Reply to Fisherman

Posted by: Anonymous

Reply to Fisherman - 05/10/04 05:49 PM

Trust me I live nowhere near an instructor seeing as I live in a town of 20 thou and the closest big city is about 230 miles away. I do however go to Vegas periodically to see someone but I would never be able to do any classes there except over summer break (two months) and all my other visits are for a day or so.
I am 15. I have practiced ki for about three weeks or so. If you have some info on that I would appreciate it. I am working on a ki blast.

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/14/04 01:41 PM

Stop working. They don't work.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/14/04 04:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Son Gokai:
Stop working. They don't work.[/QUOTE]

Correct, chi-blasts don't work. However, qiong and other energy work is very beneficial for prevention of disease and energetic healing systems (like Reiki) are very beneficial in treating minor illnesses and injuries.

Most of the focus of qigong or energy work is in prevention and making the body more efficient at what it is supposed to do.

I am going to post a qigong exersize on Monday that I would like everyone to do for a week and then report results back to me. I will supply the format for the results as well. Then we will begin an analysis of the data.

What say ye?

Scott
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/14/04 05:51 PM

I think i know where this one is going. I'm curious to see the responses. I can tell you Scott my sleep pattern did pretty much go out the window. Kind of aggravated the wife too. I was going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day, it just wasn't when she wanted me to. Worked out fine for work though.

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/15/04 05:40 AM

The kamehameha is a suicidal attack, it's very powerful since it's pisses off whoever you (think you) fight, so you get flattened. That's all you can do.

Scott - I'll keep looking for your post.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/15/04 04:35 PM

sounds good to me Scott.

We do a number of qi gong sets in our dojo primarily for energising the body, done in the cycle of creation. I dont know a lot about qi gong but it does seem to ramp up the energy in my body - so does reiki btw.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/16/04 06:38 PM

newbe101-
My biggest advice to you would be to keep your interest in the internal arts, hovever, I think that you need to do a little research on the realities of energy arts.
Ki blasts are BS.
3 weeks is not even a drop in the bucket to what some of the people on this forum have put in.
What counts here is that you have an interest in the arts. You might want to do a search on the internet for Tai Chi, Bagua, and Xingyi. These are the three 'big' internal martial arts.
Another thing that you will need to have is a ton of patience. The internal martial arts require a great deal of practice and refinement in the mind and body. (putting it very lightly)
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 05/16/04 09:40 PM

A good site to check out is Mike Patterson's site.
www.hsing-i.com

He has a lot of info there and a few good video clips also.

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 01/05/05 09:51 AM

hi im chris 15 from uk i do ki, no one i know belives in it , but now i know some one who does ,good to know people my age belive and do ki, though trying to do ki in a very urban city area is very hard bye
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Reply to Fisherman - 01/05/05 12:35 PM

Our chi kung (HK Yeung *Yang* family) is layered with whatever layer we are working on in our form and applications, in the many layers of the form I've learned as many slightly different (and some very different) ways to perform the 'exercises' to accentuate whatever we are doing, so I see them as a working tool to be adjusted as we progress.

The 'medicine chi' I learned in reiki is the same energy but channeled differently.