How do you guys push your ki

Posted by: janken

How do you guys push your ki - 08/01/03 12:00 AM

I've wondering if any of you guys know the fastest way to push ki. Or you can at least give me some ideas.Iknow everyone knows how to do it. So I ought to have a lot of replys.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/01/03 08:16 AM

According to the FCP club, chi may move at the speed of light.

Why do you need to push it any faster.
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

JohnL

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/01/03 06:34 PM

Well how do you push your ki.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/02/03 12:13 AM

With reiki, you don't "push" the energy, u just allow it to flow through you like water. It goes where it is needed.

With qi gong, you can do small circle and grand circle work where you allow it to flow through you via the meridiens. This sort of work should be done only with someone who can instruct you on the proper methods, and building up to doing it can take a lot of time and many repetitions of the exercises.

I do not believe that the flow of the energy is ever "pushed", it is more "allowed" to happen.

I also suggest you seek out someone who is a qi gong practioner /teacher or look at tai chi. If you are interested in learning about reiki as a healing method I am happy to point you in the right direction.

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/03/03 02:28 AM

Does anyone else have anything else to say.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/07/03 03:50 PM

Ki or chi is moved with the mind. You must bring the mind inside the body in order to move it. It is a rough concept, I'm still trying to grasp it, but getting closer.
You have to be relaxed otherwise the chi will become lodged in the joints or tense muscles will restrict your energy path.
Hope this helps.

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/07/03 03:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fisherman:
Hi Fisherman

A couple of notes on your post:

"Ki or chi is moved with the mind."

If it's moved with the mind, why do people undertake physical execises and movements to develop it.

" You must bring the mind inside the body in order to move it."

This would require major surgery under anaesthetic, and would leave you dead. How can this be considered good practice.

"It is a rough concept, I'm still trying to grasp it, but getting closer."

I look forward to your recovery from the labotomy.

"You have to be relaxed otherwise the chi will become lodged in the joints or tense muscles will restrict your energy path."

How can something that is moved with your mind and has no physical properties be stopped by a simple piece of matter.

"Hope this helps."

Not a lot, but welcome to the FCP club. Membership is growing [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
Posted by: Reiki

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/07/03 05:42 PM

dearie me John,
leave the poor kid alone to find out about qi gong and other methods of moving ki for himself. Please don't frighten him off. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

I know that you [John] have a healthy disrespect for energy work however don't discourage others from looking into it.

If it works for you, good.
If it doesn't, well that's ok too. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Janken:
Go find someone to teach you qi gong or tai chi, but be prepared to spend time learning
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 08/08/03 07:07 AM

JohnL,
"If it's moved with the mind, why do people undertake physical execises and movements to develop it."
Because you use your mind to engage your body movement. It is an exercise for bringing the mind inside the body to feel the bodys' movement.

"This would require major surgery under anaesthetic, and would leave you dead. How can this be considered good practice."
Your head/mind are part of your body; I did not say torso. It also requires the mind to be open.

Why do you waste your time even reading the threads on the energy arts if you don't believe in them? What is the point? Do you think it makes you a better person ripping on someone elses martial arts?
To quote Reiki "If it works for you, good.
If it doesn't, well that's ok too."
If the treads disturb you that much don't read them.
Even though my primary focus is internal MA's, I don't go trolling around on the other parts of this site ripping the people like you who focus on external martial arts. BIYOA
What is your deal man?!

Janken; I would recommend the same think as Reiki; find a qualified teacher of Chi Gong, Tai Chi, Hsing I, or Ba Gua Zhang.
Good luck and be patient, IMA's take a long time to get good at.
Posted by: helix

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 11/24/03 01:13 PM

i have been practicing ki for 2 years im only 13 but ive learned that you can focus or "summon" ki just by vizualizing it.You can move it into a ball but releasing it is very hard please post a reply if you guys know anthing that i can do to learn ki more

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 11/24/03 03:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by helix:
i have been practicing ki for 2 years im only 13 but ive learned that you can focus or "summon" ki just by vizualizing it.You can move it into a ball but releasing it is very hard please post a reply if you guys know anthing that i can do to learn ki more[/QUOTE]

Your membership card for the FCP club is in the post [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
Posted by: dazzler

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 11/25/03 02:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Your membership card for the FCP club is in the post [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
[/QUOTE]

Stoppit now!! I'm supposed to be working not smirking..

D
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 11/25/03 12:36 PM

I have been practicing internal MA's (xingyiquan) for about eight years and external systems for about 22 years before that.
Let me say this to all the newbies and people asking questions about 'pushing ki' 'exploding ki' and the like...quit believing what you see on Dragonball-Z and Saturday-morning-kung-fu theater.

Energy work (qigong) is not about fighting it is about health. It is about making the bodies internal organs and processes more efficient and capable of doing their job. I have met many so-called 'masters' of empty force, chi-fighting and the like and none has ever effected me in any way.
I have not been moved, stunned or KO'd by those who claim the power to do so with their chi.

However, I have met internal martial arts masters (taijiquan, xingyiquan, baguazhang) who have propelled me across the room with an almost imperceptable movement
in thier bodies. This is called fajing and is what is typically confused with and mistaken for chi. The concept of fajing is very simple to explain and very difficult to do.

Go get some real internal training and be prepared to re-learn how to move, walk and breathe to do so.

...oh and JohnL the chi craze will go the way of the ninja soon I think [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Scott

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 02/08/04 08:40 PM

Helix what dojo do you practice under.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 02/20/04 08:19 PM

I prefer to push my ki on a street corner, preferably a not very well lit one. As people approach, say"Yo man, I got the ki.Top grade, guaranteed to be what you need."

It is helpful if you divide it up into small baggies, easier to distribute it.

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 03/02/04 03:32 PM

SHUT UP.
Posted by: Jiryu

Re: How do you guys push your ki - 04/20/04 09:04 PM

I push my ki by using my will-power. I can't say how. I figured out how to do this by researching philosophies. The one I remembered:
"Moving your hand control from one's mind, one did not require knowledge of how."