About Chi Balls

Posted by: Inuyasha

About Chi Balls - 05/16/05 11:40 PM

No this isn't about DBZ. Like actual Chi balls. I been able to make them 3 months ago. They have no physical form but you can feel them. They are like magnets repeling from each other. To the vets, You know i'm not crazy or trolling. I can make them easily with just relaxing. What do you do after you can make Chi balls? What is the next step? To IMA, do you know what to do?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/17/05 12:54 AM

Personally i don't feel there is a next step in regards to chi balls. I don’t' see them as any kind of building block, more of a gimmick. They really do very little for you. Other than maybe help you become aware of some of the sensations you may feel during various types of training. Anyone with 10 minutes of practice can "feel" or make a chi ball.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/17/05 02:24 AM

Can you see these balls of chi,
Is there one or two or three,
Can you put them in a hat,
Can you hit them with a bat,
Can you play with them on a field,
If you sold them how much would they yield,
So until I see these balls of chi,
I'll just practice karate,Goju and me.
Posted by: Bullfrog

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/17/05 10:05 PM

I THINK that I shall never see
A ball thats summoned up from ki.

Posted by: Kintama

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/17/05 10:50 PM

"When my beer nuts turn to chi balls, I'll be coming home to you..."

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/18/05 08:44 PM

Come on guys you can't really see chi balls but feeling them is something diffrent....
Posted by: keodras

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/20/05 12:41 AM

if you cant make visible and i do mean visible chi balls or waves that can impact on someone then i think your training is far from done (these things do exist and they have been done)
contact via email or msn : sniperrcp90@Hotmail.com

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/20/05 01:47 AM

No they do NOT exist and not they can NOT be done. Find an instructor and don't bring this radki nonsense to this forum. Read the ground rules.
Posted by: Strider_Hanzo

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/20/05 03:24 AM

Not to stir anything up but... if one were fat and totally ignorant of any other language other than English then this statement would be true "Come on guys you can't really see chi balls but feeling them is something diffrent...." no offense to anyone i just found that kinda funny, i'm weird like that...

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/20/05 05:50 PM

Quote:

No they do NOT exist and not they can NOT be done. Find an instructor and don't bring this radki nonsense to this forum. Read the ground rules.

Well your mistaken, if you say that chi balls (Not the DBZ STUFF) and ki waves doesn't exist well it shows how much you know, Seriously if you think theres no such thing as ki balls there's no such thing as chi then. That goes against all internal martial artists who ever practist...........

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 02:33 AM

Please pay attention to whom the post is in reply to. I was referring to keodras statements about "visible" chi balls and waves.

But while we are on the subject, please feel free to explain how not believing in chi balls of any kind "goes against all internal martial artist who ever practiced". You do realize that most people who "feel" a chi ball between their hands aren't actually feeling chi? In many cases it's simply the power of suggestion, their imagination. They feel it because they have heard other people state similar sensations and trick themselves into feeling the same thing. I could take a group of people and walk them through an exercise designed to make your legs tingle with chi and 90% of them will feel it. When actually they are only feeling a tingling sensation because they think they are supposed to. They focus on it so much they believe they feel it.

Additionally many serious IMA practitioners will tell you making chi balls has little to no impact on your training and therefore are NOT a stepping stone of any kind. Simply because they serve no real purpose. They are about as useful as a parlor trick.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 05:32 AM

I don't know of many internal stylists who use the words "chi blast" or "chi balls." Those are gimmicks.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 08:04 AM

Excellent post Lane!!!

I have tried to say this several times and it just doesn't come across clear enough.
This is one of the big problems I see within the IMA's being taught these days. People will think that they are feeling something that has been suggested to them as a 'chi feeling' and in reality all they are feelig is their thinking.
A lot of instructors out there don't emphasize enough that chi doesn't always feel the same between two different people or even within the same person.
IMO, people that are teaching IMA's need to just keep their yapper shut in regards to 'feeling' chi when people are just getting started. There is no sense in misguiding beginners. Just give someone the basics and help them work through it, but do NOT suggest anything to them, otherwise they think that they are a chi gong master all of a sudden.
Posted by: Tsurugi_Oni

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 01:13 PM

I sort of agree with you, as in if u tell the person what they should feel they will usually "falsify/exagerrate" an experience. When i started chi stuff i have no idea/guidance of what i was experiencing, used no visualization, just awareness. I knew what i felt was genuine... lol.

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 03:59 PM

so what is there any feeling at all?

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 04:40 PM

The sensations felt vary from person to person and exercise to exercise. People don't always exaggerate or falsify what they feel, most of the time they actually do feel these sensations, but they are an effect of their imagination. This is evident in the exercise where you are supposed to "feel" a chi ball between your hands. How many times have you heard "if you stop thinking about it and choose to close your hands your can"? This is because it's only in your head. You can and will feel sensations from qigong and various other exercises but a chi ball is just a trick of the mind. There are other sensations you will feel that shouldn't be told to you. The only thing you should be told is how to perform the exercise.

My first experience was through Kempoman. He didn't tell me what to look for. He showed me how to do the exercise and after some time he asked me what changes or sensations i felt. When i told him what i felt he recognized them as results of the training and moved me forward. This is how it should be done. This is the only way to really know you are performing the exercises properly. This is also why you can NOT teach yourself IMA.
Posted by: Reiki

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/21/05 05:15 PM

Quote:

The sensations felt vary from person to person and exercise to exercise. People don't always exaggerate or falsify what they feel, most of the time they actually do feel these sensations, but they are an effect of their imagination. This is evident in the exercise where you are supposed to "feel" a chi ball between your hands. How many times have you heard "if you stop thinking about it and choose to close your hands your can"? This is because it's only in your head. You can and will feel sensations from qigong and various other exercises but a chi ball is just a trick of the mind. There are other sensations you will feel that shouldn't be told to you. The only thing you should be told is how to perform the exercise.

My first experience was through Kempoman. He didn't tell me what to look for. He showed me how to do the exercise and after some time he asked me what changes or sensations i felt. When i told him what i felt he recognized them as results of the training and moved me forward. This is how it should be done. This is the only way to really know you are performing the exercises properly. This is also why you can NOT teach yourself IMA.

He's right you know.

All IMA require a teacher, because the student without a teacher is like a book without words.... or a book written in a strange language
Posted by: pengu1ns

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/23/05 04:49 PM

Surely the best purpose of creating a chi ball is to learn of its presence. I was a bit dubious until i made one after reading an article in the reading room. I was quite surprised. Now i make them regularly to make myself feel special. I may start flying soon...

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/23/05 05:13 PM

Laf thx for the advice..........
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/23/05 06:26 PM

Also, the sensations doesn't always mean its "working" or your getting better. Sometimes they could be signifiying, trying to tell you that something is wrong, or the energy is not quite how it should be. Thats why people recommend teachers, and that you should not try internal chi gong with out a qualified teacher.A sensation doesn't mean anything, in fact it could mean that you are not where you should be. It could be a sign of progress, but its not always a positive sign. Just thought I should say that.
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/24/05 05:12 PM

Quote:

Well your mistaken, if you say that chi balls (Not the DBZ STUFF) and ki waves doesn't exist well it shows how much you know, Seriously if you think theres no such thing as ki balls there's no such thing as chi then. That goes against all internal martial artists who ever practist...........

Quote:

if you cant make visible and i do mean visible chi balls or waves that can impact on someone then i think your training is far from done (these things do exist and they have been done)

Quote:

He didn't tell me what to look for. He showed me how to do the exercise and after some time he asked me what changes or sensations i felt. When i told him what i felt he recognized them as results of the training and moved me forward. This is how it should be done. This is the only way to really know you are performing the exercises properly. This is also why you can NOT teach yourself IMA.

Kempo(a lot less frustrated since resigning as moderator)man.
Posted by: Tsurugi_Oni

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/24/05 05:26 PM

Those of you who strongly doubt chi balls should whole-heartedly try it and THEN respond about it being a "falsified/imagined" experience. I do know that alot of people do falsify/exaggerate/imagine stuff, but there are also those who don't. When i teach somebody to do an exercise i dont tell them what to feel, and 95% of time it's a real result. There are certain things that you KNOW aren't falsified, its sad that so many people are closed minded....

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/25/05 01:37 AM

Quote:

Those of you who strongly doubt chi balls should whole-heartedly try it and THEN respond about it being a "falsified/imagined" experience. I do know that alot of people do falsify/exaggerate/imagine stuff, but there are also those who don't. When i teach somebody to do an exercise i dont tell them what to feel, and 95% of time it's a real result. There are certain things that you KNOW aren't falsified, its sad that so many people are closed minded....

How do you know we haven't tried "it"? How do you know what i have tried and what i haven't? What benefit would a "chi ball" have in your training? What makes you think you know better than Reiki, Fisherman, Kempoman or myself? I can't speak for most of the others but I have been training for 23 years and have yet to see any significance in such a thing. What i have seen several times are "techniques" like this being passed off by frauds as an "integral step in your training". How about instead of calling people closed minded because they don't believe in what YOU think is real, you find out what experience they have with the subject. You will find they know more about it than you think. Reiki is a reiki master; why not ask her what she thinks of the significance of chi balls in training?

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/25/05 09:28 AM

Okay I'll bite.

Let's say that you are feeling something (I think that anyone who has ever tried this exersize has) let's say that it feels like a ball or pressure in the space between your hands the registers on your palms.

Now you are thinking "Wow, what is this feeling? Is this qi?". I think we've all been down this path and asked these questions.

The one question that we need to ask is "If it is then what do I do with it?". I mean really isn't qi better off
inside the body?

What is most likely happening is that you are learning how to direct your focus/attention/yi to your hands. This causes an increase in bloodflow to the area and the hands feel different than normal. Many descriptions and feelings have been expoused by many qigong(kiko) practicioners many times before. They run the gambit from sensations of heat, cold, heaviness, lightness, red palms, splotchy palms, white palms. This feeling after a while can even be felt in the forearms, then eventually the entire body. Perhaps it is just you learning to listen and become more aware of what is going on inside you.

Is there some actual ball of energy (whatever that means) bewteen your palms, probably not. Can there be sensations and changes in feeling from qigong work? Sure, all the time. Still, my question remains. What do you do with the ball if it is there? I think that we have shown over and over and over that you can't throw it and hit someone with it. Healing? Perhaps I have seen some very cool things done by qigong and reiki masters.

The practice of qigong is to increase the health of the indiviual and it has little martial benefit.

Martial gongs are entirely different that those that you are doing for health (and you can not learn them from a book or video, they must be learned by direct transmission only). Even the Zhuan Zhuang (Post, Standing Stake) if not done correctly will not yield any martial benefits, only health (which aint a bad thing).

What most of you out there are looking for is down another path. You are doing gongs for health whether you know it or not. These are relativly simple exersizes that can ususally be learned from a book. However, most of you who keep wanting the 'chi-balls' to be real are looking for some
mystical martial power that you think 1) your teacher has 2) you've seen on Saturday morning Kung-Fu theater or 3) seen on dragonball-z.

You are mistaken, plain and simple. The martial power that you are looking for has its basis in Internal Martial Arts like Xingyiquan, BaguaZhang and Taijiquan. Masters of these arts can do things to you that will seem like they have a mystical martial power that you are looking for, when in reality they have the following:

1) They have placed 'gong' into their body. This means that they have conditioned their muscle, tendons and sinews using their respective system's gong building methods.

2) They have learned to move in a connected/whole-body/internal fashion. Chi-balls are stupid compared to this kind of movement.

3) They practice this stuff regularly, instead of writing about it on a message board.

So you feel a little heat, pressure, tingling between your palms? So what? It means little or nothing in the
context of martial power.

Kempo(100% chi-ball free)man
Posted by: JoelM

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/25/05 09:52 AM

Wow...that's just...beautiful. I think that post needs to be stickied to the top of the forum.

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/25/05 01:08 PM

I agree.

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/25/05 09:52 PM

great post! definitely a candidate for a sticky at the top of the forum.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/26/05 03:42 AM

I agree, that's great!
Maybe this forum will get back on track.
I don't know if it has ever been completely on track, but after the change one hasn't seen much worth reading (despite some admirable efforts by Fisherman, Laf and probably some others that don't come to mind at this instance), of course I haven't contributed either so I'm in no place to complain (just observing and feeling a bit of hope for the future)

Re: About Chi Balls - 05/26/05 05:50 PM

Awww Sucks

I should be around a bit more these days. With some hopefully interesting tidbits gleaned from my training over the last several months.

I enjoy most of the posters here, I just get the red-(you know what) with all of the radki stuff. Maybe, I shouldn't and maybe this post was an attempt to get in touch with my softer-side.

Kempo(secure in his manhood)man
Posted by: Michael_Huynh

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/07/05 04:00 AM

If you can really perfom a chi ball then how do you perform it, hand position, energy use, or what? yall need to find out if chi balls are real cause i say they are, even though i havent been able to perfom a chi ball yet i still atempt to perform one. oh yeah 1 more question i dont train with a instructor but still do martial arts train most of the time 6/7 days for a week, getting better by the minute, does that still say i can perfom the martial arts good, how do I know which belt i would be on
Posted by: nenipp

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/07/05 06:31 AM

Probably black or some other colour, at least!
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/07/05 06:37 AM

Quote:

Yes,at least!

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/07/05 10:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes,at least!

I'm not sure that a belt level will do for someone of your obvious knowledge and skill. I am thinking that you need a title instead. Yes, definately a title. Just pick the title you wish and send me $9.99 via pay pal and I with the powers vested in me shall anoint thee.

Kempo(sellin' titles cheap)man
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/08/05 08:45 AM

Do you have a price break if I want multiple titles?

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/08/05 02:17 PM

Kempoman and i are working together to form a national organization. We will certify rank and issue titles provided you show proof of your training. All we need is a letter signed by you stating the number of years you have been training, either in a dojo, on your own or with a friend and your payment of $50. We understand the great advances made in the martial arts through self training and will reward your steadfast devotion to self teaching with certification in our national organization and recognition of your title of Supersokedrgreatgrandmaster shihan (means founder) for an additional fee. Our fees are as follows.

Rank certificates
1st-4th dan = $50
5th-8th dan = $100
9th dan = $150
10th dan = $200
Any ranks above 10th are subject to additional fees. All certificates are printed on authentic antique scrolls. You can also rank your students and friends through us.

Titles
Soke = $400
Register your systems name = $300
Doctorate in martial science = $500
Professor title = $200
Shihan (means founder) title = $300

We will also be selling the secrets of the kiblast, kiflame, kishield and levitation to a very select few for $2000. As you may well know we only say they don't exist because we don't want anyone to find out our secrets. What everyone doesn't know is they can become a true master in their own garage with nothing more than a little imagination, some basic meditation, and a book.

The nominees for the Soke Hall of Fame will be contacted shortly. You must attend the ceremony to receive your award tickets are $300. If not nominated you can still be nominated for an additional $500.

We take the martial arts very seriously and believe the true path is through your back yard. Who needs to be taught when you can teach yourself? You can do a better job anyway, right?

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/08/05 03:11 PM

I am so very exicited to be a part of the new rank recognition organization. We have culled the nominations for the name of the organization down to the following:

Fedration for Adanced Rank Tests (F.A.R.T)

International Directory of Incredibly Official Titles (I.D.I.O.T)

Consortium of Rapidly Advancing Pretenders (C.R.A.P)

and finally
the World Hombu Organization of Registered e-Masters (W.H.O.R.e)

Thank you,
Kempo(bloated MA resume to follow)man
Posted by: LastGURU

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/08/05 05:08 PM

Quote:

I am so very exicited to be a part of the new rank recognition organization. We have culled the nominations for the name of the organization down to the following:

and finally

Thank you,

For increased legitimacy, use japanese name. for example (i do not know japanese well, so that could be a completely incorrect phrase, but... who will ever check ), Bushi no Atarashii Kaigan Association (B.A.K.A - idiot in japanese)

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/12/05 03:48 AM

Originally posted by Kempoman in response to Michael_Huynh(in the wrong section )

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can really perfom a chi ball then how do you perform it, hand position, energy use, or what?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't know what to say about this seemingly connected string of words.

Quote:

yall need to find out if chi balls are real cause i say they are,

Really, we should find out if chi balls are real because you say they are? WTF is it with you people? Do you not know how to read?('Tis obvious you don't know how to write)

Quote:

even though i havent been able to perfom a chi ball yet i still atempt to perform one.

For some reason I want to put the comma here:

Quote:

even though i havent been able to perfom a chi ball yet,i still atempt to perform one.

I think it illustrates my point better.

Quote:

oh yeah 1 more question i dont train with a instructor but still do martial arts train most of the time 6/7 days for a week, getting better by the minute,

does that still say i can perfom the martial arts good,

Are you using a random nonsense generator for these posts?

Please allow me to attempt to communicate with it...

You should continue to atempt to perfrom the chi ball, even though you havent been able to perfom one. Keep training 6/7 days for the week and we'll keep looking into the chi ball mystery for you.

Kempo(aarrrggghhh!!!)man

Posted by: Bossman

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/12/05 06:57 AM

Quote:

and finally

Thank you,

Of course you forgot the Federated Union of Chinese Karate...
Posted by: Cord

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/12/05 03:21 PM

Quote:

What do you do after you can make Chi balls? What is the next step?

I like to cook em in a nice tomatoe sauce and serve on hot fresh made spaghetti.

oh yeah, what about the Combined Organisation for Contact Karate. (C.O.C.K.)

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/12/05 08:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

and finally

Thank you,

Of course you forgot the Federated Union of Chinese Karate...

ROFL
I really shouldn't read these posts at work.... now everyone wants to know why I'm laughing so much
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: About Chi Balls - 06/28/05 07:38 AM

I am also very excited to be a part of this. I would like to register as founder of my new style which incorporates TKD, Krav Magna, Judo, trampolining and the ancient art of Chi Ki Fu King Kung. I will be calling this astonishing new system The B ritish O uter L ondon O lympic K arate S chools.

My cheque is in the post. On receipt please furnish me with my 12th dan and my okey dokey soke ship.

Yours in breathless anticipation
Sharon
Posted by: CdkwaN

Re: About Chi Balls - 07/01/05 10:02 PM

Ok, gotta get my 2 cents in on this ki ball thing. I tried, I mean I really, really tried making a ki ball. Lying in bed, with both arms behind my head, and reallly concentrating, after about 10 min. I felt the power surging through to my hands. Alas I thought, finally, a ki ball! Boy, was I surprised, my arms had just fallen asleep, and the tingling was just the lack of blood in my hands. Oh well, maybe next time! !
Posted by: Equis

Re: About Chi Balls - 07/04/05 02:41 AM

Pffftt, CHi Balls are so yesterday.. Sometimes I can feel the "force", which usually means I need to go the bathroom pretty soon afterwards.
Posted by: katsuhayai05

Re: About Chi Balls - 07/11/05 01:39 AM

Obviously the next step after making chi balls is turning into a super saiyan. -_-
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: About Chi Balls - 07/11/05 07:56 AM

Is it true that if I continue to play with Chi balls, I could go blind?

Please find my enclosed check for $5000. I want a super soke package complete with all titles(do you also have those neat gold belts with embroidery?), and really want to learn all the additional wave,blast and levitation tricks.

Page
Posted by: Kintama

Re: About Chi Balls - 07/15/05 09:46 PM

Don't forget you get a free happy Shaolin lawn ornament when you super-size your soke package:
http://taiqi.net/shaolin/gif/kou-2.jpg

{fine print: limited one per customer and availability in participating locations. If you decide the super soke package is too much and return for refund before the expiration date, the ornament must be purchased for a complimentary low price of $49.99.}

Re: About Chi Balls - 07/17/05 04:26 PM

For an extra $95.95 we will send you not one but 6 dancing dervishes and a partridge in a pear tree to go with your Shaolin lawn ornament.....

call now before 9am to order and we will send you 2 Shaolin lawn ornaments and the first 500 people to order will get a copy of my new book on how to use chi on your sandwiches.

Actually it is a good idea to reiki your food and water before consuming it. Many reiki people do this and if it weren't that I was so lazy I'd probably do it most of the time too.
Posted by: joachim

Re: About Chi Balls - 08/30/05 08:14 PM

hi there,

just wanted to tell you that the "powerful empty force" called "lin kong jing" is quite real.
it´s definitely possible to knock someone out from a distance by using qi.

want proof?

sifu paul dong (he wrote a book called "empty force", look for it at amazon.com) and his former student richard mooney acquired that skill after years of very hard practice.

sifu mooney lives in texas. he wrote a book and recorded a video tape (150 min.) about how to train this ability.
i already watched 3 scenes, very impressive!!

mail him at qimaster@hotmail.com if you want.

regards!
Posted by: butterfly

Re: About Chi Balls - 08/30/05 08:55 PM

joachim,

Without disinterested testing, without double blind testing, without specific testing parameters to guarantee the structure of the test...everything about NTK will be have to be considered BS.

No one ever, I repeat, ever, under the above criteria that I have listed have shown No Touch KOs to exist with the evidence shown to be accepted under objective scrutiny.

-B
Posted by: MattJ

Re: About Chi Balls - 08/30/05 09:21 PM

*sound of thread being locked*

Re: About Chi Balls - 08/30/05 09:28 PM

Agreed, this will not be discussed again.