Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by Wei-Chung Lin

Posted by: xinbagtai

Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by Wei-Chung Lin - 08/13/10 11:58 AM

This video shows some controlled sparring drills of the Pre-Heaven Power Method demonstrated by the chief instructor, Master Wei-Chung Lin, of the American YiZungYue Internal Martial Arts Association (AYZYIM). AYZYIM is a new organization to promote the Pre-Heaven Power Method to the world’s martial arts community. The Pre-Heaven Power Method, developed by Grandmaster Pan Yue, is a systematic, revolutionary, and comprehensive approach to acquiring internal power. The First International Workshop on the Pre-Heaven Power Method will be held on October 23-24 in Skokie, Illinois, U.S.A. Please check the site http://www.americanyzy.com/ for more details about the workshop and AYZYIM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW-_8rL5yEk&feature=watch_response
Posted by: jonwade

Re: Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by Wei-Chung Lin - 08/13/10 01:50 PM

Interesting. Many of the techniques were very similar to those I learnt in southern mantis, just with an "internal" edge. Personally I still favor hitting hard to break something over pushing. People come back when pushed smile
Posted by: xinbagtai

Re: Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by Wei-Chung Lin - 08/13/10 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: jonwade
Interesting. Many of the techniques were very similar to those I learnt in southern mantis, just with an "internal" edge. Personally I still favor hitting hard to break something over pushing. People come back when pushed smile

In my opinion, all the Chinese martial art styles have similar techniques because people learn from each other. The major difference is the way the movements are executed. Southern mantis is an excellent style and since it was developed relatively later than other styles, it incorporated many "goodies" from other styles.

In the video, each final fajin movement can be easily turned into a strike with short and impulsive jin. The reason why we show more long and penetrating jins here is that they are more visible and may be more entertaining.
Posted by: underdog

Re: Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by Wei-Chung Lin - 09/11/10 06:50 AM

Thanks. I for one found the clip helpful. Naturally, I was paying most attention to where I think I'm making my mistakes- for me- the legs. I'm having trouble learning this pushing. We have a similar safety set up on a wall in our dojo. We have an internal martial arts instructor that comes in and teaches us, mostly black belts from a more karate hard style. He says we are making progress but I for one feel that on these pushing exercises and push hands exercises, that I'm getting no where.