How to USE ki/chi.

Posted by: Energy Master

How to USE ki/chi. - 03/25/04 05:51 PM

Ok, does anybody here realy think that ki is about visualizing? Or do you think that it just relies on you being able to FEEL it out.
Comments? Opinions?
Posted by: roko

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/25/04 10:30 PM

Well, my opinion would be that is easier to have an mental image!! Cause if u can visuliz wut u cant see but is there is easier to move it to parts of ur body and do stuff with it!! But if it all comes down to it i dont reckon u have to have a mental image!!

JR
Posted by: Bossman

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/26/04 03:13 AM

The classics say that where your Yi (intention) goes, your chi (energy) follows.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/26/04 07:35 AM

I'll go with bossman on this one, play around with intention and eventually and gradually the feel will be there.
If you visualize actively you can fool yourself, better imho to just let it happen and observe, even if it's not that heckofalot to it..

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/26/04 04:35 PM

For ME whatis now WORKING is ENVISIONING a living flame IN THE MIRROR down in your lower abdomen! 1st you have to LOOK INTO YOUR OWN EYES in the mirror. But PERIPHERALLY you're looking down at your HARA but ONLY peripherally. Now muster up the mind/body coordination that makes the hand, foot etc. obey the mind. Thus, "COMMAND" the living flame which you're visualizing to rise and "take over" the rest of your being while you chant the improvised mantra "You do NOT wish to be an alcoholic" or "You do NOT wish to be a tobaccoholic" or WHATEVER your prob is. IT WORKS!
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/27/04 07:03 AM

It's all about the Yi and the relaxed integrated motion of the body.

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/27/04 12:31 PM

MAN!!! What a bunch of worthless information! But hey, Everyone is free to their opinions. Thancks for all the responses.

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/27/04 12:33 PM

*Thanks*
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/28/04 08:48 AM

E-master,
The best way to find out about what you are asking is to seek a qualified instructor. Seeing as how a majority of the taiji schools out there these days lean more towards heath and esoterics I would recommend a Baugua or Xingyi class. In a short ammount of time your question would probably be answered.
I wouldn't recommend trying to learn so called chi projection from a book, I truly believe that this is something that must be experienced first hand to even grasp a low level comprehension.
Good Luck
Chris

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/28/04 11:35 AM

Energy Master, you really expected an internet thread to give you the answers to the universe?

Do you expect us to come round to your house and explain and show it all to you?

Let me use the analogy of a banana. If you've never eaten a banana and ask me what it tastes like - how can I describe it? All I can do is to show you where to get one from so that you can taste it for yourself, then you will know.

If you haven't been trained properly and thoroughly by a good instructor and experienced chi/ki within technique we can't describe or explain it to you.

All we can do is to advise you in finding a proper instructor - everything else doesn't count. Myself, Nenippal and Fisherman tried to help and you were quite rude...

Not an auspicious start....
Posted by: Reiki

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/28/04 03:20 PM

I would also second what Steve [Bossman] has already told you.

It's up to you to do the research on the topic and not for us to spoon feed you with answers. If you dont do any work for the results then how will you value them?

If you are serious about learning about ki and ways of using it then you have to find some form of instructor to teach you.

I personally would never take on a reiki pupil that was not prepared to put a lot of effort into learning for themselves! You cannot learn these techniques from books, you have to go to a master to learn.

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/29/04 04:47 AM

To "Reiki"

Hey, Guy! Do you know exactly WHERE in Sanskrit and Pali Literature Ki is called the "Inner Fire"? I've scanned the Tummo sites and have gotten nowhere. I'm interested because my ability to control my envisioned Ki via a mirror (teachings of Aiki teachers Tohei and Nakamura) has brought my blood pressure from 203/103 to 129/69; has ERADICATED my diabetic status and CURED my overweight. This is NOTHING a 59 year old Gentleman can ignore. The ONLY probs I have left are PHILOSOPHICAL ones (and financial)!
Posted by: dazzler2

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/29/04 09:20 AM

Energy master...

How to make friends and influence people...NOT!

I feel my powers of visualisation greatly improved by thoughts of the Bossman coming around your house and trying again to enhance your understanding with a banana!

D

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/29/04 03:19 PM

Firstly please don't call me "Guy". I'm not a bloke.

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/mad.gif[/IMG]

There is a lot of information on the net about using ki for healing - ie reiki, and also research qi gong and some of the other energy methods. Do a search. The use of ki in our lives can bring some wonderful results if you are prepared to work for it.

I dont know where in the sanskrit texts you can find the info you seek however if u search long enough it will probably surface. I have no expertise in sanskrit other than reading the BHAGAVAD GITA.

If you want to learn reiki u can join one of the online communities that give free attunements. I'd suggest Reiki_On at yahoogroups as being the best, but there are others.
www.angelreiki.nu is an excellent site for learning about reiki techniques.

Books:
Reiki Fire by Frank Arjava Petters is one of the best.
the Usui handbook [Amazon] is great for reference.
Essential Reiki by Diane Stein is rather controversial and many masters do not approve of it, however there are some interesting bits of info in it.
Posted by: MonyBG

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/30/04 05:58 PM

I think ki exists, but its not like DBZ, maybe it is maybe not. But i want to learn it and if anyone can help me with KI BALLS e-mail me at Mony1234ishere@yahoo.com. />

Thanks

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 03/31/04 07:13 PM

Ok, I see that i need to make a few things more clear. First of all, if you went back and carefuly looked over my question, you would realize I am NOT in any way asking for advise ( Understand I am not saying I don't appreciate your replies). In other words, Bossman, I have no need for your banana demonstration. It was a good demonstrasion just the wrong time to use it. Also, I was not meaning to sound rude, just loud. As for Reiki, I don't need or have any desire for you to spoon feed me. And you said,"If you don't do any work for the results then how will you value them?" Ok, I have 2 things to say to this, 1. I have no idea what that means ( however don't bother to explain). 2. Who says I wanted results ? All I wanted was to know what some people thought about ki, whether it was more about feeling it out, or visualizing it out. See?
Posted by: schanne

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 04/01/04 08:42 AM

MMmmm...think Ki and Chi are over emphisized. Study more "Zen" pricipals and it will come natual to you.

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 04/01/04 11:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Energy Master:
2. Who says I wanted results ? [/QUOTE]

Okay EM we get the message, you don't want results.... and my guess is... with an attitude like that, you ain't gonna get them.

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 04/01/04 03:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Energy Master:
MAN!!! What a bunch of worthless information! But hey, Everyone is free to their opinions. Thancks for all the responses.[/QUOTE]

I was merely responding to your post above.. it came across as rather sarcastic.

Ki is all about feeling and direction of energy and as Bossman has already said, where yi goes, ki flows.

Re: How to USE ki/chi. - 04/01/04 03:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bossman:
Okay EM we get the message, you don't want results.... and my guess is... with an attitude like that, you ain't gonna get them.[/QUOTE] Good, well I am glad you finaly see things my way. Oh, And P.S. Real funny with the "Key Ball" Thing on Kempoman's "How to make Ki ball" Post. ( The good funny not the bad kind).