Anti-ki

Posted by: Anonymous

Anti-ki - 05/12/04 02:09 PM

Ok, so many threads are locked when people ask about ki, I want to ask people what they think disproves the existence of ki.
What do you think disproves the existence of ki? Wow, I asked it!! I'm proud.
No really...
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Anti-ki - 05/12/04 02:29 PM

The threads don't get closed because people ask about chi/ki. They get closed because people ask the same question over and over again. Questions that are either total nonsense or have already been answered. I think Scott said very clearly that any questions about throwing, the color or ki blasts will be closed. I could be wrong.

I personally don't think anyone has proven chi/ki doesn't exist. I see more of people misunderstanding what chi/ki is and what it's for. Everyone seems to think the tv and movie version of what chi/ki is and is unwilling to try and understand the truth about it. This is the main problem with some of the posts here and why they get closed, to many teens watching cartoons and movies thinking people can actually perform a chi blast. If it would have only been one thread i don't think it would have been a problem, but you can more than likely find about 5 diferent threads on the same subject that have all been closed.
Posted by: WADO

Re: Anti-ki - 05/12/04 03:30 PM

I don't think the people on the forum disagree that Chi exists as Chinese and Japanese philosophy teach. Most people object to those that post with little understanding and believe many of the outrageous claims they read from sources that have ben largely discredited. Chi exists and it is extraordinry, but telekenisis, mind reading, or projecting ki out of the physical body as some type of weapon were never traditional Chi concepts.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Anti-ki - 05/12/04 04:04 PM

Threads will not be closed due to asking about ki/chi/qi. Threads will be closed when they do not follow the goals of this forum and website in general.
This forum is to be used to discuss the Internal Martial Arts, Qigong, Reiki, yoga and other VALID topics. Topics that are not open for discussion include but are not limited to the following...

Chi blasts
Jing Blasts
Cryokenesis
Pyrokenesis
(Insert you favorite)kenesis
Dragonball-z
Kamehameha wave blasts
other very silly things

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Son Gokai
Ok, so many threads are locked when people ask about ki, I want to ask people what they think disproves the existence of ki.
What do you think disproves the existence of ki? Wow, I asked it!! I'm proud.[/QUOTE]

It is impossible to prove a negative so your question does not have merit. It is up to those who make spectacular claims to back them up with evidence (and a website that was written by a 14 year old kid who loves DBZ doesn't count as evidence).
If these things are indeed possible then why is DBZ still just a cartoon and not a reality show?

BTW I am a firm believer in the concept of qi, but my beliefs differ from yours and the others who post silly things on this forum because I actually train in an internal chinese martial art.
I have felt and seen things that have seemed magical, however they all can be explained by TLOP(the laws of physics).

Hope this helps

Kempoman
Darth Moderator - Energy Arts
FightingArts.com

P.S.
The sig line stuff is not turned on for the forum so I have to type it each time and for your benefit I will make sure it is correct from now on.

[This message has been edited by Kempoman (edited 05-12-2004).]

Re: Anti-ki - 05/13/04 05:11 AM

cheers. I really apreciate it.

But I'm not silly.
I'M INSANE!!!

Re: Anti-ki - 05/13/04 05:21 AM

Yeah, please refer to my topic, 'what the hell is your problem' for more on this whole, self-righteous view against this.

Re: Anti-ki - 05/14/04 07:39 AM

Ice monkey's thread is a slating thread. LEAVE IT ALONE.