My first reiki experience

Posted by: MrEd

My first reiki experience - 09/17/05 08:50 PM

Hey guys, need some advice or thoughts. I was at the mall today and there was a reiki lady giving a demonstration. she asked for volunteers. I was one of four people. Anyways, she starts walking around us flailing her arms walking rather nonchalently much to the amusement of the spectators. at this point, im thinking, why did i volunteer for this. But, I sat their and concentrated, and sooner or later as i was breathing into my dan tien, it started to rumble and it felt like i was trembling inside. I soon broke into a cold sweat and felt rather light. I had experienced similar things when practcing nei dan meditation, but these feelings came much quicker with this lady flailing her arms around us in circles. After her demonstration was over, she told me i was "vibrating inside" and she hadn't expected this. She performed some sort of grounding routine where she pressed on my head, and then shoulders, hips and knees. Then i didnt feel quite as strange, but felt very cold and my teeth were chattering. I was somewhat skeptical based on this woman's personality, but I can't deny the strange experience I had.

My question to Reiki, or anyone else who does these attunements, do you have any feedback as to what may have happened?

Thanks,
Ed
Posted by: Gavin

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/18/05 05:39 AM

I've been having Shiatsu treatments for the past six months and have felt some very strange sensations at times. Most of along the lines of tingling sensations shooting across my body, kind of feels that something has been unblocked. The last session I had, she done some neck manipulations that left my head feeling so light it felt as if it was just filled with air (left myself open there haven't I! ), and I experienced nice feelings of warmth, and also some of a slight sickly feeling and headaches to start off with (apparently a side effect of the body sorting itself out!). However I've never experienced a cold feeling. Just goes to show you that there is more between heaven and earth than we can possibly imagine.

Are you going to have a full treatment?
Posted by: Reiki

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/18/05 06:59 AM

Hi Ed

Reiki can be felt as anything from tingling and rumbling and pulsing thru to heat and cold and any combination inbetween and more. It can be very individual and some people feel nothing.

What was she doing with her hands? Were they on you or was she drawing something in the air or what? What did she say she was going to do - a chakra balance or ??? or was she brushing the aura? Please give more detail. Was she a traditional Usui Reiki practioner or some other varient.

A normal reiki treatment consists of the practioner placing the hands on the body over the chakras or above the body and in the aura over the chakras. It is normal to treat both sides of the body & chakras either sitting in a chair or lying on a table, however many people treat only the front.

Most people I have treated say it feels like they are being heated up from the inside by warm sunshine and feel the heat.

For the spacey feeling, you were probably not well grounded, drink plenty of water afterwards to help with this. If in any doubt do a short meditation where imagine that you grow roots from your feet into the ground, cast off any negative thoughts and let it all happen.

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/18/05 07:02 AM

Forgot to add that in some cases people see colours and hear sounds on having treatment. Chakra balancing is a different thing to the normal treatment, this may have been what you felt as they were unblocked and balanced.

I've experienced a wide range of things both treating with reiki and being treated by it, so that nothing much surprises me now.
Posted by: trevek

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/18/05 09:40 AM

I was recently at a seminat where we started doing chi kung towards the end of the day and I got very tired. After that I was offered reiki on my back and I just went snoozy-byes big style. Similar thing happened once or twice when I had shiatsu. Is this common?
Posted by: nenipp

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/18/05 11:38 AM

Nothing there that couldn't be felt just as well after traditional spinal therapy even without, but certainly with, cervical manipulations!

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/18/05 08:39 PM

Quote:

I was recently at a seminat where we started doing chi kung towards the end of the day and I got very tired. After that I was offered reiki on my back and I just went snoozy-byes big style. Similar thing happened once or twice when I had shiatsu. Is this common?

yep! most people fall asleep when we start reiki on their backs. It just feels soooo good.
Posted by: trevek

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/19/05 05:03 AM

Aha, it seemed to surprise a few folk when it happened. I just heard a far off voice asking, "Is he out cold?"

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/19/05 06:27 AM

it is a nice feeling because it makes you relax.

Many practioners like myself will treat on an emotional level as well as a physical level during treatments, and this also will make you feel more relaxed and sleepy.

You may find other things happen during treatment such as when I am treating the throat area some people either start to talk a lot or they cry, as old bloackages are released.
Posted by: MrEd

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/19/05 10:05 AM

Quote:

Hi Ed

Reiki can be felt as anything from tingling and rumbling and pulsing thru to heat and cold and any combination inbetween and more. It can be very individual and some people feel nothing.

What was she doing with her hands? Were they on you or was she drawing something in the air or what? What did she say she was going to do - a chakra balance or ??? or was she brushing the aura? Please give more detail. Was she a traditional Usui Reiki practioner or some other varient.

A normal reiki treatment consists of the practioner placing the hands on the body over the chakras or above the body and in the aura over the chakras. It is normal to treat both sides of the body & chakras either sitting in a chair or lying on a table, however many people treat only the front.

Most people I have treated say it feels like they are being heated up from the inside by warm sunshine and feel the heat.

For the spacey feeling, you were probably not well grounded, drink plenty of water afterwards to help with this. If in any doubt do a short meditation where imagine that you grow roots from your feet into the ground, cast off any negative thoughts and let it all happen.

She didnt touch me during the main process except once. My abdomen was trembling at this point and she seemed to have flicked me on the head (my eyes were closed) and the trembling subsided. She made the comment about my being not well grounded and said she was just drawing the negative energy out of the group of people. She was moving her arms up and down in a wave like motion without touching anyone, except for the one tap on my head that i mentioned. Prior to her tapping my head, i was trying to visualize storing energy in the dan tien region, which was augmenting the vibration more than what she herself appeared to have been doing. Is it possible to store energy well being grounded? Is the vibration a good sign or a bad sign? I wasnt sure what to make of it, and she didnt seem to want to elaborate much, as it was at a mall demonstration.
Posted by: GEB

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/19/05 02:13 PM

I have many of these feelings during meditation, and sometimes during church services when something really moves me.

Re: My first reiki experience - 09/20/05 06:25 AM

Quote:

She didnt touch me during the main process except once. My abdomen was trembling at this point and she seemed to have flicked me on the head (my eyes were closed) and the trembling subsided. She made the comment about my being not well grounded and said she was just drawing the negative energy out of the group of people. She was moving her arms up and down in a wave like motion without touching anyone, except for the one tap on my head that i mentioned. Prior to her tapping my head, i was trying to visualize storing energy in the dan tien region, which was augmenting the vibration more than what she herself appeared to have been doing. Is it possible to store energy well being grounded? Is the vibration a good sign or a bad sign? I wasnt sure what to make of it, and she didnt seem to want to elaborate much, as it was at a mall demonstration.

hmmm interesting.

I dont have any experience with what happens when you have stored energy in the dan tien and are having a reiki treatment at the same time, so this is a new one for me too.

I don't think you need be worried about the vibration, often you can get strange things like this happening with treatments. Just go with it and enjoy the ride.

One of the most amazing treatments I've given was doing a chakra balance on another RM after we had both just had our RM attunements.

She said she could feel waves/pulses of energy moving her from side to side on the table, I felt the waves go through me AND an incredible heat go from my dan tien up my back from GV4 [Ming Men] to between the shoulderblades! My whole body got very hot and I could feel the energy going through my crown chakra to my hands and returning via the hara line, it felt really weird.

I was not touching her at all and had my hands cupped either side of her head and was working in her aura. I also saw vivid pink and violet waves while I had my eyes closed and I could hear the energy sizzle while it was working.