Qigong Beginner

Posted by: Dr Zoidberg

Qigong Beginner - 07/22/05 07:19 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good qigong instructor in Oxford (UK)?
Also I was wondering if anyone can recommend either Bruce Frantzis' or Michael Winn's (Healing Tao website) Qigong DVD's as a good starting point. Has anyone seen either of these, as I am tempted by both but would like to hear what anyone has to say about them first.

Cheers
Posted by: inthenameofgott

Re: Qigong Beginner - 07/28/05 03:27 PM

Hi

Im afraid I am in a similiar position regarding finding an instructor, I am in Leeds (UK) and would also like to find a good qualified teacher near me.

However, as for the books I have read "Opening the energy gates of the body" and book "power of the internal martial arts". The latter book is a good overview of different internal arts and has plenty of interesting anecdotes. "Opening the energy gates of the body" is a fine book and I would heartily recommend it as it has good information on standing postures etc. However, as anyone will tell you its not as simple as it sounds and you will need to seek an instructor also. I haven;t read the other book you mentioned.

I would also recommend a book called "The Way of Power" by Master Lam Kam Chuen which I found easy to follow and a joy to read. It also explains some of the more interesting aspects of standing chi gong and gives you a good diary like schedule to follow.

If you find a good uk class let me know. Im at the stage now where I would like to travel to visit a good teacher for a few sessions / pointers!

Good luck.