Attention Fisherman

Posted by: Kempoman

Attention Fisherman - 08/01/03 11:11 AM

I noticed that you study Gao Style Bagua and Hebei Xingyi. Who is the Bagua andXingyi from? Did you study with Vince or one of his students?

Thanks for the info

Re: Attention Fisherman - 08/07/03 10:28 AM

Just bumping to get his attention
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Attention Fisherman - 08/07/03 03:45 PM

Who is Vince?
The Bagua and Xing I are from Luo De Xiu via Marcus Brinkman. Marcus left town a while back so I have been training privately with his two top students who have been very generous by spending their time teaching me.

Re: Attention Fisherman - 08/08/03 09:28 AM

Wow! Great teachers. Very Close lineage. Ihave not yet had the pleasure of studying with Luo De Xiu but I hear fantastic things.

Vince is Vince Black disciple of Li Zi Ming, and Hung I Hsiang/Hsu Hong Chi(Hebei Xingyi). He teaches both Gao and Liang Style Bagua and Hebei Xingyi.

Welcome to the boards. Have you been to empty flower?
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Attention Fisherman - 08/08/03 11:07 AM

Yup, I really dig their site. Tim Cartmel has a good one too. Always some cool info on IMA's
Wish I got to spend more time with Luo, but I'm in Boulder CO and he lives in Taiwan [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]
Just fininshed a seminar with him last weekend which was AWESOME!!! We did An Shen Pao, (2 man Xing I fighting set); the same day we had a pretty intensive class on Chi Gung which involved a tremendous ammount of theory, I'm still digesting my notes! The other days were the Elbow Line form Hou Tian Zhang and Ou Lung Bai Wei.
What a great experience to be tossed about by Luo.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Attention Fisherman - 08/09/03 03:49 PM

Hey guys how about sharing the URL for these sites?! I'd love to have a look at what others are doing in internal arts.

I'm a bit out on a limb here in NZ, although we have many reiki practioners here, there aren't many people doing internal styles and I'd like to learn more about them. We do a little gi gong in training but I'd like to do more myself. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

I'm in touch with many Reiki practioners around the world, some are Masters level like myself and others are only just starting but we like to share our ideas and techniques, so its realy good to find a few fellow MA here that are interested in developing their internal arts.

Re: Attention Fisherman - 08/11/03 01:28 PM

Howdy Reiki,

www.emptyflower.com also check out the forum.

www.shenwu.com also a good forum there as well.

Enjoy.