books on ki gong?

Posted by: ta_kuan_dao

books on ki gong? - 06/13/05 09:01 PM

i would like to get a book with some good info on ki gong (or other energy arts). i'm pretty new to energy arts and would like a good book on it. so i would be happy if any of you could make some suggestions.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/13/05 11:42 PM

"Chikung" by Wong Kiew Kit.

Not because we are from the same country, but it is, in my view, a very good introduction for a beginner.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/14/05 01:05 PM

Try "Opening the Energy Gates of the Body" by B.K. Frantzis
Posted by: telecino

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/21/05 01:59 PM

You can get a lot of beginner information for free on the Dragons of Justice website (DragonsOfJustice.org) and you can get a PDF e-book on the subject.

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/22/05 01:29 PM

Quote:

You can get a lot of beginner information for free on the Dragons of Justice website (DragonsOfJustice.org) and you can get a PDF e-book on the subject.

Yes, and that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee.

Magic, kaballah and chi balls...its your one-stop-wacko-shop.

--K
Posted by: Kosh

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/22/05 03:32 PM

Opening the energy body is a good book, but for me it took some time to realize it. When I first read it, a year or two ago, I was actually sorry that I bought it. But now I`m begining to see the value of it.

I really like the books from Mantak Chia. But you have to do everything written in his books slowly and carefully. Sometimes his books get a little complicated.

Especially the Iron shirt. I have had that book for about 5 years and couldn`t understand much from it, untill I saw the video. The book is very complicated.
A good beginers book from Chia is IMO Awaken healing light through the Tao.

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/23/05 09:20 AM

Kosh,

Just be very careful with anything of Mantak Chia's. Everything that glitters is not gold.

Scott
Posted by: Kosh

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/23/05 07:40 PM

Yes, it`s always good to be careful with books on topics like that. Do you have anything specific in mind?
Posted by: LastGURU

Re: books on ki gong? - 06/23/05 11:59 PM

There is a brilliant series of three books written by Jou Tsung Hwa about the Tao that I would suggest everybody to read.
Posted by: Chunji_Jedi

Re: books on ki gong? - 11/02/06 11:40 AM

There is grest book called Dahnhak Kigong. It is very beautifully designed with full color illustration. It is published by the company I work for, but it REALLY is good. That's not just bias, I promise! plus we make some other good energy study books that you might want to check out.

EDITED: No advetising please...
Posted by: gojucrane

Re: books on ki gong? - 11/26/06 10:56 PM

You may want to look for some of the books written by Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming. He has written several books on qigong relating to health and martial arts. I would suggest you go to his website and see if there is anything that catches your eye. The web address is www.YMAA.COM. Hope it helps
Posted by: Shae

Re: books on ki gong? - 07/04/07 12:04 PM

Qigong Empowerment by Shou Yu Liang and Wen Ching Wu is a great book for covering the different types of Qi gong