What to do with energy ball when between hands

Posted by: Prometej

What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/05/05 02:21 PM

I live in country where tai chi and qigong aren"t very popular so it"s hard to find a teacher so i"ve been trying myself.
I get the feeling of magnetic force between hands when compressing and spreading the energy ball but what to do then, can you direct it to a injured part of the body or something.
Just what to do when feeling the force beetw. hands , how to finish exercise?

And yeah, should i keep trying on my own or give up -
Posted by: Fisherman

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/05/05 07:36 PM

Quote:

I live in country where tai chi and qigong aren"t very popular so it"s hard to find a teacher so i"ve been trying myself.

What methods/exercises have you been using on your own and where did you get them? Books? Internet?

Quote:

I get the feeling of magnetic force between hands when compressing and spreading the energy ball but what to do then, can you direct it to a injured part of the body or something.

I would think that it is possible, the issue is, do you have enough training to know if you are doing this propely or not?

Quote:

Just what to do when feeling the force beetw. hands , how to finish exercise?

I would say you should finish by focusing on storing any energy at the tan tien and letting the body relax.

Quote:

And yeah, should i keep trying on my own or give up -

If you have a serious interest you should not quit. However, the internal arts whether for healing or for martial use should not be rushed. Eventhough teachers in your area may be difficult to come by I would still make a serious effort to try and find one.
Posted by: BaguaMonk

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/06/05 11:09 PM

The "ball" is really just connecting the two points on the hands together to promote flow, similar to how the toungoe on roof of mouth does same thing for the head. Or the Wuiyin channel opening and closing. Since chi eminates from the point on the hand, yes, it is possible to spread it throughout your body. Alot rub their kidneys, their stomach, but it is still structuralized through inhalation and exhalation.
Posted by: DINAMO788

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/08/05 12:06 AM

wow, this is some cool stuff. i'm new here and getting the impression that this is an older forum(relating to age).

i one time spoke with this guy who said something liek this. we were talking about an anime (yu yu hakusho) and he said he heard of this guy or saw this guy who could create soem of the attacks seen on the show, liek a "ball" of what you guys are talking about.

but is this really real or more of a belief? i have enver heard of seen any concrete proof and i think somethnig as miraculous as this might attract some more attention.

and for those of you who practice this, the energy or chi is invisible right and can it be created outside of your body and can it be directed in a way that we can see or sense a result of it?

also i know i cant juss all of a sudden right now focus for a while with my hands apart and expect to feel energy but how woudl u go about making a ball and how long would it take to gather energy? also how exactly do u gather energy? do you close your eyes on conecrte on something?
also i can sit with my eyes closed and my hands apart and feel something between my hands but i dont think its energy, just a slight tingle from them being held still, how will i be able to know if its energy or juss that tingle feeling?

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/08/05 04:58 AM

The energy is not tangible in the way you seem to believe. It is being aware of all the natural energies in your body, without having to actually mentally focus on the, but rather "feeling" it. There is no way to "gather" energy so to speak, and throw it at someone, or even have somebody else feel it. Unless you are a very proficient practicioner of chi gong or an internal art, it is very rare for someone else to be able to sense it unless you are striking them. Connecting fingers, hands etc. works great when praying/meditating. In Chi gong, you must use breathing correctly.

If you want to develop energy, have correct posture, and breathe abdominably while being completely relaxed, this is the only way.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/08/05 08:51 AM

Quote:

If you want to develop energy, have correct posture, and breathe abdominably while being completely relaxed, this is the only way.

That and get a teacher.
Posted by: Inuyasha

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/10/05 10:44 PM

Quote:

The energy is not tangible in the way you seem to believe. It is being aware of all the natural energies in your body, without having to actually mentally focus on the, but rather "feeling"

Yes very true. If you want to make a chi ball you must feel the energy pushing your hands....
Posted by: Diga

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/10/05 11:26 PM

Tricky question.
There are several types of energy and many ways to talk about it.
This is just one explination and details are too many to get much into it.
Visualization can be incorperated into energy.
What one visualises can be recognesed by another.
An idea of how this can happen is with hypnosis. Everyone has seen a demo of someone getting hypnotised some have even been hypnotised. Basically it is the power of suggestion.
Now to relate this to martial arts.
If you display great confidence and observe your opponent for a lull in his/her concentration - you will be able to convince them that you have a ball of energy and with proper timeing and great breath control you can catch them off guard and SHOUT along with a suprising motion toward their on comming attack and knock them over without even touching them. This is taught in Aikido training.

Actually that was a pretty poor explination but it should be enough to give -one- idea of energy transfer into another person.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/11/05 09:06 AM

Quote:

Visualization can be incorperated into energy.

I'd agree with this statement. Visualization can be recognized as one's intent. I like to think of it as real-time visulization; wherein the mind is directing the intent, and it is the will of the intent that is guiding the body and it's energy.

Quote:

What one visualises can be recognesed by another.
An idea of how this can happen is with hypnosis. Everyone has seen a demo of someone getting hypnotised some have even been hypnotised. Basically it is the power of suggestion.

This may work in a closed environment, but I highly doubt that you would ever be able to use it in a real fight situation. Fights happen way too quickly and in such a spontaneous manner that there is little time for hypnotizing you opponent.

Quote:

If you display great confidence and observe your opponent for a lull in his/her concentration - you will be able to convince them that you have a ball of energy and with proper timeing and great breath control you can catch them off guard and SHOUT along with a suprising motion toward their on comming attack and knock them over without even touching them. This is taught in Aikido training.

This is what I was saying above. What you have said above occurs in a closed environment.
Besides, what you have described above is not necessarily an 'energy' attack. I will explain.
When someone launches an attack, at some point durring the attack their intent is focused to a point. Their point is to harm you. If you shout at the proper time, when they are fully immersed in their attack, then you will snap their intent. If you do this when someone has forward momentum and you have positioned yourself at a proper angle adjacent to them, it will appear that you have knocked them off balance with a shout.
I am not trying to say that energy is not present wihin this attack. It is, it is being directed via your intention. What I am saying is that you are not hitting them with an energy ball like some people here would like to believe.
You said it yourself, you are catching them off guard.

Regards
Chris

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/11/05 06:55 PM

Fisherman
Yes I am agreeing with you.

As I said this is a difficult topic to just talk about. Plus this is just one of many adaptations of trying to explain.
The work hipnosis was used because it was a single word that would be understood. There is no time to wave a golden watch in front of someone that plans to attack you.
The supprise with timeing is more important and seeing his energy and acting just before he uses it is where the speed comes from. Which actually means you have seen his energy ball and foiled it.
I think one needs to work with finding theirs before being able to out guess theirs.
The energy ball to me is just another way to explain it. Maybe intent ball would be better.

Great topic....lets keep going.

Not sure I agree with the close environment part.
Aikido ( where we worked with these techniques ) sparred by starting a long distance away and charging in at eachother.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/12/05 12:24 AM

My first post seemed to get us pretty far off of your topic.
I will try again.
What to do with the feeling of the ball between the hands, how to finish the exercise.
Tai Chi circles is a great exercise.
Since you can visualize a ball inbetween your fingers now try circles.
Start with one foor back, about as far as a short step would be and with your torso directly in the middle. Your hands should be comfortably raised ( palms down ) to eye level.
Begin inhaling the breath through the nose.
Tnen rocking your torso back and over your rear foot while circleing the hands back to touch the sides of your ribs, the front foot tips back on the heel and toes go up.
Begin exhaling out of your mouth.
Now as the hands keep circleing downward and forward and the torso goes back to the center of your feet, keep exhaling , as the hands continue forward and up again and the torso goes over your front foot.
As the hands get straight out in front your rear foot goes up on its toes with the heel up ( like walking )
At this point begin inhaling again while the hands continue up and back to the starting position ( the breath at this point is half way inhaled )
One complete circle of the hands is timed with one step forward and 1 step back ( you are not actually lifting your feet to go to another step yet ) and one breath in and out.

Do this several times before going to tai chi walking, which would be much harder to explain with just words but could be figured out on your own a little bit. This then goes to walking and turning and so on.
Try to do the circles smooth and slowly.
It will teach you more than you can immagine.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/12/05 05:57 AM

Here is something that many forget: ABODMEN, breathe through STOMACH, NOT chest. Visiualize recyling through the dan tien (2-3 inches below navel, and below solarplexus)

There are ways to project energy through using shouts, it can work, but like someone else said, its not practical. It will "stun" your opponent because of how loud, sudden, ,and explosive it was, just like a stike being led by explosive energy. If you are proficient enough and developed enough energy, there is a possibility your shout might even have sudden emotional or mental effects, just like a Taiji strike, but that's rare. This method actually came from an ancient Chinese, and filipino method (the yelling), and was incorporated into Japanese arts much later.

Mental intention is important, but that is not all, it takes body awareness (both at slow speeds), and energy training, breath control etc, to really reach the higher levels. Through mental intention (it is not a thought, it is intent) you can explosively lead the body to one concentrated point through whatever method you wish, punch, kick, push, shoulder, wrist, etc., ala taiji. But that is just the beginning, it takes years of practicing and development to truly reach a deadly level.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/12/05 11:29 AM

Yes... Those things need to be added to my explination.
Thanks
Funny thing... Last night I was thinking about things I forgot to mention in my posts but today I can't remember them.
Just one of the perks of getting old.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/12/05 04:39 PM

Hello there, it`s me again.Thanks for answering.

About that shout, i think it`s called kiai jutsu where they focus on shouting people with energy, there`s a lot on internet about this and on this site on articles.

As i understood i`m doing it part right. How can i ,or even can i ,without a teacher use the energy btw hands for healing my injuries.
I`ve read about technique when you imaginate energy flowing to your hara(is it the same as tan tien ( underneath your bellybutton?)?) and then from there flowing to your part of the body where you want.
Should you imagine it going there or just placeing your hands there?

I feel like driving a car but don`t know how to pull over.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands - 05/12/05 06:05 PM

WOW again. You get right into the Master of arts stuff.
I too have worked with these things over the years. With no master to teach it seems that progress will never get very far.
Books have been most of the imput on these topics.
Healing arts again deal with visualization and convincing another to see things as you are seeing it. Also lots of breath control and meditation. I suppose some even posess some kind of kinetic energy that they can transfer but the only way I have even gotten close to that is with Love OR Lust (TOTALLY TRICKY BUSINESS AND DANGEROUS) especially if you are married. Chicks dig it to much and dudes I just can't do, so I gave up on that avenue.

Pressure point methods will teach you not only how to damage someone at their prossure points but also how to neutralize a point that you have hit too hard in practice.
There is a direction of energy flow in the body and striking a P/point will interrupt that flow. Rubbing the spot in the proper direction can help get the flow moving again. This is a bit more scientific than tha healing arts methods suggested so maybe give it a try. AGAIN P/point training takes a very qualified instructor to keep from injuring yourself and others without even knowing it.
Posted by: Katerine

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/13/05 01:32 AM

Not quite master of arts material yet i think, but interesting stuff yes

about the shout Prometej, dogs incidently are very good at this little technique

also prometej, i'd not let being without a teacher deter you. consider this... who taught the teacher? and who taught their teacher? etc. eventually someone had to pioneer. no guru can ever tell you anything that is impossible (maybe very improbable though) for you to arrive at on your own. ideally you'd want to absorb all of the wisdom and knowledge of those(plural) who came before you, but never be afraid to strike out on your own as well. I've been told this is a wreckless attitude but i stand by it.

as to what to do with the ball once you have it... there are so many possibilities really, some realistic, others not. basically its a little nugget of energy, you can do pretty much anything with it that can be done with energy. even some pretty elaborate stuff if you fashion it into a sort of 'construct'. hmmm... what would you *like* to do with it?

Quote:

I suppose some even posess some kind of kinetic energy that they can transfer but the only way I have even gotten close to that is with Love OR Lust (TOTALLY TRICKY BUSINESS AND DANGEROUS) especially if you are married. Chicks dig it to much and dudes I just can't do, so I gave up on that avenue.

I like all your posts Diga this tidbit is tantalizing in its unfamiliarity, would share your insights with me? (in private message if its too off topic perhaps?)

Kate

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/13/05 12:17 PM

Katerine
Yes it would be fine to talk more about this topic. It is a tough one though and my wording is vague at best. Some explinations might be so long so use my yahoo address any time.
Please make a note on the topic so I know who you are like - Arts forum - so I don't just delete it.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/13/05 04:41 PM

Can it be dangereous? Could i mess up something?

How to strengthen(make it stronger-sorry for any spelling errors) the body. Does it come simply by practise with energy ; how to draw it out when you suddenly need it in any situation.
I know it`s hard to explain so i`ll try to do my best on my own.

Katerine, welcome and thanks

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/13/05 09:22 PM

Dangerous...in so many ways but practice is the only way to find out.
One danger in the healing arts thing that I was talking about is the boy-girl thing. When one has a succesful healing it is difficult not to get emotionally involved with eachother.
In my experience (and this comes from many years ago) I did have some luck with what might be called healing arts. Not only was I studying the arts but also a South American Indian and warriors technique of teaching.
In a nut shell it involved total abandon of self in order to connect with the surroundings or other person. Then selflessly helping another by comunicating to both the right side brain and left side brain along with physical manipulation of their injured part with the hands.
Talk about hard to explain !

Another dangerous thing is you can manipulate another person in the wrong way and make things worse.
This is why it is highly recommended to have a MASTER to guide you. Naturally a master in anything is very hard to come by. I never did and recognised the dangers, so now I have not worked with these techniques for decades.

To strengthen yourself in any of this you need to learn to meditate. Breathing meditation is a good start. Years of learning how to open yourself and see yourself is a first step. Be patient and keep looking upward.
Posted by: Lyfyx

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/14/05 06:39 AM

Let me begin by saying, I've practiced active utilization of internal energy my entire life. I never thought it was anything special but apparently a great deal of people never learned how to use it. There is a lot more to the nature and method than most let on, and certainly there are a lot of myths about technique and necessity of method that simply aren't true. You have the right to critize what I have to say, of course, but please take in to consideration, this is all personal experience.

The first initial rumor regarding healing energy is that it must first be centered before it can be applied. You're making a lot more work for yourself because you're not first learning to move the energy through your body and to the desired parts without a transition phase. Next, you're wasting tremedous energy because you're attempt to give it form and then reapply it. So initially, I want to say to all of you interested in learning how to use your own energy, please recognize that while it starts at the solar plexis, it's already flowing throughout your body and can be redirected as desired.

Your life energy is available to you at any time and is there in a stagger amount. However, you should never rely on your life energy as your necessary source, because the ambient energy in the air, the very eletrical force of the planet and all things around you, is an equally reliable source. You can literally rip free-flowing static energy out of the air if you so desire and rechannel it.

Next, the function of energy is relevant to how tolerate any part of your body is and how well it can function in use. I myself know how to pool in tremedous energy, but if I try to use it to over-power a specific action, I'm going to hurt myself. Certainly, I can run fast enough to break my own legs, punch with enough to dislocate my shoulder and seperate my wrist, but I should hope by now I would know well enough not to do what is beyond my physical tolerance. Just because the power is there doesn't mean you can handle it. So, after you finish reading this, assuming you actually get the hang of it, keep in mind that even if you have the power to do something great, you may not be able to withstand the physical stress.

Let me start with the most basic principles of energy. Your left hand absorbs, your right hand expels. The ball in your hand isn't a ball, it's a transition point, the energy is arching between your hands and you can feel it. Someone earlier said that no one else can feel it. That's not true, because everyone else around me certainly can feel my energy. Energy feels like heat (mostly because that's what it is), it feels like gentle force. Around a body containing a literal overflow of power will be a constant vibrant warmth and even the sensation of consistent air motion.

Keep that in mind, a basic principle to understand that energy in its most raw and undefined form is heat. The energy in your body is always there in atleast that form, and it has in some level to do with friction from your flowing blood, but a lot more to do with the fact you're a walking power-plant using acid based combustion to generate raw energy. As mammals, we typically run on an inner-fire. Understand now, that this fire can be taken from and moved to specific parts. Imagine in yourself a series of pipelines connection every single part of your body that flows with liquid fire. The fire can be brought to a single place simply by the desire to do so.

There are two channel energy to a part of the body. One is through passive meditation, which may take hours for some or seconds for someone who's done it long enough. The second is aggressive. Anyone who tells you that you cannot channel power through aggression either doesn't know what they're talking about or is lying. Tension is the summon of energy and the kinetic power generated in the tension of tendons is the source of applied energy. If for example, you want to forcibly summon energy in to your right arm, you're going to flex the muscles. All of them, as fiercely as you can, letting all the power in your body drain to that one point.

A brief exercise if you're willing, attempt to focus energy in to your right hand. Passive or aggressive means, whichever you prefer. Visualization does help but it's not necessary, just use your force of will or draw in power to the muscles. You'd be surprised how fast you'll find yourself creating a small level of heat. The more power, the more heat.

Once you get that working for yourself, you'll pretty quickly get the general idea. It works for any part of the body. The next stage has to do with purpose of energy and intention. You may not know this, but you actually control every section of your body with your brain. The difficult part is that you do not control every section of your brain...initially.

Once your body moves energy to a location, your cells need orders on what to do with it. There is a natural order of construction or function that occurs without concious thought, but there are often times more pratical applications than those of our most base instinct. Think of this as tuning your body to perform beyond its most base instinct. Rather than flayling like a wild animal, you are to perform with concious thought.

If you are wounded and you know you need to heal the wound, then you channel energy to the wound, do so with the necessary information to mend the wound. Literally, you can be specific in English as to what you want. Once you open the channels of communication, since you're speaking to yourself, you'll generally know what you're talking about. If the wound requires specific elements, like protein to mend, then specifically designate the energy and inform your cells that they'll be needing the protien.

If the application isn't for healing but rather for (hopefully) self defense, then the nature of the application should be considered. Are you attempting to empower your body, generate a resistance to injury or project direct energy in to another body? If you properly focus the energy in to a section of the body as a countering force, it will dampen blows when correctly applied. If your intended application of the energy is to subdue a target, you may consider centering your energy with the intention of inducing nervous shock in your target and attempting to add a small electrocution to your punch. Of course, you could just overpower your muscle and push your motion with it to an extreme, to the point where you risk or induce injury on a muscle too weak to handle the amount of energy travelling through it.

What ever it is you do with the energy is none of my business. Just perceive the general idea, that it has to do with focused will power and basic rules of your physical build.

Oh, yes, someone mentioned earlier channeling the energy in to a ball for an anime-styled attack. Yes, it's possible, no, you aren't likely to see it coming, but if you do, it's probably going to be the last thing you ever see, since we're talking about enough energy to generate local-area combustion being shot through the air and igniting the oxygen and hydrogen as it travels.

It's possible for a human to generate expelled energy sufficient to melt ice in sub-zero temperature at up to fifteen feet away, which is also equally enough heat to start small fires when placed against dry material and evaporate still water.

It's not likely that you will ever fly or blow up the moon using your own energy, nor will your hair randomly change color when you get angry...well, it might grey-out or turn white.

Generally speaking though, there's no master-technique involved in daily application of internal energy. The only difference is recognizing that you can do it, and doing it. The idea that you cannot do it is all the stops you.

~,
Lyfyx.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/14/05 03:31 PM

It just crossed my mind: eels (snake looking fish) when contracting muscles they generate a power of 800V .
They make it with huge tension .Is that simillar to aggressive type or it`s just a product of muscle work.
If it`s just muscles ,in theory men with enough tension in muscles would start electrifying themselves.

I know it`s weird talking about eels on this topic but that would mean that humans aren`t the only one who knows IMA
Posted by: Rumble

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/20/05 05:58 AM

When I first started martial arts I didnt believe in chi untill I say a chi gung master use it. He demonstrated it by slapping one of his students back with an open hand and in a few seconds there was this really red hand print on his back that lasted for a long time. I tryied slapping my friends back 10 times harder then what the chi master did with no results his back just turned red but no hand print. The chi arts are great the only set back or problem is you gotta have patience meaning to master a physical technique might take you 10 weeks to master an internal energy technique might take you 10 years or more.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/21/05 02:52 PM

So as i understand i should quit trying to make energy ball and instead concentrate on relaxing and abdominal breathing.

I`m not sure am i breathing properly. When i inhale i feel my stomach spreading a bit, when i exhale i pull in my stomach as much as i can to get all the air out of the lungs ,but my stomach and stomach muscles felt sore through the day.Does it supose to or not.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 05/21/05 04:46 PM

You should focus on finding a qualified instructor. That is the only way you will really learn anything. Otherwise you are only mimicking movements. See my last post in the “about chi balls” thread.
Posted by: dune76

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/22/05 09:29 AM

the taoist master mantak chia wrote a book called "kosmisches chi-kung" (would be "cosmic chi-kung" in english i think), itīs quite new here in germany.

he describes how to use chi-balls (e.g. for healing, re-energizing organs, washing the bone marrow and more). he also describes how to use your forefinger to send out your chi. the forefinger can bundle the chi like a "laserbeam".
in china itīs called "one-finger-technique".

the stuff described there is very advanced.
i already tried to find the book at amazon.com, but it didnīt show up there.

perhaps the people here in europe are more openminded than you in the US, so the book wasnīt translated in english.

if you donīt believe me, order the book at amazon.de and read it.
Posted by: nenipp

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/22/05 11:16 AM

"perhaps the people here in europe are more openminded than you in the US, so the book wasnīt translated in english."

I really love this theory... love at first sight!
Posted by: Kempoman

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/22/05 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyfyx
Oh, yes, someone mentioned earlier channeling the energy in to a ball for an anime-styled attack. Yes, it's possible, no, you aren't likely to see it coming, but if you do, it's probably going to be the last thing you ever see, since we're talking about enough energy to generate local-area combustion being shot through the air and igniting the oxygen and hydrogen as it travels.

How did I ever miss this one? You are an idiot, if you really believe this. I will let you try and destroy me with your anime-styled chi ball for free and even give you $1,000 US if you can make me move one single inch.

Quote:

It's possible for a human to generate expelled energy sufficient to melt ice in sub-zero temperature at up to fifteen feet away, which is also equally enough heat to start small fires when placed against dry material and evaporate still water.

Please provide the proof for this ridiculous statement or shut up.

Quote:

snip...nor will your hair randomly change color when you get angry...well, it might grey-out or turn white.

Believe me, mine is...after reading all of the tripe that you lot manage somehow to hack into the keyboard without drooling yourselves to death.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dune76
perhaps the people here in europe are more openminded than you in the US, so the book wasnīt translated in english.

If by openminded you mean gullible, then yes. (No offence meant to my wonderful sane fellow posters across the pond).

--K

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/22/05 01:35 PM

Hey Kempoman take it easy, watch out for your nerves.
Before it starts a euro-us war i wish to say , peace to all of you , we are all the same in ignorance

* White doves flying from Europe to Us*

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/22/05 01:53 PM

Quote:

Before it starts a euro-us war i wish to say , peace to all of you , we are all the same in ignorance

Yes, I know...but then again this is why I no longer moderate this forum.

{White doves flying back to Europe with hugs and kisses}

--KM
Posted by: Kosh

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/22/05 03:38 PM

Actually, the book is available in english and on amazon. And I think that it is more likely that it was first published in english and then translated to german.

Taoist Cosmic Healing : Chi Kung Color Healing Principles for Detoxification and Rejuvenation

It`s a good book, one of my favourites.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/23/05 02:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I know...but then again this is why I no longer moderate this forum.

{White doves flying back to Europe with hugs and kisses}

--KM

And why i'm going gray.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/23/05 04:18 AM

I first read laf7773's post "and why i'm going away" and paniked
glad to see you're only going gray, laf

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/23/05 03:48 PM

I feel such a good energy on this forum.

Now to ask for something smart ,or not. I found that 2 houses arround me have wells( if i didnt spell it right- hole in the ground that you pull water out). So that would mean that maybe there is a underwater going under my house. And i`m wondering is and can it affect us in the house. Radiations, bad energy flow...
It`s more connected with feng shui but i`m also wondering can it affect your chi, can you defend from it somehow,meditating.
How can i know is it bad place for sleeping ,what about N,S,W,E side.

I wouldn`t worry so much that i don`t have this injuries that keep going for a year now and another problem that kept for three years and three surgeries. I heard that a bad place for sleeping drains your energy and stops your healing proceses.
Or is it just me?

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/25/05 03:14 PM

hi again,
i apologize for making you upset with my us-euro comparison.

found something quite interesting:
- the book "qigong empowerment: A Guide to Medical, Taoist, Buddhist, and Wushu Energy Cultivation" by Shou-Yu Liang, Wen-Ching Wu, Denise Breiter-Wu
here a comment of a reader: "Absorbing and Emitting Qigong
This is perhaps the most universally interesting book because it strictly deals with you and your place in the cosmos. You are directed how to rotate a Qi ball, activate the girdle vessel and how to emit and return Qi back to your body. You are also taught how to use pressure points on the tips of your fingers to activate Healing Qi.
My favorite method in this book is Emitting Beams of Light for that process is like creating and then casting off your own star into the sky to illuminate the dark night. The book instructs you how to share and manage Qi between a group of people, how to absorb Qi from the Sun, moon, trees, flowers, bushes, mountains, rivers, oceans, heat sources, and through objects.

You also learn how to develop your healing ability, how to read auras and how to ward off negative energy. This book alone will change your life and your outlook on your fellow human beings as you ponder the greatness of the cosmos and your role in affecting its power."
link: http://goinside.com/00/6/empower.html

i already ordered this book from a UK bookstore through amazon.de.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/25/05 03:25 PM

one more thing:
i looked for those "mortal kombat" techniques my korean teacher spoke of, first i thought that would be ********. (watch the language)

look for yourself, hereīs a nice homepage about shaolin kungfu:
http://wongkk.com/general/table.html

Q&A from this site:
"My sifu told me an occasion when he had a friendly discussion with an old Shaolin master on kungfu matters. While talking the old master moved his palm against some pieces of paper which happened to be hanging down from a string many feet away, causing the paper to flutter, although there was no wind in the room. "Old master" my sifu exclaimed, "you have attained a very high level in your Strike-Across-Space Palm."

While praising him, my sifu, who was sitting a few feet from the old master, moved his index finger in circles in front of him. "Young master" the old master said, "your One-Finger Zen is not bad either." He had felt my sifuīs force. (Strike-Across-Space Palm and One-Finger Zen are two very advanced arts which can be used to injure opponents from a distance without physical contact. Together with Shaolin Marvelous Fist, they are regarded as the "three ultimate martial arts") .

In our school, “One-Finger Shooting Zen” is the main method to train for the art of One-Finger Zen. One-Finger Zen is often used in tim-mak, where a master can disable an opponent by using a finger to strike the latter’s energy point. Tim-mak can be very deadly, and therefore is used only when necessary. My sifu told me that in all his fights, he had used it only once. His opponent was like a bull, much bigger-sized and stronger than him, and was very aggressive. But by just striking his index finger at the opponent’s vital point at the base of his throat, the opponent collapsed with white foam coming out of his mouth. My sifu had to administer chi kung therapy to revive him."

studentīs sifu was "ho fatt nam".
you can google for "one finger shooting zen" and "strike across space palm".

perhaps the story of my korean teacher is true nevertheless.

regards
dn76

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/25/05 03:43 PM

now this, form the same page:

"Question 5
Some styles, like Tai Chi and Dachengchuan, are rumoured to be able to generate "empty force" ie. to strike/bounce-off an opponent without actually physically striking him/her. What do you think of this ability?

Answer 5
It may be incrediable, but such force is true. It is found in many other styles of kungfu besides Taijiquan and Dachengquan, and is known by various names. In Shaolin Kungfu it is called pi-kong-zhang, or "Striking-across-Space Palm".

In classical times kungfu masters recognized "the three ultimate arts in the martial world", known in Chinese as "wu lin san jue". They were "yi-zhi-chan", "pi-kong-zhang" and "shao-lin-shen-quan", or One-finger Zen, Striking-across-Space Palm and Shaolin Marvelous Fist. All the three are Shaolin arts."

perhaps iīll ask a chinese student i meet every day at the university.
at least we have the chinese words for those techniques.
"sub zero wins!"

greetings
dn76

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/25/05 05:52 PM

That site is a tad bit ridiculous. They are preying on gullible people who know nothing about energy arts or how energy is used. The unbendable arm is a trick, nothing more, it has nothing to do with ki/chi. Too bad i couldn't get any of the videos to play, it may have made for a good laugh. I really hope you don't believe in striking without touching.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 02:44 AM

well, youīve got your point of view, and thatīs ok.
iīll look into it, perhaps thereīs something true about it.

the same with reiki. i know that itīs true (i got the 2nd grade), but scientifically speaking thereīs no evidence, not a single one that this energy exists.
i know what iīm talking about because iīm studying chemistry and doing my masters degree now.
so there are people saying: "reiki is only BS and nothing of it is real!".
do i care? no!

one more hint admin:
donīt expect a real martial arts master to show you secret techniques unless he sees that you are ready for it.
but if you do not want to get these techniques, i got no prob with it

i gave you enough hints, if you do not want to use them itīs your matter.

have a nice day!
greetings
dn76

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 04:07 AM

Quote:

the same with reiki. i know that itīs true (i got the 2nd grade), but scientifically speaking thereīs no evidence, not a single one that this energy exists.
i know what iīm talking about because iīm studying chemistry and doing my masters degree now.
so there are people saying: "reiki is only BS and nothing of it is real!".
do i care? no!

I'm sure Reiki (moderator of the weapons forum) would like to have a few words with you then.

Quote:

one more hint admin:
donīt expect a real martial arts master to show you secret techniques unless he sees that you are ready for it.
but if you do not want to get these techniques, i got no prob with it

Let's put this into perspective. You say they are "secret" techniques but they are posted all over the internet? This is a cop out plain and simple. Any time a "master" claims to know the "secret" of the no touch KO or how to defend themselves without touching the attacker and are tested only to fail some guy has to pull the same card. "He's not going to show you because you’re not ready" is complete BS. How is it then that they will show junior practitioners in their school or post absurd clips on the net? The only truth here is they are liars and their students are either buying into their lies or unfortunate enough to actually believe the garbage they are being fed.

Quote:

i gave you enough hints, if you do not want to use them itīs your matter.

You have given ME enough hints? How about you take one yourself. The unbendable arm is a trick. The no touch KO is a trick. You talk about open minded but you have closed your mind to the fact that these things are not possible. You are giving me hints but you are the one who lacks the basic concept of the energy arts. You are wrapped up in all of the mystical BS that only permeates from the ignorant.

So now how about you drop the "hints" and give us some facts? Enlighten us. Start with your training background, how long you have been training, how old you are and who your instructor is. Just so we can get an idea of what you are ready for. I'm guessing you will either ignore the question, refuse to answer based on some BS excuse about not putting out your private info or just disappear all together.

Additionally have you SEEN any of these techniques done in person?

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 06:56 AM

The internet is full of this kind of stuff. You can`t blame those who lack of expirience and fall for that kind of stuff. Instead of judgeing them set them straight.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 10:30 AM

No no, I want to judge them, please let me judge... *drool* ... them

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 12:24 PM

of course i saw those techniques, in movies and video games.
simply ask sifu wong kiew kit if he can show you one of those non-existing chi-things.
in 2 of his books ("art of shaolin kung-fu", "complete book of shaolin") he claims that they are possible, so send him an email and ask him if you want.

perhaps heīll come to the US this year, that could be a good chance to meet him and have a talk with him.
this autumn heīll be visiting germany again and give a seminar about cosmic chi kung at frankfurt, perhaps iīll participate.

greetings
Posted by: LastGURU

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 12:30 PM

Quote:

this autumn heīll be visiting germany again and give a seminar about cosmic chi kung at frankfurt, perhaps iīll participate.

We all will be waiting for your field report on this, after the seminar...

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 01:37 PM

How about you answer my questions?

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/26/05 01:43 PM

I just thought of a nice investment. To all of you interested i have an outstanding deal.
Only for 99.99$ i am willing to sell my chi balls(costs of shipment are not counted in the price). So all of you interested call 1-800-CHI BALLS and get your chi ball!!!
(so far there are couple of balls that come in yellow,pink,green.)

{Attention: not for children under 36 months because of posibility of swallowing and starting to glow!!!}

Posted by: Unlimited Possibilities

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/27/05 12:11 AM

Hello all,

I see nothing has changed here. I justed wanted to say hello to all the people I have ever debated with in this forum.(small number) Good luck to all with innovative and open-minded ideas.

Thanks.

-Joe-

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/27/05 12:29 AM

Thank you.. persumably you have changed and grown more than us close minded old farts here on this board?

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/27/05 10:20 AM

What about the "Pimp-Slap-Across-Space/Time-Palm"

or the dreaded

"Monkey-bite through the looking glass".

Did you know that there was a time when the internet did not exist? I think that most of the problem is that kids today have grown up with the internet being there and that have a paradigm of "Well, if it is on the internet then it must be true!".

What are you mastering in?

--KM

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 02:57 AM

some more information from the taoist master mantak chia about the "empty force" how it is often referred to in the US:

[You will not be allowed to pimp this misinformation in this forum. Answer the questions posed to you.]

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 06:31 AM

editing my post because of nothing.
yeah sure, you are the only ones who got the essence of the energy arts.
other people in this forum are allowed to insult and ridicule, and thatīs ok isntīt it?

quite sure i never will post ever again in this forum, itīs better for all of us.

luckily i already found other people who are going to start some training the next days.

farewell, and have a nice life!

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 07:26 AM

I don't know in what way that was a reply to my post, but have a nice life you too... miss you already!
Posted by: Kosh

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 08:05 AM

Hmm, Laf why did you delete what he wrote, which was supposedly coming from Mantak Chia? I`d like to see what you consider as misinformation. Was Dune wrong or was Chia wrong?

Nenipp, I think Dune was refering to Laf editing his post.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 09:40 AM

"Nenipp, I think Dune was refering to Laf editing his post"

Yes, probably, but there was a "Re: nenipp" implying it was directed at me...

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 02:26 PM

They are both wrong in this case. This forum is not for the discussion of extinguishing flames from a distance or knocking people over using only your chi. It's fantasy, doesn't work and doesn't belong here.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/28/05 02:34 PM

Quote:

editing my post because of nothing.

I edited your post due to the misinformation you posted, your refusal to answer questions regarding your training and the apparent fact that you have no actual knowledge of the subject and can only regurgitate information you have read from others.

Quote:

yeah sure, you are the only ones who got the essence of the energy arts.

Not at all, but what you are talking about aren't energy arts, it's wishful thinking and myth.

Quote:

other people in this forum are allowed to insult and ridicule, and thatīs ok isntīt it?

Others here may be a bit sarcastic but no one has insulted or ridiculed you. They are just being blunt in the fact that you are being had.

Quote:

quite sure i never will post ever again in this forum, itīs better for all of us.

Better for you maybe. I would hate for that bubble you live to be burst. All you had to do was answer a few simple questions about your training and your instructor. If that's too hard for you then you’re in the wrong place.

Quote:

luckily i already found other people who are going to start some training the next days.

There is always going to be those willing to take advantage of the gullible.

Quote:

farewell, and have a nice life!

Already having one.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/30/05 01:40 PM

I have a question about one of the Tibetan exercises. In the exercise you start inhaling and lead the breath across head,spine and to the hara.While holding the left hand on your left leg with the right hand on your hara. After inhaled couple of times you transmit the energy to the right hand and then place it to the injured part of the body.(i didn`t explain it to the details cause i`m sure you know what`s it about)

Now the question is , if the chi is flowing through your body and you can heal better why to extract it to your hand.
I`m wondering cause Tibetans probably should know what are they doing.

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/30/05 03:21 PM

Quote:

I`m wondering cause Tibetans probably should know what are they doing.

Why would you make this assumption?

--KM

Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand - 06/30/05 04:10 PM

I meant on the Tibetan monks that meditate all they long, they usually represent the spiritually elevated and enlightened people ,or should be.

To leave them in Tibet, what about the exercise