong to has done some studies of treatment in the sunshine vs inside a building.

The work outside in the sun appears to be more effective for the circulation of ki. Also if you can make contact with the natural ground instead of standing on concrete it is improved.

Re: powering up your chi - 07/28/04 09:15 PM

maybe it has something to do with the suns energy.

and also proper grounding of your chi.

Re: powering up your chi - 07/31/04 09:24 PM

alx u must teach me this [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]

Re: powering up your chi - 08/01/04 10:02 PM

teach u what? what u want to learn?

Re: powering up your chi - 08/10/04 11:32 AM

Nature is by far the best because you get all the energy from all the elements, the wind, the sun for fire, rivers for water and the earth for earth. Indoors you are limited.

mY METHOD FOR ABSORBING ENERGY IS TO VISUALIZE THE ENERGY FROM ALL AROUND CHARGING MY AURA. THAN I GIVE IT BACK WHEN I'M DONE BY RELEASING THE ENERGY WHEN I BREATH OUT BACK INTO THE OBJECT.

HAVE FUN

[This message has been edited by master blaster (edited 08-10-2004).]
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: powering up your chi - 08/10/04 11:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by master blaster:
Nature is by far the best because you get all the energy from all the elements, the wind, the sun for fire, rivers for water and the earth for earth. Indoors you are limited.

mY METHOD FOR ABSORBING ENERGY IS TO VISUALIZE THE ENERGY FROM ALL AROUND CHARGING MY AURA. THAN I GIVE IT BACK WHEN I'M DONE BY RELEASING THE ENERGY WHEN I BREATH OUT BACK INTO THE OBJECT.

HAVE FUN

[This message has been edited by master blaster (edited 08-10-2004).]
[/QUOTE]

So then what have you accomplished?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: powering up your chi - 08/10/04 01:51 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kempoman:
So then what have you accomplished?[/QUOTE]

The only thing he is accomplishing is to derail this thread into the circus freak show.

Re: powering up your chi - 08/27/04 08:57 PM

trees is a good source of chi since it is compose of heaven and earth chi. it gets earth chi through its roots and also heavens chi through its leaves. pines have a very good chi..... also big old trees

i also heard that the meditation "fanning the fire" also increases your chi. is this true? if it is, how to do it? good day guys......

Re: powering up your chi - 08/31/04 08:54 PM

At the moment i don't have enough time to look over my message but i'm sorry about making it so difficult to read. I never looked it over so i'm sure it has some pretty bad grammer in it [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]. So until u see 2 updates at the bottom maybe it would be better to wait to read this =).

If u don't like to read u can just skip to the next paragraph.
That i'de post alittle information but this topic since I always tried to find something to increase the amount of chi my body could hold thinking that if I found something that could charge the energy inside me that I could maybe make a really strong energy ball to through around lol or something to give a constand flow of energy into the body so that I could just keep channeling it cause it seems if u generate ki balls that after afew of expelling them and not visualizing taking them in that I get really exhausted even though i never done anything.

OK heres my real info on the subject [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG].
There was a scientist called wilhelm reich that was a famous scientist until he claimed that he could measure the bodies energy and such and also make and a device called the orgone energy accumulator which claims say that it renewed the bodies energys with fresh and new energy to point where the body couldn't hold anymore. Other affects was healing of certain things but not going into that.
This energy accumulator was inclosed space resembling a closet that was placed outside made out of alternating layers of oragnic material and certain metals. This by now seems sorta strange but after your done reading this u can look it up yourself and see what u think [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG].
The organic material layers would attract energy from the surrounds and the certain metals would reflect it so alternating them would magnify this effect towards the center where it increasingly became more active when the energy radiating from the inner walls reacted with your energy which would eventually absorb into the body, charging are bodies with fresh energy while running a ground from the accumulator to a bucket of water that absorbs the dead energy inside.

The main reason I posted this is that if someone has the time to produce one of these which its not hard to make or obtain the info to make one, is to maybe post some information about what u felt when you were inside and perhaps if u can stay in there longer then when your supposed to(how long till it feels like that its not doing anything anymore or if u produce a headache,nausea, etc from a overcharge that people claimed they got from being in to long) that your body could adept to the little extra energy imput into your body where your body could hold more and more at a faster pace if u combined it with energy arts where u could have increased effects of whatever your practicing with your energy art.

[This message has been edited by Taker_of_time (edited 09-01-2004).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: powering up your chi - 08/31/04 10:29 PM

taker of time,

Read your posts before you submit them. A Read your posts before you submit them. A long post is enough to get through, it only makes it harder when it is incoherent rambling.

Try learning from a legitimate IMA instructor and find out what you can do with your chi before you try to "fill up" your body with it. I'm glad you have an interest in energetics but it's time you learned kiblasts ARE NOT REAL.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: powering up your chi - 09/01/04 09:32 AM

the post is difficult to read, agreed, but w r could be interesting research for anyone interesting in energywork

his (early) work is the mother of a whole bunch of therapies that work with the body to deal with psychological dysfunctions as opposed to classical psychotherapy...
...and western medicine is a lot better off thank's to him and the people who have developed his thoughts and work

At some point he probably stumbled upon the same qi that we work with and tried to understand and explain it "western style" (western as opposed to oriental, not as in cowboy )
He might have "flipped out" a tad in his later work, but that doesn't take anything away from his contribution to the (western) understanding of mind-body unity.

My two cents just so you don't throw out the baby with the bathing water, so to speak...