animals

Posted by: c_maj7th

animals - 10/29/03 02:31 PM

Has chi ever been demonstrated on wild or domesticated animals?
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: animals - 10/30/03 07:53 AM

Not sure what you are gettin' at. Demonstrated on or by? Can you throw out some more info?
When practicing IMA's in the park, quite often I will get weird reactions from dogs. Not sure if this is due to the energy work or from body movement.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: animals - 10/30/03 02:25 PM

I'm not sure what you mean here either.

Most animals sense when I am channeling reiki. They either come closer or move away depending on whether they need any or not.

Cats are perfect Reiki magnets. If I am treating anyone outside, the cat always materialises and sits so she can receive reiki. They can be real pests when doing attunements too! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

As a matter of interest I have attuned all my horses to Reiki, they are all Reiki 2's now. After attunement they have been much easier to work with [much calmer overall in temperament] and I think they have definitely benefitted from using it on themselves.

It appears to really strenghten the bond we have between us and I believe it has helped a lot in their acceptance of training. They are a lot more willing to work!

Does that answer your question about ki and animals?
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: animals - 10/30/03 02:28 PM

What exactly is Reiki by the way?

Kind regards,

Raul

Re: animals - 10/31/03 07:09 AM

Is Reiki any relation to accupressure therapy?
Posted by: Reiki

Re: animals - 11/01/03 06:59 PM

Reiki is universal life force energy and a Reiki practioner is attuned to the frequency of that energy and can direct it to help the healing of others.

It can help with many things, I know from personal experience it has benefitted my life and my family in many ways apart from the healing aspect. I have noticed my injury time is shorter, my wounds heal very fast if I am cut. I have treated injuries and illness ranging from kidney stones to strains and sprains & bruises.

Reiki energy can feel like warm sunshine in areas that need it most, we treat mainly through the 7 chakras - crown, 3rd eye, throat, heart, solar plexus, navel & base, but can also treat elsewhere on the body.

It can be either hands on or within the aura of the body and you will still feel the energy. Often I can feel the ki circulating throughout the meridiens as I am working hands on with someone, and when doing a chakra balance I can feel it working through my own body!

Because the reiki energy can work independant of time and space, a lot of effective reiki treatment is done via distance methods. I dont intend to get into a discussion of these methods here because of the time involvement. Sufficient to say that this method of treatment is very effective and if you want further info then do some research on your own bat.

It is and isn't related to accupuncture and accupressure methods.

The relationship is basically that of using the meridiens in the body to treat the whole body and the use of the circulation of the ki within the body.

The major points in accupunture, and some of the main pressure points on the governer and conception vessel relate to the chakras we use for treatment when treating with reiki.

I could go into it in great depth but time is not permitting! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: animals - 11/03/03 08:58 AM

Thats a good enough description for me. Thanks for taking the time to clarify a bit. I can see the general relationship of energy work within the body, whether it be Reiki, Taiji, ....
I see where you are comming from with the benefits. I felt some benefits from Kung Fu practice, but nothing like I have experienced with the internal arts especially Baugua Zhang.
Thanks again for the info.
Chris