A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki

Posted by: Kempoman

A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki - 07/20/04 03:11 PM

I have been very hard here on the Radical Ki(RadKi) group without being true to my skeptical nature. So, in order to correct this injustice I have decided to do a step-by-step critique of the training methods and techniques taken from what I assume to be the accepted tome on the matter...The Ki Manual authored by Skullkid.

Ki Blasts & Ki Beams

I am troubled by the following statements in the manual...

On what 'doing' a ki blast feels like
Quote:

excerpts taken from the 'Ki Manual' authored by Skullkid:
Now when you are blasting your hands will probaby get warmer or tingle more or whatever, but then after the ki ball / blast has completely left your hands, they should be cool as if nothing was there. If you still feel heat there, then either the ki ball did not leave your hands, OR, if there's only a little bit of heat or tingling, it's most likely just because of the ki that was just blasted from your hands. If your hands simply cool down as soon as you shoot them forward, that normally means that your ki ball just dispersed into the air without going any where. If this happens it most likely means that you were not in complete concentration and focusing on the blast. Don't get discouraged, it takes a different amount of time to learn a ki blast for all people. Just keep working at it and soon you will get it.

Now this is what is known as 'Covering your bases' if the hands are still warm and tingly afterward it is..

Quote:

Most likely just because of the ki that was just blasted from your hands

but just a bit earlier in the paragraph...

Quote:

your hands will probaby get warmer or tingle more or whatever, but then after the ki ball / blast has completely left your hands, they should be cool as if nothing was there

You see there is not an option left for the Radki practicioner ta have failed. The very last sentance also sucessfully lowers expectations by stating

Quote:

. Don't get discouraged, it takes a different amount of time to learn a ki blast for all people

The above is a complete and total cop out.

Problem the next...what 'doing' a ki beam feels like is just like what failing at a 'ki blast' feels like.

Quote:

. It still feels hot or tingly when you blast it, but then when you stop blasting, your hands will probably still stay warm for a little bit afterwards, since ki was constantly coming out of your hands, instead of just leaving in a short blast

and

Quote:

. If you still feel heat there, then either the ki ball did not leave your hands

This radki stuff is very confusing, but not any more so than some of the Ling Kong Jing information.

Next we move on to Throwing a ki ball

Quote:

]excerpts taken from the 'Ki Manual' authored by Skullkid:
Throwing a ki ball is quite different from blasting it. For some it is harder because it takes more will power. I strongly suggest using the ki ball shell technique from the beginner page for this technique, until you become skilled enough to the point where you don't need to use the ki ball shield at all anymore.To start out, just make a normal ki ball like you always do. Now, for throwing it, you can either use the two handed strike like you would for a blast, or you could just use one hand, by either moving the ki ball there, or if you can, just making the ball in one hand. When you go to throw it, you must keep the thought in your mind that it is going to stay in the shape of a ball. If you just try to lob it like a baseball, it will most likely just disperse into the air. Now, just go to throw it like you always would a normal ball, but make your intent clear to keep it in the form of a ball. See it in your mind, flying through the air, and when it reaches your opponent, you could make it explode or whatever. Just will it to happen and it will happen.

Okay, we are firmly into fantasy land here. We have left any pretense that these are just visualization aides and right at home with the fellas in the Dragonball-Z cartoon.
I again state for the record that if anyone feels that the can actally throw one of these at me and cause it to explode in, on or around me I am game and will even put up $1,000 US if the evidence shows that the attack was sucessful.

On to Ki Shields

Quote:

]excerpts taken from the 'Ki Manual' authored by Skullkid:
DO NOT try use this as a physical shield, because it will not block against phsyical attacks, or bullets or anything, so don't bother because you don't want to get hurt

'nuff said.

Genki Dama & Bikku Ban Attaku

Someone please get the men in the white coats. No mention of the amount of damage these so-called attacks are supposed to rain down on the opponent...Oh yes, and the Genki Dama devistates 'Evil' beings. Hmmmm.

In conclusion starting out the intermediate techniques and practice of Radki resembles Ling Kong Jing. A little deeper invesitgation reveals a much more silly side.

There also seems to be no easy way to test the Genki Dama as there may be a shortage of 'Evil' beings to devistate.

Kempoman
Moderator - Energy Arts
FightingArts.com

Next Up Advanced Radical Techniques & Practice...

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 07-20-2004).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 08/30/04 11:02 PM

bump.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 08/31/04 07:24 AM

Maybe this has been said before, but I'll say it again.
I disturbs me that there are kids out there that think that they can actually do the things Kempoman quoted. IMO it is actually quite dangerous.

First off; even if they are doing some sort of energetic work with their mind and body, they are doing so with bogus information. Most of the skilled people on this forum understand that doing energetic body practices the wrong way can cause ill health effects.

Second; it is dangerous because these kids think that they can actually do this stuff to defend themselves against an oncoming attack. I would consider this to be a serious mistake. It doesn't take experience in a martial art to know that you can just clobber someone who is standing there feeling their Ki-Balls. In all honesty, I would probably fall down laughing if I saw someone doing this. Then they might say "See, I knocked you down!".

I think that its a little sad that it has to be gone over again and again that Radki is bogus. However, if it opens the eyes of a misinformed youngster, well, I guess I'm for it then.

Set em' up and knock em' down...

Chris
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 09/01/04 11:02 PM

Kempoman, the Genki Dama and bikku ban attaku are th japanese names for spirit bomb and finalflash. Im positive that Genki dama is spirit bomb, not sure about bikku ban. If you dont know, they are moves in DBZ. I see these techniques all the time and they are bogus that they take them from a show. At least they could make their own imaginary attacks.

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 09/12/04 08:31 PM

I read that stupid guide. One thing I MUST point out is that the method described in the very introduction about focusing on your meditation by counting up from 0 to 10 by counting 0, 0 1, 0 1 2, ect. Does work, but I think its ripped off from something else.

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 09/13/04 06:50 AM

From what?
You seem to have a bit of knowlege on the subject.
What is your experience and background within the internal martial arts?

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 09/13/04 12:39 PM

I seem to have hurd is befor. Probably so long ago I cant remeber its source. If I had to guess I would say I hurd it when someone gave me basic relaxation instructions. As for my background, I had no formal training in IMA, I did take Tai Kuan Do, but I also dont make grand claims. I meditate do my best to learn to channel my chi and work to push my body and abilities to beyond their normal limits. I have found substansial success. Expessily in the field of recovery from injury or just muscle fatigue. What is you background in IMA.

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 11/02/04 03:26 PM

Skullkid has already told you that his ki manual and everything else to do with it was just a joke, his methods were partly a rip off from somewhere else and his methods are to complicated and makes things to hard to do

p.s some of you think i'm an idiot so those people just ignore me
Posted by: kronin

Re: A Traditional Critique of Intermediate Radical Ki Techniques and Practice - 12/21/05 05:40 PM

Quote:

From what?
You seem to have a bit of knowlege on the subject.
What is your experience and background within the internal martial arts?

In order to even begin to do anything like that you would have to go out in the woods for years and years, never have sex, eat fresh foods on a very specific Taoist diet and several other things that most people just don´t do. If you did áll of that you wouldn´t be throwing around Chi balls, or whatever, like a circus act afterwards.
Posted by: Saas

A Traditional Critique for you. - 03/15/06 07:09 AM

If you knew something that doesn't mean you can post it.
I knew where did you get this,and you have quite big problem now.
If you aren't cheater you knew what I am talking abouth.

-----
Don't make threats to members especially the mods on this forum or I will have you banned from the site.

Re: A Traditional Critique for you. - 03/15/06 08:34 AM

Quote:

If you knew something that doesn't mean you can post it.

Not necessarily. There is plenty that I know, but I
choose not to post it. I make this choice because it is either not fit for public discussion, or it might be easily misinterpreted due to subject content.

Quote:

I knew where did you get this,and you have quite big problem now.

And what is the problem that we have?

Quote:

If you aren't cheater you knew what I am talking abouth.

Perhaps you would like to clarify what it is that you are trying to convey in your post.