Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar

Posted by: onespace

Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar - 09/05/07 05:15 AM

Hello, I was thinking of attending the event I have listed below (this was posted on the homepage of www.taichi.co.uk). I am interested just to see what is on offer, but before I do I was wondering if anyone knows much about the three members of the Yeung Ma Lee Student Asscociation. I have read what information is stated on www.taichi.co.uk and so far it sems quite impressive. But these three individuals have learnt from Yeung Ma Lee (2nd daughter of Yeung Sau Chung). I cannot find much on the internet about Yeung Ma Lee is she the current lineage holder for Yang family (style)?

Heung Gong Yeung Gar Tai Gik Kuen
(Hong Kong Yang Family Tai Chi Fist)
Sunday 30th September 2007
Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar

Open to Sifu's, Instructors and Students.

The only three members of the Yeung Ma Lee Student Asscociation, John Conroy, Jim Uglow and Joe Balthazar will be teaching Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan as taught to them by Yeung Ma Lee (2nd Daughter of Yeung Sau Chung). This open seminar is an opportunity for anyone to receive genuine instruction in the Yeung Family style. On the day you can meet, exchange and push hands with the only three westerners who are learning the direct and full family knowledge.

Anyone who is in doubt to the skill and knowledge as passed on to Yeung Ma Lee by her father will be able to satisfy themselves.
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar - 09/05/07 06:08 AM

My Taiji instuctor Steve Rowe (Bossman on the forum) has studied directly with Yeung Ma Lee and speaks very highly of her. He is also a friend of Jim Uglow...I'll point him in the direction of this thread for you.

Re: Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar - 09/07/07 05:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. Does Steve Rowe still visit Yeung Ma Lee?
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar - 09/07/07 07:16 AM

I don't think he hasn't visited in some time.

Re: Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar - 09/07/07 08:09 AM

Oh! That is a surprise. I was under the impression he is a direct student.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Yeung (Yang) Family Tai Chi Chuan Seminar - 09/09/07 02:11 PM

I read an article by Jim Uglow where he spoke of training with her. Apparently her father adopted sons so he could pass the system on to them as they would have to handle any challenge matches (not the thing for a young lady to do), however he still taught her the full system.So, I believe, she is one of the lineage holders.

Sifu Uglow wrote that he was (physically) pretty useless for anything after training with her as she wore him out!