ki power

Posted by: roko

ki power - 03/16/04 07:46 PM

ive been searching for some good ways to increase my ki!!

If u have any ideas tell me!!
Posted by: Bossman

Re: ki power - 03/17/04 03:05 AM

You could try studying the martial arts, they say it's good for that kind of thing....
Posted by: JohnL

Re: ki power - 03/17/04 06:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bossman:
You could try studying the martial arts, they say it's good for that kind of thing....

[/QUOTE]

Nah!!

JohnL
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: ki power - 03/17/04 08:19 AM

The best way I have found after 20years of study into the subject is...eating pixie sticks.

Scott
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: ki power - 03/19/04 10:16 AM

The BEST way is to look into one's OWN eyes in a MIRROR. But your PERIPHERAL vision must be attuned to the area 2" below your naval and 3" inwardly, the seat of human energy: the HARA. THEN, as you ENVISION your inner fire (Ki) you pronounce your improvised mantra: "I do NOT wish to be asthenic" or "I do NOT wish to be weak" or "I do NOT wish to be obese" etc. I use this methodology of Tempu Nakamura Sensei along with dojo training and weight/strength training (at home) and IT WORKS! P.S. In your case you'd ask for Ki enhansement.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: ki power - 03/19/04 10:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gobzhad:
The BEST way is to look into one's OWN eyes in a MIRROR. But your PERIPHERAL vision must be attuned to the area 2" below your naval and 3" inwardly, the seat of human energy: the HARA. THEN, as you ENVISION your inner fire (Ki) you pronounce your improvised mantra: "I do NOT wish to be asthenic" or "I do NOT wish to be weak" or "I do NOT wish to be obese" etc. I use this methodology of Tempu Nakamura Sensei along with dojo training and weight/strength training (at home) and IT WORKS! P.S. In your case you'd ask for Ki enhansement.[/QUOTE]

[Extreme Sarcasm] Yeah...That aught to work.[/Extreme Sarcasm]
Posted by: Reiki

Re: ki power - 03/25/04 05:05 PM

studying MA would be helpful@! />
After many years you will be able to focus..
Posted by: Energy Master

Re: ki power - 03/25/04 05:36 PM

Just work on your phisical strength. You energy should come with that. That's all ki is.... energy. The art of ki from what I've seen is just simply being able to control and use your energy correctly.
Posted by: goodlittleboy

Re: ki power - 05/02/04 09:32 PM

What is Ki?

Ki is, ideally, the mental and spiritual power summoned through concentration and breathing that

can be applied to accomplish physical feats. This centralized energy, possessed by every person,

can be manifested through the practice of just about any martial discipline.

~Web dictionary~

Ki is, one of the leading factors in any martial art sport. Ki may not exactly be a physical energy,

but it is definitely a mental one. Many people believe that your Ki originates in your Tan Tien. The

Tan Tien is located two and a half inches below the navel, and three inches inward. This is also

where your center of balance is. The name, Tan Tien, comes from the idea of center, and

represents our soul. Many people would argue that this would be your heart, but really, it is your

Tan Tien. You may not believe there is a power running through you, and i'm not fully convinced,

but I am pretty sure there is. If nothing else, it can be considered a mind over matter thing. An

example would be the bumble bee. The bumble bee is physically incapable to fly. Why does it fly

then? Because it wants to, and it thinks it can. So, if you think there is a power running through

you, and you believe that you can tap into it, you probably can do things that you normally

wouldn’t think possible. Another example is static electricity. We all, have electricity running

through our bodies. The electricity sends impulses to your brain, and your brain sends impulses

back to the rest of your body, telling it what to do. One way to tap into your Ki is to meditate.

There are many methods to meditate, but the one I found looks like the best way. Sit on the floor

and cross your legs. Now put your right foot above your left knee. Make sure your back is straight.

It is best to put on light calming music, and to burn incense. Try to empty your mind of any

thought. Take deep breaths. And also exhale deeply. Now once you enter the state of meditation,

you will feel real relaxed. This is how most people meditate. I have never been able to be fully

relaxed, but I know that it does work. Now this is where ki gets interesting. Supposedly, once you

can meditate, you can turn your Ki into balls, or heal people with it. You can supposedly shield

your body from attacks. But no one can seem to prove that it exists. I have a feeling it is

something, but I don’t think you can do this stuff. You see, people get confused with the whole

Dragonball Z thing. In this show, these half human, half monkey people make energy balls in their

hands. They then throw them at the bad guy. Boom. The bad guy is dead. What people just don’t

understand is the fact that dragonball Z is a tv show. Even worse yet, a cartoon. There is nothing

realistic about half monkeys, half humans, so why should people believe that you can do this

stuff? You can’t. That’s the bottom line.

Now, I'm not disagreeing that meditation is good for you, or that there is ki in your body. There is

proof in that, but I will not promote this ki blast stuff. The Randi foundation has a million dollar

prize to anyone who can produce a ki ball. So far, there have been no challengers. So what I'm

trying to say is this.

There is something called ki. You can tap into it for a sudden burst of energy. No, you cannot kill

someone with a ball of ki, because it is physically impossible to produce a ki ball. There are many

websites out there that have clips of people producing these balls. Here are a few websites where

people think they can do this stuff.
www.theteachingsofki.tripod.com http://www.geocities.com/halos_hideout http://www.geocities.com/earthmonki

There are many martial art sects that are completely based on the manipulation of ki. Some

people’s lives surround the secrets of ki. But one thing that they will never be able to do is

produce a ki ball.

If you believe that you can produce a chi ball, think again. It’s your imagination. One thing I just

thought of ki is that it could be adrenaline. Think about it. When you are in a tournament, and you

get a sudden burst of energy, wouldn’t you call it adrenaline? Well I come to the end of my report.

So, ki is real, in a sense, but cannot be turned into anything but adrenaline or strenght.

[This message has been edited by goodlittleboy (edited 05-02-2004).]
Posted by: nenipp

Re: ki power - 05/03/04 12:26 PM

gobzhad, the kind of exercise you're suggesting is well known in the western world by names such as mental training, autogenic training, autosuggestion, self hypnosis etc

although most sources I've come across do not promote the use of the world "NOT", instead the "mantras" are turned around to positive sentences (eg, instead of "I do NOT wish to be weak" or "I do NOT wish to be obese" you might want to try "I am strong" or "I am lean")

just my two cents