ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templetex

Posted by: Saber

ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templetex - 05/09/05 05:34 PM

do you think people can make you feel sick with chi or would it only be used for healing. i would think that healing would be the yin side of things and making people sick would be the yang ...... also anyone read the new translation of the shaolin temples text provided by ussd?
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templetex - 05/09/05 06:48 PM

Can you show me a link to that book. Is it by any Chance the "Grand masters Text of Shaolin" Or something like that. Be careful with what you read/hear, some of these things have been discovered to be hoaxes (in terms of historical accuracy).

As for chi "drain," yes I believe it is possible for someone to make you feel sick, but not in a martial sense. Well by striking I suppose you could, especially with internal power. In accupresure, the best are those who have great internal energy because with their minds/hands they can actually balance you out. It wouldn't surprise me if someone highly aware of internal mechanics could, but this is the kind of people you hear about in legends.
Posted by: Saber

Re: ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templetex - 05/10/05 04:03 AM

you will find the info at www.ussd.com
Posted by: Katerine

Re: ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templ - 05/13/05 01:00 AM

Quote:

do you think people can make you feel sick with chi or would it only be used for healing. i would think that healing would be the yin side of things and making people sick would be the yang

In my experience, i'd agree that this is very possible. energy interactions between people in even casual situations can be rather complex at times. energy based healing is an example of one extreme form of energy interaction... and the inverse is equally possible. However i have never seen 'reverse healing' actually cause a physical injury, rather it seems to have a more general impact on the energy condition of the subject. could you make someone sick? not in my experience, but you could make someone more suceptable to illness.

weakening the flows in a person's energy systems by bleeding it out could cause any or some (but likely not all) of a number of imediate symptoms : like malaize, light headedness, localized headache deep under the brow chakra, unease at the solar plexus chakra, lack of focused thought, a general 'sensation' of weakness, and a perpensity towards getting chills in only moderately low temperatures. none of which are imediately impactfull in a fighting situation, but which could be a moderate handicap for an opponent in theory.

As to the matter of touch, yes touch greatly facillitates energy interaction, so in theory a strike might be used in some fashion resembling accupreasure, but energy interaction also takes place on a non-tactile level as well. over short distances things like eye contact would fascillitate it, and over very large distance 'mutual focused attention' in comunication fascillitates energy interaction. touch is simplest, but directed energy interactions over short distances, or rapport and mutual engagement of focus over large distances are 'workable'.

then again just because a thing is possible does not mean it is nessisarily doable in any given situation. there could be dozens of interviening variables. Also against a person of really healthy energy, the effects would be negligable (unless there's a finer artform of this I'm not aware of).

Kate
Posted by: Bullfrog

Re: ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templetex - 05/22/05 03:23 AM

No, I don't believe people can make you feel sick with chi. You can make yourself believe that you don't feel well(If someone you respected told you every day of you life that you where clumsy it's very possible that you will start to stumble a bit more or drop things.) But I don't believe it could effect you physically.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templetex - 05/23/05 06:33 PM

Nope. And like I said, if someone could, it woulld be someone of legends. Someone old, practicing their whole life, and with a vast amount of experience.

Mostly the term "unbalanced chi" is a vague one, It could mean alot of things. It doesn't mean that it is the source of your problem(s), but rather that your problems could be the source of the imbalance. It could also mean that they go hand in hand, one is a simpler way of observing the problems. By being "balanced out" it can help in solving the problems, but without getting to the root, nothing will ever be healed. When healers heal others, it is not that they are literally healing you, but rather just helping your energy and body heal itself (guide it). So, could someone perhaps do the reverse? They could aid, or try to initialize someone else getting sick etc. but the most it would do is probably change moods or perception slightly. Its just like when constant exposure to certain emp waves, or sunnlight/lack of sunlight can affect your mood and so forth. But internal striking certainly cause many problems.
Posted by: Katerine

Re: ki drain? and translation of the shaolin templ - 05/28/05 01:18 PM

It has been my experience, that there are somewhat more substantial effects brought about by interactions between people energeticly. I am somewhat cynical, and ever wary of representing metaphysical ideas which I don't have objective first hand experience with.
Anyway, I agree that it wouldn't nessisarily be usefull in a confrontation. And would not avail itself to a dramatic or obvious impact if employed. If you wish to effect physical matter, by FAR the most efficient use of your time is to do so via physical means.
Incidently I'm not *that* old. I find that quality and quantity are, to a limited degree, proportionally interchangeable, where applied to time & effort put into learning such things.