Reiki?

Posted by: Shi Miao Zun

Reiki? - 02/05/04 08:52 AM

Can anyone give me a breif rundown on what reiki is? Whats the reiki attunement, do you learn it or is it more like chi gung, (mainly practice). Ive heard of all sorts of things using christals and colours and all sorts of different things, and where did it come from. I practice chi gung and am interested in getting into reiki but want to get a better idea of what it is before I do.

Thanks in advance,

Miao Zun
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Reiki? - 02/05/04 06:07 PM

http://www.reiki.org/
http://www.iarp.org/
http://www.threshold.ca/reiki/
http://www.reikiuk.net/

There are several websites all devoted to reiki, reiki organizations and everything in the cult of reiki

Re: Reiki? - 02/05/04 09:38 PM

Thanks!
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Reiki? - 02/06/04 07:24 PM

thnx Neko13 for giving him the urls!
I've been busy these past few days and didnt get on the net & only just saw it.

you should also go to www.angelreiki.nu and click the link for reiki plain and simple. Its a good site with a lot of info in it that you can follow more easily than some of the others.

In a nutshell: Reiki is the channeling of energy through the practioner to whatever needs to be treated in the patient. It is normally done via the 7 chakras on the body and is very useful for treating injuries.

Level 1 practioners heal on a physical level, L2 - emotional healing, L3 - spiritual

You can treat humans, animals, whatever. Reiki energy feels like warm sunshine. You will usually feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to know about reiki, I can help you with most of them as I am a Master teacher and can create new reiki practioners.

The attunement is where the Master basically connects you to source and prepares you to start channeling reiki. Each attunement will raise your personal frequency so that you can do this. You can only start channeling Reiki energy once you have been attuned.

The use of crystals and colours is more a new age thing and not strictly reiki although some crystals can help enhance treatments.

Please note that what Neko said about "cult" is not true, Reiki is not a cult. It is a way of healing. You do not have to believe in it for it to work!

good luck

Re: Reiki? - 02/06/04 07:46 PM

Reiki, I may not believe in reiki, chi, Santa Clause, tooth fairy, or the easter bunny-but I did not mean to imply all reiki practicioners are in a cult(though there are cults) or that it is a cult recruiting front.
It was an innocently typed phrase-not a hidden warning.
I believe Shi Miao Zun is a big boy/girl and will make his/her own decision on who,what organization/individual will meet his/her needs.

Re: Reiki? - 02/06/04 08:37 PM

Sorry, but according to the dictionary reiki is in fact a cult.
Definition 4 and 6 would make it a cult.
cult
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: klt KEY
NOUN: 1a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
5a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
ETYMOLOGY: Latin cultus, worship, from past participle of colere, to cultivate. See kwel-1 in Appendix I.
OTHER FORMS: cultic, cultish —ADJECTIVE
cultism —NOUN
cultist —NOUN

Re: Reiki? - 02/07/04 04:49 AM

Hi Reiki,

So what would an attunement, L1, involve, do i need to go somewhere or learn something I read the L1+2 manual/books at angelreiki.com, and it seems very interesting. I have had some experience with healing in China and Japan and have wanted to get into reiki for a while. However it seems to be quite costly and it seems no one really will tell me what an attunement is, Im talking about the physicality of it not the energy side of things. Can you attune me from where you are or does one have to be present? Does it take long?
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Reiki? - 02/08/04 02:27 PM

I suggest u join up with Reiki_on at yahoo groups. They do free attunements for level 1 & 2 and are a good support bunch.

Attunements can be done in person or remotely. Reiki_on does theirs remotely.

You will need to read thru the manuals in the files section and answer the question sheet and arrange a time for your attunements with the moderators.
Posted by: judderman

Re: Reiki? - 02/08/04 06:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nekogami13:
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
[/QUOTE]

By definition would all martial artists be members of a cult?

I believe the term "exclusive" refers to the notion that ONLY those with a given right, either earthly or devinely can be members.

I beleive the idea of reiki is that anyone can do it.

Just like the MA.

Budo.

Re: Reiki? - 02/09/04 03:39 AM

Thanks Reiki.