I need to change

Posted by: Anonymous

I need to change - 04/20/05 11:45 PM

I Have Practiced Martial arts for 7 years now and have used my skills for the wrong resons, I have tried to change my ways but have only failed and hated myself. Can annyone help with their advise?

Re: I need to change - 04/20/05 11:56 PM

Two Paths- yes, but first choose one of the paths and follow it.

Re: I need to change - 04/21/05 05:18 AM

Apologize to every person you may have wronged in the past 7 years. You have to bow low to enter The Gate.

[This message has been edited by harlan (edited 04-21-2005).]

Re: I need to change - 04/21/05 08:16 AM

Let me know if you ever find someone who has used their skills for the right reasons.

Re: I need to change - 04/21/05 09:00 AM

What exactly do you mean by "for the wrong reasons", Two Paths? Do you mean that you ACTED wrong, or that you acted right for WRONG reeasons?

If you mean the second one, it's very common: many martial practitioners start feeling like heroes as soon as they have some skill (or before [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]) and will sometimes perform good feats - but will do so in order to feed their ego just as much (or more) as in order to help. I guess this wears out with time provided you want it to.

If you mean the first one, just follow Harlan's advice. Burn what you bowed to, and bow to what you burnt... It should be much easier to start anew thereafter.

I wish you courage and success.

Re: I need to change - 04/21/05 11:02 PM

Thank you all for your advice it really means a lot to me, I never really thought of it that way.

By the way Two Paths means the Eastern and Western arts, not good and bad.