what should i take up (plz respond this time)

Posted by: DINAMO788

what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/11/05 05:41 PM

liek i asked in my other post, what is the name of the art i shoudl take up if i want to learn how to create and harness energy. i hear thing aboutnliek ki balls and stuff liek that and i was just wondering what art teaches that type of energy art. i nkow i cant shoot a kamehameha but i would like to know wat is possible

please tell me which arts teach these thnigs and which oens mainly focus on creating and focusing energy into like "balls" and stuff.

thx
Posted by: wesd

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/11/05 06:04 PM

Quote:

liek i asked in my other post, what is the name of the art i shoudl take up if i want to learn how to create and harness energy. i hear thing aboutnliek ki balls and stuff liek that and i was just wondering what art teaches that type of energy art. i nkow i cant shoot a kamehameha but i would like to know wat is possible

please tell me which arts teach these thnigs and which oens mainly focus on creating and focusing energy into like "balls" and stuff.

thx

ummm i think you should just take some magic mushrooms or lsd and try. umm you should also try flying off big bulidings when your on it.;) if thats not your thing maybe you should try something that focuses on things that are real not shooting ki blasts at people

good luck
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/11/05 06:25 PM

Oh good grief! MODERATOR!

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/11/05 08:50 PM

ummm i think you should just take some magic mushrooms or lsd and try. umm you should also try flying off big bulidings when your on it.;) if thats not your thing maybe you should try something that focuses on things that are real not shooting ki blasts at people

good luck

thats a good idea and maybe i can also spend my life searching the world for dragonballs too right. thx for ur advice, i'm going to go now and punch down some buildings.

for those of you who have actually read wat i'm asking, all i want to nkow is the name or the energy arts. preferably the ones the deal mostly with creating and controlling energy becuase i find this interesting and would liek to know wat is really possible. i saw soem other posts on making "balls" and never thought that people even discussed the possibility of this. i think this is interesting and just want to nkow wat is the name of the arts that teach this so i can look up more information on them. so if you know the names of these arts, plz tell em. thats all i want to know.

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 12:31 AM

ummm u really dont understand what they mean when they say ki balls

but if you wanna know how try this

start a breathing meditation when you have gotten in about 10 breaths imagen a ballon in your hands filled with your energy,then remove the skin.

simplest way i know and hay if you drop out of jr. high or what ever and pratice all day every day till your 80 you maybe able to ... no i just dont see you shooting some one with it

so stay in school:)
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 05:49 AM

......Exactly, chi is not the way it is portrayed in TV, cartoons, or even in the history channel. if you expect too much, you will be dissapointed, and render it as "useless" just as many others have. Research, and realize it exists in your every day life, when you are breathing, walking, and even doing karate. Then you can try and develop, it is nothing supernatural, hope that helped.

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 02:52 PM

i know that i cant shoot or even see it. i didn't even think it existed in a noticable form until i found somew of the threads hear. if i can creating some energy by myself and feel it with one of my senses then i will be amazed.

i'll try the breathing ballon thing too. anyone got anymore suggestions?

also tho, if chi is so unnoticable and small that we dont even remember it anymore, then wat is the point fo studying it if we cant use it and it cant do anything?
i understand philosophy is good to know but u cant really practice it w/e knowing if ur doing the right thing or if its even working right?

if i'm missing the big picture then please fill me in.

thx
Posted by: hardluck

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 04:27 PM

hit up amazon.com and purchase either:

Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body (The Tao of Energy Enhancement)

or

Relaxing into Your Being: The Water Method of Taoist Meditation Series, Vol. 1

By B. K. Frantzis.

Now Frantzis is not the end all be all for internal practices and martial arts, but the man does know his stuff and knows how to convey it to the western mind. Its a great intro and he talks about a great many different things. Chi Kung, Toaist Meditation, The different Internal Arts. By reading his books you should be able to 1. Begin the basics of internal training and 2. Figure out which route you would like to pursue (as there are more than one ways to skin the cat).

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 05:05 PM

thx a lot hardluck, aside from the fact that i dont really liek to read, u've told em almost exactly wat i wanted to nkow
so thx
Posted by: hardluck

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 05:13 PM

for the record try not to invoke the use of such words at "ki balls" "Dragonball Z" and "Ki bursts" ect ect here. Even if your stating you don't beleive in them. You will get flamed hardcore.

You will avoid quite a bit of conflict doing so :P

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 06:16 PM

Quote:

i know that i cant shoot or even see it. i didn't even think it existed in a noticable form until i found somew of the threads hear. if i can creating some energy by myself and feel it with one of my senses then i will be amazed.

i'll try the breathing ballon thing too. anyone got anymore suggestions?

also tho, if chi is so unnoticable and small that we dont even remember it anymore, then wat is the point fo studying it if we cant use it and it cant do anything?
i understand philosophy is good to know but u cant really practice it w/e knowing if ur doing the right thing or if its even working right?

if i'm missing the big picture then please fill me in.

thx

um ki is energy witch is matter and matter cant be created you draw in and HARNES ki
Posted by: Inuyasha

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/12/05 07:59 PM

Quote:

thx

If your thinking of dragonball z stuff. Well theres no such thing. Think of chi balls as healing...........

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 05/13/05 12:20 AM

boo calgarys better bombers suck :P
Posted by: cory

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/02/05 11:58 AM

in martial arts you need to be serius about it. focus chi is all mental not physical. if you cant take up a style creat one. i have my style, i do not name it because its not all one style its a mix of martial arts. one martial art id recommend is Tai Chi Chuan liquidfire90@hotmail.com
Posted by: laf7773

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/02/05 12:43 PM

What is your training background and where are you from?
Posted by: kingotsa

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/06/05 07:51 PM

yea i will give u this site... energy arts. and if u really want to learn about ki or chi then u should read about it there. if u still think ur interested then purchase his book " the power of internal martial arts". it tells all about the internal martial arts and chi. best regards.
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/06/05 09:38 PM

my basic understanding of chi/ki/energy is that is most definatly harnessed by physical means, primarily breath. Im sure the mental aspect is also important, ie the coming together of mind , body and spirit.
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/06/05 09:43 PM

Without the mind the qi will not move. The mental aspect is one of the most important part of the internal martial arts. How can anything be unified with out the use of the mind?
Posted by: shoshinkan

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/06/05 10:16 PM

Fair point, I do not profess to be an expert on this subject - just sharing my expierience thus far.

Of course the mind (or no mind, mushin) is important. I was trying to highlight that the physical aspect is also important, certainly in Ki development.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: what should i take up (plz respond this time) - 08/08/05 12:50 AM

The mind is important, yes, but not mind as we think of it usually (i.e the surprisingly uncontrolled chain of thoughts with which we foolishly identify ourselves).

I know the regulars here know this, but it is imho an important point and easy to misunderstand in the beginning, when one has no experiance to refer to.