9 hand sings and 9 words that accompany it?

Posted by: egcprince

9 hand sings and 9 words that accompany it? - 05/07/05 09:58 AM

Lately I've been looking into the energy arts and have found that there are nine words which seem to almost be like a power chant. They are "RIN-PYO-TO-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN" if i remember them correctly. Also i found that there are 9 hand signs that go along with them, to see them go to this link: http://www.warriorquest.com/ninjamysticism.html
The only thing, is that anything I find on a website or anywhere else, doesnt tell me much about these things. Can someone tell me more about them and how they are used?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: 9 hand sings and 9 words that accompany it? - 05/07/05 11:59 AM

The "kuji in" are not something you can read about on the net or in a book and just start using them. As with everything in the martial arts you need an instructor. Simply sitting on the floor and saying the nine words while doing the nine symbols will do nothing for you. There is a progression to everything, you can't just start in the middle and expect any results.

Additionally i wouldn't take much information that site has to offer to heart. They are far from a legitimate form of ninjutsu. If you want to learn about the "kuji in" join one of the legit schools of ninjutsu, bujinkan, genbukan, jinenkan or toshindo.

Ninjutsu is also not thought of as an "internal" art. There are internal aspects to it, just like any other art, but it is an external art. For internal arts look to hsing i, bagua or taiji.
Posted by: egcprince

Re: 9 hand sings and 9 words that accompany it? - 05/07/05 08:46 PM

Oh I didn't mean that i was going to use them, or randomly start doing them. I just meant that that i wanted to know more of their origin and how the people who actually know how to use them, use them. Anyone know know anything? By the I live in Connecticut, If i were to get into ninjutsu, which is what i really want to study, where would I search? I would be eternally grateful for any one with ideas