Silk Reeling

Posted by: Telepath

Silk Reeling - 07/07/04 11:40 PM

to fellow Tai Chi practitioners... what excercises do you use and how benefical is this excercise for you.....

I use two methods , each with different excercises...one is from Chen, and the other is from a lesser known style Chang mostly practiced at Wudan
They have worked phenominal for me
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Silk Reeling - 07/09/04 09:00 AM

Not trying to push your buttons here but this is a rather odd post. When you speak of Chang style taijiquan which one do you mean? Who is the creator of the style?
Whom do you study with? Sorry but lately the forums have been overrun with idiots and liars so forgive me if I question your reality.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Scott
Posted by: Telepath

Re: Silk Reeling - 07/09/04 01:34 PM

it's no problem.. i have noticed what you mean....i live in miami florida and i study under two masters, my uncle Joe Gomez and my other master that only teaches me Chang and WU... his name is Al Agon... his school is at the grove but he gives me private lessons because he and my uncle used to train together under kenny ching and Moka Seng..now bolth of these were chinese masters that actually came from china.... Kenny Ching is mostly Wudan and Moka Seng taught all the Animal styles and some gung fu from Mt. Emei or hower you say it...

i honestly have no idea who the creater of the style is... MOKA seng is dead now and Kenny ching only gives demonstrations across the whole country so i'll ask him when he gets back down here.. this guy is amazing...i mean when he was teaching my uncle he was in his 40's... now he is 70 and he looks exactly the same.. he moves exactly the same. it's like he never aged

it's from the advanced qigong he studies.. thats what my uncle is teaching me now.. it's pretty umm scary actually.. you need to wear a weight belt when you do it and after i did the first couple of excercises whoich are for certain organs and cultivating the qi.. i went into a sweat.. my metabolism changed drasticlally and my palms became a bit heavy... it was scary....

Anything else you would like to know.....

What branch do you study
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Silk Reeling - 07/09/04 01:47 PM

Telepath,

I am familiar with the Chang style which was created by GM Chang Tung Shang. He was the best Shuai Chao fighter/teacher in recent history.

I study xingyiquan (a sister art to taijiquan).

The weight belt stuff sounds a little like some circle-walking (baguazhang) stuff I have seen before, good stuff.

I have heard of Sifu Ching before and I understand that he has high skills.

Welcome to the forums!

Scott