my first meditaion

Posted by: Anonymous

my first meditaion - 02/18/05 09:55 AM

Last night I tried meditation for the first time and I got a weird feeling. It felt like i was floating and I was spinning in my mind. I guess thats how it felt. It's hard to explain. Well I was wondering if that feeling is normal or was I doing it wrong.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: my first meditaion - 02/21/05 01:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NewMartialArtist:
Last night I tried meditation for the first time and I got a weird feeling. It felt like i was floating and I was spinning in my mind. I guess thats how it felt. It's hard to explain. Well I was wondering if that feeling is normal or was I doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

In the past I've experienced the feeling of weightless-ness and sometimes couldn't feel how and where my hands and arms were whilst meditating. I think this is when your body is in almost complete relaxed mode. I've also experienced dizziness and a slight spinning similar to what you mentioned but I can't explain this. One possibility could be that your not breathing enough to get oxygen into your system? The dizziness has since passed with me and I no longer experience it during meditation.

All I can say is to keep practising and I believe these things will disappear once you've become more accustomed to meditating.

Hope this helps!

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Chanters