Just a lil help needed

Posted by: Anonymous

Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 02:23 PM

ok so im a brown belt in tae kwon do and i started takin tai chi this summer. i wanted to learn the ki basics last year and i started training and meditating yet it showed no signs of change over the year anyone with any kind of informatoin plz help me out

-destro

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 03:22 PM

Well 999, when you do meditation it don't show that much it only makes you relax, and more visual of the things that are happening. You become more focus, now if you are trying to do Radki(Radical Ki) then you might have to meditate more aday. Tradki(Tradiditonal Ki) is even harder more better in the way it dont cause to much stress on you and your mind. My way is meditate before you eat and after you eat, and before you go to sleep, and when you wake up.

-Tanshal Demashi

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 03:49 PM

o thnx but do u or anyone else have any good reliable sources ( websites or other wise) about using ki

also i meditate 6 times during summer and 4 times during school year would that be a good amount?

-destro

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 04:53 PM

Yes, that is good to keep medtating like that and a good site to go and check out is [REMOVED LINK TO ABSURD WEBSITE] go in the message board the people there really can help you out and work with you alot.

-Tanshal Demashi

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 07-16-2004).]
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 06:02 PM

Destro,

Do yourself a favor and wait for Scott or one of the others with more knowledge on this subject to give you advise. No offense to Tanshal but this whole "radki" thing is a joke. There are no ki blasts, ki flames or throwing of ki balls. This is all garbage brought on by cartoons, IT DOES NOT EXIST. Find a qualified internal martial arts instructor if you are interested in chi/ki or anything related to the energy arts.

Scott will more than likely remove the link for that site once he sees it.

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 06:24 PM

ok well there are two options tog go with... and i tried the site and i figured that its pretty fake and based on dbz. PEOPLE DBZ IS NOT REAL. so im gonna go with laf7773 on this one and wait for this scott person to take a look and help me with my lil problem and questions

-destro

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 06:29 PM

Hold up you didnt understand me, lol I don't want to be mean im just saying that most people say they can do a ki blast and stuff, now I never did one but I know its just saying dbz techs and most radki is dbz all of it is i think, but I dont know what 999 want to do with ki or do he just want to just learn how to meditate better. But most people these days are going to Tradki.

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 06:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tanshal Demashi:
Hold up you didnt understand me, lol I don't want to be mean im just saying that most people say they can do a ki blast and stuff, now I never did one but I know its just saying dbz techs and most radki is dbz all of it is i think, but I dont know what 999 want to do with ki or do he just want to just learn how to meditate better. But most people these days are going to Tradki.[/QUOTE]

Could you please do everyone a favor and proof read your posts before submitting them? I'm not trying to be a prick(at least no today) but this post was barely readable. I went to the site and looked at the forum. I read your thread about radki/tradki. I am willing to bet money that about 90 percent of those "radki" guys all have two things in common. One is they are under 18 and the second is they have had little or no MA training, much less IMA training. Radki is not real. That site is nothing more than a child’s fantasy. I promise you in a few years you will look back and think "what in the hell was I thinking?". If you want to know the REAL uses of ki/chi listen to people like Kempoman, Reiki, fisherman and a few others here who have ACTUAL TRAINING with this sort of thing. Not a bunch of kids who sit around in there rooms all day pretending to make kiflames. You can and will learn a lot from this forum if you just read what is said. What you will NOT learn here is how to practice qigong, tai chi or any other IMA. You will get the terminology, and basic concepts of how and why these (real chi/ki uses) things work.

destro,

Scott is Kempoman, the moderator. I studied under him for a brief time almost 10 years ago. He knows what he is talking about. Best bet in the mean time is to go back and read some of the threads he started or responded to. There is already a lot of good information here.

Here is a great place to start.
http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000150.html

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 06:51 PM

One is they are under 18 and the second is they have had little or no MA training, much less IMA training.

I just want to make it clear that i am not blasting teens at all. There are a few on the forum that have a good head on there shoulders. Very rarely though will you see a 30 year old guy convinced he can do ki blasts or ki flames, unless he is trying to con people.

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 11:06 PM

Hey I told him to go in the Message Board not the site, the people in the Board knows alot, I dont know who made the site, it is mostly dbz related. Hey, and plus people there are friendly.

- Tanshal Demashi
Posted by: Telepath

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 11:15 PM

please do me a favor...shut up... if the board is created by dbz(retarted) people.. then the board will obviously be full of them...

destro999-

the best thing would be to talk to either myself or scott about it..what are you loking to do with your meditation?.. what is your goal and what are you meditating on?

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/15/04 11:57 PM

Why are you all so full of your selfs, and you shut up. Just like this board people came in to help out and started to get knowledge of arts, Now Ki University might have Radki but, dont crake on the board if you never even saw or wrote something in it. I know a couple of years ago people everyone was saying I can do a Ki Blast and stuff, Now look things changed alot, people have changed to. 999 asked for a site I gave him a site and told him to check out the message board. What it seems like is just because someone is new in the board, you think his is new in the arts too, well you are wrong all of you.

-Tanshal Demashi

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 01:30 AM

I did look at the board. Like i said at least 90 percent of them have no idea what they are talking about.

"Why are you all so full of your selfs"

I'm not. I didn't say he should listen to me. I recomended he get information from others here.

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 01:35 AM

no what i don't want is for someone who is unexperienced to get the rong impression of not only this forum, But Qi in general

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 01:56 AM

No they don't have the wrong Ideal really they are saying the same thing as you guys are. And everyone need to help everyone out not just 2 people the whole time. Try new methods out one day someone might have a easer ways to do something. Now don't get me wrong I understand you trying to help but that shut up that you told me was just wrong.

-Tanshal Demashi

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 02:01 AM

see i get agitated when i see radical ki or dbz anywhere on this baord. i do apologize for the shut up but do you understand where i am coming from

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 02:05 AM

yes I do understand, and I will not use any radki(dbz) any more on the board.

-Tanshal Demashi
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 12:35 PM

[QUOTE]ok so im a brown belt in tae kwon do and i started takin tai chi this summer. i wanted to learn the ki basics last year and i started training and meditating yet it showed no signs of change over the year anyone with any kind of informatoin plz help me out
-destro [/QUOTE]

Okay I'll bite again but first a few questions I would like to have answered.

1) What style of taijiquan are you studying?

2) Who is your tajiquan instructor?

3) How old are you?

4) Do you realize that tae kwon do and taijiquan don't and won't mix?

If you answer these questions (I feel like the wizard from the Holy Grail), I will be glad to respond.

Thank you,
Scott (Kempoman)

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 01:39 PM

I am studing the Tai Chi chuan under my grandfather whos studied it for about 30 or so years. he wuz taught by a master whos name excapes me at the moment. i am 16 years old and i do kno that tai chi and tae kwon do dont mix. they are 2 diffrent fighting styles that are based on diffrent princilbles. im studing tae kwon do at pais tae kwon do i new york under Master Il Yang.

-destro
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 01:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by destro999:
ok so im a brown belt in tae kwon do and i started takin tai chi this summer. i wanted to learn the ki basics last year and i started training and meditating yet it showed no signs of change over the year anyone with any kind of informatoin plz help me out

-destro
[/QUOTE]

I would ask your Grandfather.

Re: Just a lil help needed - 07/16/04 01:59 PM

ok i will when i c him thanks agian every one