Let me hate you.

Posted by: Anonymous

Let me hate you. - 04/16/05 09:35 AM

Has anyone noticed that the older you get, the more complicated people seem to become?

When I was younger, things seemes much more simple. The XXXX ethnic/political/religious/different country, city, neighborhood person was the enemy.

Simple, isn't it? Nice and easy.

My time here on the forum has certainly dashed that chestnut, for the most part. Some people may intially come across as the worst form of human vermin extant, and then post something truly thought provoking,challenging, or compassionate.

Please stay in your boxes!

Some members of my family hold quite dissimilar political views from my own. Initially I wrote them off as just ignorant fools, but over time, I have seen them to be honest and compassionate people. Different, yes. Evil, no.

I rather found the older, more polarized view much easier on me. Little thought required, little energy lost.

I liked it that way.

I thought things got easier as you got older, until you just coasted right into your rocking chair at the retirement home, sipping drinks with little hats in them whilst watching golden sunsets.

Seems I was mis-informed.

Enemies on one side, friends on the other, please....and stay there!

*harumph*

Re: Let me hate you. - 04/16/05 09:48 AM

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Let me hate you. - 04/16/05 11:36 AM

Yep, life in black and white is best. Damn those shades of grey do get in there though dont they?

As for the retirement image, that will make the U.K. contingent on this site chuckle, we will be blessed if we get a warm cup of tea on a wet weekend in Margate! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Bossman

Re: Let me hate you. - 04/16/05 01:10 PM

Margate..... Dreamland, throwing up on the rides, candy floss, 'kiss me quick' hats and rock (how do they get the word to go right through?)

The older you get - more people look beautiful....

[This message has been edited by Bossman (edited 04-16-2005).]
Posted by: nenipp

Re: Let me hate you. - 04/17/05 02:30 PM

Problem with black and white is, as soon as it isn't white it can be nothing but black..

Re: Let me hate you. - 04/19/05 02:25 AM

Matt, I hate kids, but I gotta agree with you here. They got that part down right.

On the other hand, it's those "Black and White" folk that really twix my panties. No matter how hard I try, it is impossible to explain to strict Catholics that just because I'm an atheist, doesn't mean I'm a bad person. Ok, well, I'm a bad example, but you know.

It's because of this Lack of Grey, that I choose to stay out of heated debates and arguments.

Goes to show that, Ignorance really is bliss.

Sometimes ..

-Ket

Re: Let me hate you. - 04/19/05 07:54 AM

Ket -

I have also had religious view differences with people, and found my post to reflective of my dealings with them.

The big point of my post was that even a seemingly B/W argument tends to have a lot of gray in it. What appears to be one thing on the surface may be very different indeed as you get deeper into the subject.

I have seen some truly polarized issues/people in my time, but the older I get, the less I see them.