Dragon and tiger chi gung

Posted by: Shi Miao Zun

Dragon and tiger chi gung - 10/23/06 07:35 AM

Any one know anything about this form of chi gung? I am loooking for information that does not relate to Bruce Franzis, i have searched all over the net and found nothing historical not related to BF, if you know of any please tell me.

Kind regards,

Sam
Posted by: Tengri

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/02/07 01:39 AM

Quote:

Any one know anything about this form of chi gung? I am loooking for information that does not relate to Bruce Franzis, i have searched all over the net and found nothing historical not related to BF, if you know of any please tell me.

Kind regards,

Sam

The green dragon is the liver. The white tiger is the lung. The east and west directions respectivly. It is the yi in the center which brings them together. Kan and Li are north and south. The various aspects of mixing fire and water are relevant here.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/02/07 08:46 AM

Well that was cryptic. Feel like explaining what that has to do with the question about the qigong system he was looking for?
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/02/07 12:25 PM

Hello Shi Miao Zun:

Frantzis's book "The Power of Internal Martial Arts" particularly the gist of his conclusion re: the clear inferiority/non-sophistication of Okinawan Martial Arts, etc. was fairly obnoxious & offensive...

I hope you find your answer re: Dragon/Tiger Chi Gung. Hopefully keeping the thread active will help your search...

Good fortune,
Jeff
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/04/07 03:15 AM

Quote:

Well that was cryptic. Feel like explaining what that has to do with the question about the qigong system he was looking for?

Quote:

The green dragon is the Liver . The white tiger is the Lung . The east and west directions respectivly. It is the yi in the center which brings them together. Kan and Li are north and south. The various aspects of mixing fire and water are relevant here

I think it's a recipe for a yin / yang / bakua Chinese dish. What's missing is the soya sauce.
Posted by: HaterHater

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/07/07 11:10 PM

Quote:

I think it's a recipe for a yin / yang / bakua Chinese dish. What's missing is the soya sauce.

I know they're both endangered, but they're just so tasty !!!
Posted by: Shi Miao Zun

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/25/07 05:07 PM

I will take the above as a no then shall I. The cryptic answer is great, however I no longer live in a temple and do not need a lesson on chinese organs or their symbolism. I do know that it is a taoist form of qi gong though if that helps to jog any memories.

The question still remains as above, thanks.
Posted by: futsaowingchun

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 06/22/07 12:37 PM

If you understand Chi Gong Theory you will understand what Tengri is talking about.Understanding comes before practice.
Posted by: salaanu

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 06/30/07 04:43 PM

According to Jim Dees http://www.jimdees.com/redpalm.html, Red Palm Chi Kung is broken into 9 levels and the levels are in groups of 3. the first group is Tiger , the second group is Dragon and the third group is 'Tiger and Dragon'.
Posted by: jimmyleee

wow power leveling - http://www.levelmyth.com - 04/30/08 12:46 PM

welcome here to buy ffxi gil and lotro gold here.
also the best site for you to buy ffxi gil, lotro gold, just try our best to do anything.
anyway come here to buy ffxi gil, lotro gold. hope you will like our ffxi gil, lotro gold. come on! love your ffxi gil, lotro gold service here.

wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
world of warcraft power leveling

wow power leveling
wow powerleveling

wow power leveling
wow powerleveling

COOLINGAME founded in the Christmas of 2004, is one of the leaders of virtual service provider around the world. Different to other sites, to pursue professional, we provide power level services ONLY.
Try our new lotr online service.

Thanks for all the royal customers long-term supporting. Due to our customers' large demand on their favorable games we guarantee low prices and quality service. With our high quality customer service, standard order processing system and guaranteed account security we have won the trust from more than 30 thousands customers in the past three years. Please trust our professional power leveling team. We will do our best to solve your questions and wish you a better gaming experience.

world of warcraft and world of warcraft
Posted by: MattJ

ATTN MODS SPAMMER - 04/30/08 01:33 PM

ban please
Posted by: puffadder

Re: Dragon and tiger chi gung - 04/30/08 02:41 PM

Quote:

One of the problems in a question like this is that both dragon and tiger are enormously popular and powerful symbols in China and are used in many different contexts by many different people. My school teaches a style of dragon qigong which uses powerful coiling movements generating power and energy through the whole body. The idea is to use the dragon's fire energy to open up energy pathways (meridians) faster than may otherwise be possible. It is physically demanding as the strength flows continuously through every movement (and through every angle of attack and defence when used as a fighting art). Every movement is circular and the coiling footwork and bodywork help open up the spine and send energy through the system.
The dragon develops yang thus can heal extreme yin health conditions and helps passive people become more powerful and assertive.
If studying this system it is important to also study a complementary qigong style that emphasies yin training otherwise the body becomes too yang and will burn up too quickly causing yang health conditions. We use the snake as the yin complement. I'm afraid I don't have any information on tiger style qigong.
There are almost certainly other variations of dragon qigong that have been developed in other schools. I hope other people will have more information to add.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Paul