HELP! Chakra/Frequency Overload

Posted by: Anonymous

HELP! Chakra/Frequency Overload - 03/06/05 12:29 PM

I need HELP!! lol.

I have been studyin brainwave frequencies for awhile now and have recently decided that in addition to using a binaural beat meditation CD, upon an awesome suggestion, I would try BWGEN (free brainwave software) to make some of my own brainwave entrainment sounds. I realized that I have a few things I dont get.

OK, first, I quickly learned music theory yesterday so as to understand the octaves, notes etc and how to move from one octave to the next etc. However, only to discover that there are like 4 or more systems of tuning!!

SO...

QUESTION 1:

WHAT SCALE DO PEOPLE USE TO TUNE CHAKRAS, OHM, ETC? I have read that the PHYSICAL scale was the way to go and I have also read that the HINDU scale of F# being the base is the one that is in tuned with all the "NATURAL" frequencies.

QUESTION 2:

I KNOW THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BRAINWAVE STATE AND JUST "VIBRATING" AT A FREQUENCY. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS?

What I mean is, for example, the Shuman wave is said to be a brain wave frequency of 7.5hz. But OHM for example is said to be 136hz. Now that cant be a "brainwave" as we would be all stressed out at 136hz brainwave state!! However, if it is just a "resonating sound", a audible frequency, played it is AMAZINGLY calming. I tried it yesterday, just let a 136hz sound come from my speakers and I could actually feel my chest (heart chakra was what they called it) tingling. WAS kewl!!

I have seen at:
http://www.binaural-beats.com/binaural-beats/chakra_balancing.aspx

that they use a carrier frequency of 136.1hz (OHM) to produce a 10.5HZ (alpha) brainwave beat. But how does this stimulate the chakra? I mean you dont actually HEAR the 136hz. You hear TWO tones that mix to form the 10.5 beat. Also, what does the brainwave have to do with chakras anyway. I mean if the heart chakra resonates at 136.1 then wouldnt just playing a note of 136.1 stimulate it? In other words, no binaural beat needed to stimulate it, just the note? If I understand the whole chakra thing right.....meditating allows energy to pass through them whereas vibrating at the frequency "clears" them. Hence the BB is for meditating and the "note" (normal audible sound) is for stimulating them. Sound right?

QUESTION 3:

Lastly, how is it that there can be multiple binaural beats going at once? The Awakened Minds CD and others "layer" their CD so its more natural. And u can do that with the BWGEN as well. But with 4 Binaural beats going at once, HOW does your brain know what to entrain to? Is it the loudest? the deepest? I DO believe multiples are better as the HoloSync cd, being at only ONE binaural beat, was giving me a huge headache. The AM cd doesnt seem to bother me. It is QUITE relaxing.

So to sum up...HELP lol!! I want to understand this whole chakra frequency thing and the data seems to be all over the place. If anyone has their opinion and support as to what frequency each chakra is I would appreciate it. This was what I have found so far. (but data does vary depending on scale) Using the Physical scale:

Chakra 1--c note--4th octave=256
Chakra 2--d note--4th octave=288
Chakra 3--e note--4th octave=320
Chakra 4--f note--4th octave=341.5
Chakra 5--g note--4th octave=384
Chakra 6--a note--4th octave=426
Chakra 7--b note--4th octave=480

You will notice that OHM (which seems to actually be SET at 136.1 ) doesnt correspond in the above chart. Hence OHM..which is a C#, if it is the heart chakra, must be using a different scale.. (perhaps the Hindu F# based scale?)

Anyway, I would apprectiate the help and I would be most thankful

God BLess
Mana

Re: HELP! Chakra/Frequency Overload - 03/28/05 02:57 PM

It is amazing that you mention C#.

C# is the frequency at which our planet resonates.

Also, even the worst singers are capable of singing that note.

It is a natural frequency, and you'd be 'in tune with the planet' which makes sense since we evolved here, and it would be contrary to sympathetic vibratory physics to have something naturally evolving in dissonance.

[This message has been edited by Maai (edited 03-28-2005).]

Re: HELP! Chakra/Frequency Overload - 03/30/05 12:14 PM

Thats pretty cool that our planet is at a frequency like that, but I have one question. Is that key of C# that the earth is in perfect? Or more or less C#?

Thanks.

-Joe-