How do you train your internal energy?

Posted by: shinn

How do you train your internal energy? - 12/19/05 07:02 AM

hi im fairly new at this and i was wondering how i could train my internal strength for striking.thanks in advance
Posted by: JoelM

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 12/19/05 10:57 AM

I got it, Lane!!
Quote:

First and only step is to find legit instruction. Direct transmission is the only way. Not all IMA instructors advertise in the yellow pages of on the net. You may have to ask around, focus on tai chi, bagua or hsing-i. If you tell us where you are someone here may be able to point you in the direction of a qualified instructor.

Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 12/20/05 09:11 AM

Why would you be asking people in this Forum who are mostly Americans and Europeans living thousands of miles away when you can just go to the Geylang area where a lot of kung fu schools are found with many teaching the internal systems?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 12/20/05 09:25 AM

Quote:

Why would you be asking people in this Forum who are mostly Americans and Europeans living thousands of miles away when you can just go to the Geylang area where a lot of kung fu schools are found with many teaching the internal systems?

Because he wants T3h Re4L Kung Fu!
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 12/20/05 08:32 PM

Oh, I forgot, this is where the Final Fu is found; appreciate the reminder
Posted by: RyuuJitsu

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 01/23/06 11:01 PM

zhan zhuang

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 01/23/06 11:03 PM

i train ( develop ) my intrnal energy ( chi ) by doing zhan zhuang
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 01/25/06 07:55 AM

I agree, Zhan Zhuang (standing stake postures), although they look baring, are perhaps the best ways to do so.
Posted by: Lucid Warrior

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 01/25/06 02:27 PM

Zhan Zhuang
Something that has been helping me lately is going from seated training, to standing, then movement. Get the subtleties with seated practice, the maintain the subtleties as you stand up, then as you are standing, get your posture and everything in order, then move on to movements. The more complicated/difficult the movements, the more of your weakness come to light. I've been repeating this process over and over and it becomes increasingly easier to 'tap' into the more subtle changes without needing to sit down and focus first. I'm still one of the worst practitioners here, IMO, but I thought I'd jump in on this one anyway.

WARNING: This post is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Any mental, physical, or spiritual harm that may be incurred while attempting to commit any actions related or unrelated to this post are not the responsibility of Lucid Warrior (Steve) or FightingArts.com. The practitioner who partakes in these activities is solely responsible for his or her own actions. P.S. send money.

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 01/26/06 10:31 PM

lol
Posted by: sandan63

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 03/15/06 09:22 PM

Quote:

I got it, Lane!!
Quote:

First and only step is to find legit instruction. Direct transmission is the only way. Not all IMA instructors advertise in the yellow pages of on the net. You may have to ask around, focus on tai chi, bagua or hsing-i. If you tell us where you are someone here may be able to point you in the direction of a qualified instructor.

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ONE IN THE DETROIT AREA THANKS

--------->Over to you blokes in the US, hopefully one of you will be able to help him with this please. ------->
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 03/18/06 05:42 PM

I searched around a bit.
Here's what I came up with.

http://www.littlenineheaven.com/schools.html

http://www.mompub.com/whj/Contacts/contactsbltao1.htm

As with any big city there are a ton of schools that pop up when you do a google search, and all the good one usually don't advertise!

Best bet would to stop in and check out the ones that interest you most. Talk with the people that run it. If you like it, do it.
Posted by: sandan63

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 03/19/06 01:12 AM

thank u
Posted by: VineyardPK

Re: How do you train your internal energy? - 05/15/06 02:45 PM

1) Taiji (Tai Chi) is excellent for trainging internal energy.
2) That zhan zuang thing might be helpful they were talking about before.
3) Meditate and move your chi around your body with your will.
4) Pushing hands with pressure, and visualize moving your dan tien (the central point in your waist where all chi originates) in every way your hands go.
5) Start clapping with your arms up, but then start clapping where, when they're about six inches apart, put pressure and slow it down so it seems like there is a rubber ball or something trying to stop you, and imagine your dan tien and entire body being pushed inward from the sides.
6) Do the same thing with your feet, but stomp the ground (obviously one foot at a time). Six inches from the ground, keep your feet from slamming the ground and slow up but add pressure so you still are pushing hard against the ground when you make contact. Make sure there is no noise and imagine your dan tien and body's chi being pushed downward and with pressure. Relax your body then and empty your mind from this idea when you've done a few sets.
7) Put hands together straight in front of you, bring arms above your head (always keeping them straight) and breathe in, bring them around to your sides and back out in front of you in big O shapes, and let your hands touch only pinky sides together, bring your arms out and to your sides again in a "What now, punk?" sort of fashion, and bring them back straight down to your sides. Repeat a few times.

These are all (significant) ways to train internal chi.