Any ideas...

Posted by: zanshi

Any ideas... - 07/23/06 04:06 PM

Um...have any of you had any experience or any training with Ki Chuan Do? ( Attackproof ) I read the book "attackproof" and they actually had some very interesting concepts, but then I went online and found a bunch of video clips ( training clips ) and well...they seem to have invented the art of the b#### slap. Anyone have an explanation for their so called "training drills."
Posted by: Gavin

Re: Any ideas... - 07/24/06 07:20 AM

See this thread over in the Self Defence forum.
Posted by: zanshi

Re: Any ideas... - 07/25/06 08:03 PM

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not the only one who didn't see anything resembling fighting. I still think that his book had some good principles/ideas, he just lacks the ability to apply them/ use them in a real fight. I thought it was kind of ironic that his book website stressed not learning techniques, yet all of the "testimonials" in his bood talked about some very specific applications/ ways in which the person used the principles in their real life encounters.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Any ideas... - 07/28/06 04:52 PM

Gotta love the Elevator training! I sort of get the "all out" aggressive mental dynamic they are trying to set folks with. But the mechanics of what they are doing in practice is garbage. I've seen better mechanics in some point-fighters.