cutting through the crap

Posted by: Anonymous

cutting through the crap - 07/02/04 10:32 PM

Kempoman, I'm still fairly new here, and I might be out of place saying this.. But I just don't see how you can take the same questions over and over again,

-how do you fire a ki ball, how do you levitate things, my friend can do this and that- is it ki, what is store near me that I can buy a lightsaber at?????

I feel sorry for many of the kids who come here and claim so many things, or ask those kinds of questions and get flamed. I'm starting to feel more sorry for you and the 5 or so informed people that have to answer time and time again.

May I suggest going to the BodyBuilding.com
Message board into the supplement section and check out the "stickies" and forum rules at the top of the page. These guys are pretty effective at cutting through all the crap. Something similar could be used here to cut down your workload.

I have a couple of suggestions for rules of the board myself..

-must do a search before asking a question
-new topics must be specific-(not "ki energy")

Don't worry, My ego isn't so big that I think I can just pop my head in here and start cleanig house, I'm just feeling semi-anal and also getting sympathy moderator pains.
Posted by: Salek

Re: cutting through the crap - 07/03/04 04:47 AM

I agree with his rules Idea, it would be much easyer if you had a "How to Shoot ki MUST READ" to lure the stupid ones that would ask that and then in the post explain the rules! lol its mean but effective

Thanks,
Salek
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: cutting through the crap - 07/03/04 07:47 AM

I feel sorry for many of the kids who come here and claim so many things, or ask those kinds of questions and get flamed. I'm starting to feel more sorry for you and the 5 or so informed people that have to answer time and time again.

If someone asks -how do you fire a ki ball, how do you levitate things, my friend can do this and that- is it ki, what is store near me that I can buy a lightsaber at????? they need to be told the truth so they stop wasting their time. If they understand that the real deal is nowhere near the cartoons that they are hooked on they will either stay or go somewhere where they can dive into their fantasy world.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: cutting through the crap - 07/03/04 10:25 AM

In the mean time, those posts fill up like spam in my oldest mail folder.