yang style long form tai chi

Posted by: judderman

yang style long form tai chi - 10/08/01 05:17 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a detailed book/web site that shows this diagramitally, rather than written movements??

thanks
Posted by: Brewer

Re: yang style long form tai chi - 12/05/01 11:54 AM

Hello Judderman,
Check out this site.
Superior Martial Arts
It's in the video section
Your Brother in the Arts
Posted by: Lo C'hi

Re: yang style long form tai chi - 10/31/02 10:31 AM

Laurence Galante has a book called "Tai Chi, The Supreme Ultimate" which has literally step by step diagrams for foot placement, weight transfer & upper body postures as well as application of Yang style Tai Chi.
Excellent moving meditation that I use as an energy gathering opening to more energetic kung fu and kempo forms.

Be well and train hard (and soft)
Al
Posted by: Ashton

Re: yang style long form tai chi - 03/03/03 12:23 PM

Yes, check out Lawrence Galante and his Center for Holistic Arts....Write him for catalog. He has quite an impressive selection of material (books, videos,etc) and I am sure that he has the Long Form as well. Also Doc Fai Wong put out the Long Form on video, too. His is pretty good, lots of angles and slow-mo. Good Luck.
Posted by: Scholar

Re: yang style long form tai chi - 03/23/03 12:03 AM

In The Tao Of Tai - Chi Chuan by Jou, Tsung Hwa there on page 48 through 60 there is Yang. I don't know if it is the "long form" but it has 105 movements It is drawing of player figure with lines showing motion and single line descriptions of each