Chi Projection - HADOKEN!

Posted by: IExcalibui2

Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 06:01 PM

Hey I just found this clip of chi projection. It seems to be pretty legit. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on this. Personally I find it a great accomplishment but directing chi like that takes a good amount of focus and plus that initial concentration and breathing, makes it hard in my eyes to see this in application.
http://www.whitetigerkungfu.com/video_presentation2.htm
Posted by: JustGuess

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 06:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHLOLOLOL!!!111!one!!11!eleven!!11

You're kidding right? I mean, you've got to be because this has to be one of the most pathetic chi demonstrations I've ever seen. It's just a twisting piece of paper on a string and some guy moving his hand in motion with it.

Even if there is some outside force affecting it, notice how you only see one side of the paper. For all you know there's a magnetic strip on the other side and some guy under the table with a refrigerator magnet. Maybe they used some really fine wire that doesn't show up easily in the low quality video to make it move.

Use your head. This is dumb and the possible explanations are endless.
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 08:07 PM

You don't even need magnets or wires for this. If even one of the sides of that clear container was open, then the breeze from the hand's movement would be enough to explain it's movement.

However, chi doesn't work that way. Chi/Ki is a method of understanding the workings of the body and your bloodstream. Through knowing yourself, you are able to get more from your own body. It has nothing to do with using telekinesis to harm your opponent, pyschic powers to demoralize them, or fireballs to kill them.

However, if they were legit, I would suggest that they look into the Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge from the Randy Educational Foundation. If they don't want the million dollars, then the institute will donate the money to a charity of their choice. Note, this prize has existed for 42 years and there have been no claimants that have even passed preliminary testing.
Posted by: Victor Smith

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 08:17 PM

I doubt there is an open side. But as it is almost impossible to have a tight fitting on such a container on any surface, there is enough gap space a the bottom (which is not evident to see) that air currents from the hand move under the glass providing enough movement to change direction.

Just an old charlatan's trick.

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 08:24 PM

I said it seems pretty legit, didnt mean I didnt have my own doubts about it. I mean that no touch Dim mak knock out guy seemed legit too until he started to do it to people other than his own students.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 08:46 PM

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear. I can't do that, but I know a few card tricks.

Those things are about as real as chi projection.

-John
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 10:35 PM

the funny thing is, lets say he WAS able to break the laws of physics and twirl a gum wrapper under glass...what exactly is the useful application of that?

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/23/06 11:47 PM

yea what I thought too, because if he was in battle he wouldnt have those few moments to take some deep breaths and to focus where his chi would go
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/24/06 12:22 AM

And if he were in battle with small strips of paper, he could make them wave around until they got all dizzy.

Posted by: TeK9

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/24/06 12:58 AM

I would show you a demo clip of real chi use but my master obi-won kenobi says I need to work on my humility.
Posted by: Nurb

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/24/06 11:49 PM

This is a trick ripped off of an already disproven 'psychic', where one side is juuuust higher than the rest of the edges of the glass. The trickster blows just slightly and it goes under the slightly raised edge to twirl the paper.

The fraud that did this and passed it off as real was busted when a host put a highly sensitive microphone on the guy's upper chest (to catch any exhales) and suddenly he was unable to make the pen spin under a rigged aquarium.
Posted by: Kazama

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/25/06 06:17 PM

Another way to do it is with body heat. I read an article that proves the videos fake. The guy washed his hands in hot water and spun the psychic wheel thing.
Posted by: Shae

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/04/07 11:56 AM

Thr paper was twisting because of the heat of his hand near the glass heat exchange simple old kids magic trick I have a friend who can pinch your butt from accross the room and he doesn't do martial arts
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 07/06/07 08:39 AM

Sigh, will these charlatans ever stop?
Posted by: harlan

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 10:53 AM

Seems not. One I haven't seen before...all wrapped up in religion and martial arts and chi...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJr2BdUTYkU

Quote:

Posted by: jpoor

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 11:15 AM

There are some really good, well known magic stores in NYC. Take a couple hours and visit them.

The old blowing under the edge trick (I believe it was an aquarium originally) isn't at work here.
Neither does it have anything to do with body heat. The heat transfer from hand through air, plastic, air would not be quick enough, nor would you be able to "wiggle" it back and forth.

Magnets are a possibility, as are a few other methods.

If you really want to learn about this kind of thing visit www.themagiccafe.com . Be warned though that secrets aren't given out willy nilly there, so be nice.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 11:29 AM

Quote:

Seems not. One I haven't seen before...all wrapped up in religion and martial arts and chi...

Quote:

Garbage.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 02:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Garbage.

I second that. That video and ones like it do no justice to the true internal arts. What a load of crap.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 02:20 PM

Sorry,

But that's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

What's with the guys jumping up and down for 30 seconds after? That's too much.

I will say that I know breath control and meditation practice have real practical benefits. But the rest of this stuff is right out of a cartoon. Did they drink the suicide punch after this demo?
Posted by: jpoor

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 02:32 PM

Wow. At first I was just thinking "let's see him do that to someone who isn't falling for him and cooperating." THEN, the monkey dance started and, well um, ROFL. It actually reminds me of the sad occasion a ran over a cat and it started flipping and convulsing in the road. What a crock!
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 05:41 PM

Quote:

I second that. That video and ones like it do no justice to the true internal arts. What a load of crap.

And I'll thrice that. Is it any wonder people think Tai Chi and the like is a total joke when we have total f*cking idiots like spouting sh*t like this. Another person on the list of people I'd like to slap stupid....also all of the f*ckwits throwing themselves around. And anyone who believes in this sh*t. And anyone who you might think could believe in this sh*t.

Me thinks real Tai Chi needs a name change!

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 06:02 PM

*stealthily swipes Gav's regular coffee for decaf*

Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 08/08/07 08:26 PM

Deeeeeep breaths Gavin,

From the diaphram. Breeaaaathe. Try some circling for a while.

Posted by: tripson

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 12/01/07 02:15 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=77nD5xmL0kU
Posted by: tripson

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 12/01/07 02:21 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 12/01/07 11:20 PM

Quote:

The potassium permanganate + glycerin trick is accomplished by preparing two pharmacy-style gelatin capsules, one with the KMnO4 crystals, the other with glycerin (glycerol) (C3H8O3). They are taped together, then concealed within the cloth, paper, or other flammable material. When the material is crushed so as to fracture both capsules together, the mixed contents produce a powerful exothermic chemical reaction that ignites the package. The permanganate, a powerful – poisonous – oxidizing chemical in the form of dark purple crystals, can be obtained at any store selling water-purifying supplies. The glycerin – a harmless, thick, clear, syrupy liquid, is found at any pharmacy.

http://www.randi.org/jr/2006-05/052606action.html#i9

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/blog/qigong-demonstration-zhou-ting-jue/
Posted by: Vennificus

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 01/23/08 08:12 AM

Tai chi does not need a name change,
Tai chi does not have some ultimate pride or honor to defend.
If people screw around like this, and people automatically relate it to Tai Chi, that's their mistake.
those who practice tai chi will continue to do so, and learn through it.
The whispers will fade
Posted by: enix

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 03/16/08 11:06 AM

Spammer gets the Hammer.

DOUCHE BAG ALERT - 03/16/08 11:14 AM

Please zap this kid
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: DOUCHE BAG ALERT - 04/09/08 04:03 AM

Thread Hijack.
I wonder if this is how beliefe in supernatural abilities got started: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RkvI4jdciho (No offense to any christians this is all in good humour)
Posted by: ttruscott

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 04/09/08 10:53 AM

We have our own example right here on Vancouver Island, Henry Wang in Comox.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uDp6xSTyuMc

Today a piece of paper - tomorrow the armies of the world!!!! Bwwaaahhhhhhahahahahahahah....
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 04/09/08 04:35 PM

You have got to be kidding me. He cannot be serious, no way.
On a genuinely serious no Vancouver BC is a beautiful area with great people, and I envy you.

Re: Chi Projection - HADOKEN! - 04/09/08 08:17 PM

of course he's serious. as serious as laughing in line at the bank to cash the checks of the dolts going to his seminars and buying his material.

anyone that goes to a seminar or class which has that kind of crap, deserves what they get: a head full of delusions, and empty pockets.