Hi all, an introduction.

Posted by: Disease

Hi all, an introduction. - 12/17/05 12:03 PM

I am from the UK and am aged 33. I have practised various forms of Martial Arts - Tae Kwon Do, Akido and Ninjitsu to name a few.

I am very very new to Energy Arts, so new infact I have no experience of the subject at all. I am looking for advice and guidance on how to start out in energy arts. I have searched for local trainers in Qigong and have not found any, I am not even sure if this is the root I should be taking. so is there any websites I can look at or anything you can advise me on to help me take my first steps into Engery Arts.

I love reading your informative posts by the way

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Hi all, an introduction. - 12/17/05 01:09 PM

First and only step is to find legit instruction. Direct transmission is the only way. Not all IMA instructors advertise in the yellow pages of on the net. You may have to ask around, check out some of the tai chi workshops. The chances of you find someone who teaches qigong exclusively are slim. Focus on tai chi, bagua or hsing-i. If you tell us where you are someone here may be able to point you in the direction of a qualified instructor. We don't promote learning from books, websites or video here. They are only to be used as reference material not instructional material.
Posted by: Disease

Re: Hi all, an introduction. - 12/17/05 05:26 PM

Thanks for the reply. I live in the UK near Portsmouth if that helps. I don't like to learn from books either I just wanted some reference material.