Salutations, one and all.

Posted by: Eagleguy

Salutations, one and all. - 09/27/05 10:08 PM

I am 13 years old, nearly 14. I live in a suburb of Houston, TX. I do not consider my age to be an inhibiting factor, but a helping one, rather. One of my good friends recommended that I learn an energy art, of which he knows a fair amount. Exactly what? I have no idea. I did a bit of searching on Google and found this site, which seems to be well in-order. I know virtually nothing of energy or martial arts, but I am very willing to learn. I have at least two hours after school every day in which I can be totally alone at home. Now that I've made many a boring statement, I'd like you all to know that I can write a bit better than this, but I've been a bit stressed. (Darn me and my writing skills. ) If anyone would like to show me a few pointers, or show me a good tutorial text or two, that'd be very appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

--Ethan
Posted by: oldman

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 09/27/05 11:04 PM

EG,
It's not every kid that starts his post with "Salutations". Read up on the topic. Use the search tools. Then you might want to consider finding an instrutor in your area. Good luck.

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 09/27/05 11:26 PM

Hmmm...I'll take that advice. I'm not exactly sure whether to think of that first sentence as a compliment or something else entirely. Time for bed, though. Good night, everyone.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 09/28/05 01:55 AM

I would take and/or give that as a compliment, but then again I'm not old.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Goodnight.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 09/28/05 03:09 AM

Look up Kempoman. He is a member here and former moderator of this section. He lives in south Houston (clear Lake area), he would be the best person to talk to about finding a good instructor. If you’re in his area maybe you can study under him. I was a student of his about 10-12 years ago and can tell you he is an excellent teacher. Other than that try to weed through the forum and find what info you can. There are some good threads here that can help you get on the right track and at least give you an idea of what to look for and what to look out for.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 09/28/05 04:13 PM

Welcome! and good luck with your search!

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 09/28/05 04:25 PM

Thank you for all of the advice. I just got home from school, (I left my cell at school. I'd normally be home before this.) and I may or may not be on here, seeing as though my brother and stepfather are home. (Have to be doing homework. Darn.) Ah, well. That's the way things happened.
Posted by: VS_Karateka

Re: Salutations, one and all. - 10/01/05 10:28 AM

Good luck in your quest Eagleguy. You sound like you have your head screwed on and would be serious about training so stear clear of McDojo's!!Find one that can feed your passion. Make sure you let us all know when you've made your mind up......