I need to pick your brains

Posted by: Anonymous

I need to pick your brains - 03/23/05 04:08 PM

Many moons ago I was going through a bad time, I lost a close family member and found I couldn`t get to sleep, I started reading a book on martial arts which briefly covered most styles, in this book I found a section on ninjitsu (or I think it was ninjitsu, as I said it was many moons ago) which had about 9 different hand formations involving locking fingers together in various ways, I started meditating and using these hand formations, aswell as controlled breathing I found it was the ideal way to clear my mind (looking back I swear it evoked extra chi) having to concentrate on the next formation, anyhoo I can`t find my book, can`t remember what it was called and can only remember 1 of the formations, so I would be most grateful if any of you knowledgable people could help me find what I seek or let me know where to go to find some diagrams or litreature on this subject as this time it`s a divorce whats keeping me up. Cheers G
Posted by: kenposan

Re: I need to pick your brains - 03/23/05 06:52 PM

Hand symbols are called mudras if I remember right, although I don't know if that is what they are called in ninjitsu. I read about them in one of Stephen Hayes' books.

You don't need mudras to meditate, however. Just sit.